2023 Worlds: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Worlds: Info & Pregame Chat

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The colorful time schedule is up on the ISU event page, but I don't know how to link the actual schedule here...

I'll be missing the first practice session day...not sure if I'll make it to the second practice session day or not. *sigh*

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I am SO gutted that I'm on a road trip on the South Island of New Zealand during Worlds. Gah!!! I don't go away very often, but when I do, I try to do digital detox by minimizing the use of devices. Not this time, though! I will take my faithful laptop and tune in when I can. And rewatch everything on the big screen when I come back. I suspect wi-fi will be patchy in some locations, so I will be depending on Golden Skate forums to keep me updated. Thrilled to hear there are so many pairs competing (GO RIKURYU!!!).

icewhite

Record Breaker
Hm, why did I have 6 picks in the prediction game? Should I only have picked 5?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To all of you guys having 5 picks, did you have 6 as well, but chose to only select 5?
Only 5 count, so that's why. Plus it used to be if you had 6, if there was a withdrawal the 6th would become 5th...that is not the case now.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am SO gutted that I'm on a road trip on the South Island of New Zealand during Worlds. Gah!!! I don't go away very often, but when I do, I try to do digital detox by minimizing the use of devices. Not this time, though! I will take my faithful laptop and tune in when I can. And rewatch everything on the big screen when I come back. I suspect wi-fi will be patchy in some locations, so I will be depending on Golden Skate forums to keep me updated. Thrilled to hear there are so many pairs competing (GO RIKURYU!!!).
Tell you what...I will take your road trip and see the seven national parks and look for Hobbits and YOU can sit in front of my big screen and watch worlds! :) I wonder if I can talk Haley Westenra to show me around? Yeah, she is probably busy...watch out for earthquakes and have a whole lot of fun....Beautiful area.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, it looks like the Japanese wisely dont keep turning their clocks back and forth, so watching four of the 8 comps on Peacock will be easy...Last two groups of ladies free will take some coffee and committment. Thankfully, and hopefully, there will be on demand on ISU youtube even if I have to move back to NL for awhile....

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Well, it looks like the Japanese wisely dont keep turning their clocks back and forth, so watching four of the 8 comps on Peacock will be easy...Last two groups of ladies free will take some coffee and committment. Thankfully, and hopefully, there will be on demand on ISU youtube even if I have to move back to NL for awhile....
How did you find Worlds on Peacock? I don't see anything when I bring up Peacock.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Tell you what...I will take your road trip and see the seven national parks and look for Hobbits and YOU can sit in front of my big screen and watch worlds! :) I wonder if I can talk Haley Westenra to show me around? Yeah, she is probably busy...watch out for earthquakes and have a whole lot of fun....Beautiful area.....
Gosh, that takes me back. You don't hear much about Hayley Westenra these days. I had to look her up on Wikipedia. Sounds like her adult life has been a bit ordinary, married, divorced, engaged to someone else. My ideal holiday would be exactly the same, but with Worlds figure skating footage on tap with a massive TV screen. I will have to make do with epic hikes with views of mountains and lakes, hot springs and spa baths...:biggrin:

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good news: My ticket appeared on the ticket app!

Bad news: I have no idea where I will be sitting... My ticket simply lists a "control number" and tells me to exchange it for an ID pass at the All-Event ticket location inside the Saitama Super Arena on the 22nd...good grief. I hope my seat is a good one...

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
My individual tickets have appeared in the app too! 😆

The individual practice tickets that I bought are not there yet though, does anyone know when they will appear in the app? Or do they go through a different channel?

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Good news: My ticket appeared on the ticket app!

Bad news: I have no idea where I will be sitting... My ticket simply lists a "control number" and tells me to exchange it for an ID pass at the All-Event ticket location inside the Saitama Super Arena on the 22nd...good grief. I hope my seat is a good one...
Same here. After all this time, we still don’t know where our seats are 🙄. Previous event tickets I’ve received through e-tickets (for 2018 NHK) had to be claimed as described in the email that arrived a short while ago. These just appeared! Hopefully, the practice tickets will arrive imminently—with seat location.

When you view the ticket and hit Details at the top of the screen, you get the Ticket Details page which says TEST PAGE!!!!!! Maybe at some point the