2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thank you :hap10: so much to everyone who wrote about the performances, especially the pairs. And double thanks :points: to everyone who posted links to the videos. Because of family visits, I came very late to this thread.

I've still only had a chance to watch the pairs, my favorite. I'm really happy about the Chelsea/Balasz team, and (a bit more surprisingly) about the Katie/Daniil team. Katie and Daniil seem to be well on the same page artistically, and I feel something has been freed up in Katie. Chelsea and Balasz seem really solid and on their way. Both couples look very happy. (Still, Timmy and Ellie seemed to have the most fun!)

I take it no one was able to load L/N's free skate on youtube. But I enjoyed the other 3. Also, I noticed, while studying the scores, that if Chelsea and Balasz hadn't scored "0" on their combination spin, they'd have won with significantly more point spread. It was probably a fluke something that happened. I'm really anxious to see their program, but we'll have to wait for the next comp they're in, I guess.

I also enjoyed watching the coaches' and skaters' interactions in between. I especially enjoyed watching how Brandon Frazier initiated some remarks with each team, after their skates. Looked like he was giving encouragement and having fun.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone seen anything of the men’s long?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have to admit I'm watching the pairs again, and Martins and Bedard's SP music was so boring....but then we got to the end and she is SOOOO HAPPY, it made me smile. I love to see a skater who is literally downright gleeful, especially at a comp this size. And is Brandon Frazier there as a coach, or because they all skate at his rink?
Frazier is a coach.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have to admit I'm watching the pairs again, and Martins and Bedard's SP music was so boring....but then we got to the end and she is SOOOO HAPPY, it made me smile. I love to see a skater who is literally downright gleeful, especially at a comp this size. And is Brandon Frazier there as a coach, or because they all skate at his rink?

I was so disappointed in the music. Didn't Rohene choreo the SP? I expected better.

Does anyone know what the song was? It sounded like the music to an exhibition skate that Nathan did at the Ice, which I didn't like either (the music, not the skate!) But maybe that fake violin and thumpy beat and whiny voice is in eight different songs, for all I know. :biggrin:

I don’t know. I can try to Shazam it.
In reference to SP music for Martins Bedard. Rohene did choreo it and it's a piece that became popular in 2017 when Jeremy Abbott skated an awesome version of it and then many others just had to use the music after that LOL! It's "In This Shirt" by the Irrepressibles.
Sadly, I have to post a video from a charity event over year later than he skated it in SOI b/c the videos of the SOI version's owner isn't allowing sharing.

Nathan never skated to this music, he did on the other hand skate in the 2018-19 season to another piece Jeremy skated to the Spring prior (2017) by Woodkid called "Land of All."

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In reference to SP music for Martins Bedard. Rohene did choreo it and it's a piece that became popular in 2017 when Jeremy Abbott skated an awesome version of it and then many others just had to use the music after that LOL! It's "In This Shirt" by the Irrepressibles.
Sadly, I have to post a video from a charity event over year later than he skated it in SOI b/c the videos of the SOI version's owner isn't allowing sharing.

Nathan never skated to this music, he did on the other hand skate in the 2018-19 season to another piece Jeremy skated to the Spring prior (2017) by Woodkid called "Land of All."

Thanks! You are much more informative than Shazam!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
This video is listed as Josephine Lee, but there is no one by that name in the event.
Who is it really?
This is Josephine Lee. She was there, but skated outside of competition (but with scoring): https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/33415/CAT020SEG016.html

She placed 4th at Senior Nationals last season, and so has already qualified for this year's Nationals, and is using the opportunity to practice the junior versions of her programs for her JGP assignment (she couldn't do it in competition as once you move up to senior domestically, you are no longer allowed to skate junior).

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2023 Glacier Falls – Anaheim, CA, USA – July 27-30, 2023
All skaters listed in start order | Results
Senior Men SP
1 Aleksa Rakic
2 Goku Endo
4 Alain Sandraz
5 Samuel Mindra
6 Kai Kovar
7 Paul Yeung
8 Michael Xie
9 Jack Liu
10 Liam Kapeikis
12 Eric Sjoberg
13 Yaroslav Paniot
WD Stephen Gogolev
WD Matthew Nielsen

Junior Men SP
1 David Lu
2 Antonio Monaco
3 Luke Wang
4 Damian Malczyk
6 Andriy Kratyuk
7 Vaclav Vasquez
8 Sergei Evseev
9 Alexander Liu
WD Laz Lune
Senior Women SP
Group 1
1 Erica Machida
3 Clare Seo
4 Alexa Gasparotto
5 Sonja Hilmer

Group 2
6 Sarah Everhardt
7 Nicole Park
8 Julia Fennell
9 Hannah Herrera
10 Audrey Shin
11 Elyce Lin-Gracey

Group 3
12 Courtney Hicks
13 Kailey Wistort
15 Dimitra Korri
16 Mia Kalin
WD Hanna Harrell
WD Soho Lee
WD Lianna OGrady
Junior Women SP - A
1 Keira Hilbelink
2 Anastasiya Rodriguez
3 Suemin Shin
4 Ashley Yang
5 Shona Iwaya
6 Logan Higase-Chen
7 Madison Grumley
8 Mia Barghout
9 Maile Hilbelink
10 Cleo Park
11 Kate Pressgrove
12 Estelle Schwab
13 Ella Kim
14 Julia Velculescu
15 Teryn Kim

Junior Women SP - B

1 Ellie Clopp
2 Rayhana Hashemi
3 Kayluh Derzy
4 Annika Chao
5 Sherry Zhang
6 Melania Blecic
7 Olivia Flores
8 Mimika Endo
9 Isabella Hazelton
10 Sydney Taylorson
11 Alexa Webb
12 Elizabeth Rubinsky
13 Sofia Velculescu
14 Sasha Giammarco
Senior Pairs SP
1 Isabelle Martins/Ryan Bedard
2 Chelsea Liu/Balazs Nagy | v2
3 Katie McBeath /Daniil Parkman
4 Ellie Korytek / Timmy Chapman

Junior Pairs SP
1 Audrey Park/Carter Griffin
2 Melania Delis/Jaden Schwab
3 Naomi Williams/Lachlan Lewer
4 Olivia Flores/Luke Wang
5 Catherine Rivers/Nathan Rensing
Senior Men FS
1 Samuel Mindra
2 Jack Liu
3 Alain Sandraz
4 Michael Xie
5 Paul Yeung
6 Goku Endo
7 Yaroslav Paniot
8 Eric Sjoberg
9 Kai Kovar
10 Aleksa Rakic
11 Liam Kapeikis
WD Stephen Gogolev
WD Matthew Nielsen

Junior Men FS
1 Sergei Evseev
2 Andriy Kratyuk
3 David Lu
4 Vaclav Vasquez
5 Luke Wang
6 Antonio Monaco
7 Alexander Liu
8 Damian Malczyk
WD Laz Lune
Senior Women FS
Group 1
1 Julia Fennell
2 Kailey Wistort
3 Erica Machida
4 Dimitra Korri

Group 2
5 Alexa Gasparotto
6 Nicole Park
7 Courtney Hicks
8 Hannah Herrera
9 Sonja Hilmer

Group 3
10 Mia Kalin *quad toe
11 Clare Seo
12 Elyce Lin-Gracey
13 Audrey Shin
14 Sarah Everhardt
WD Hanna Harrell
WD Soho Lee
WD Lianna Ogrady

EX Josephine Lee FS
Junior Women FS - A
1 Ashley Yang
2 Julia Velculescu
3 Kate Pressgrove
4 Madison Grumley
5 Anastasiya Rodriguez
6 Estelle Schwab
7 Suemin Shin
8 Teryn Kim
9 Maile Hilbelink
10 Shona Iwaya
11 Mia Barghout
12 Ella Kim
13 Keira Hilbelink
14 Logan Higase-Chen
15 Cleo Park

Junior Women FS - B

1 Rayhana Hashemi
2 Kayluh Derzy
3 Isabella Hazelton
4 Sofia Velculescu
5 Elizabeth Rubinsky
6 Sydney Taylorson
7 Alexa Webb
8 Olivia Flores
9 Mimika Endo
10 Sherry Zhang
11 Sasha Giammarco
12 Melania Blecic
13 Annika Chao
14 Ellie Clopp
Senior Pairs FS
1 Isabelle Martins/Ryan Bedard
2 Ellie Korytek / Timmy Chapman | v2
3 Katie McBeath /Daniil Parkman
4 Chelsea Liu/Balazs Nagy

Junior Pairs FS
2 Melania Delis/Jaden Schwab
3 Olivia Flores/Luke Wang
4 Catherine Rivers/Nathan Rensing
5 Naomi Williams/Lachlan Lewer
WD Audrey Park/Carter Griffin

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Thanks, @labgoat, you rock as usual! I have been wanting to see Flores / Wang's Once Upon A December, glad they kept it for another season. Clearly it's an early season performance, here's hoping they can polish it up in the coming months.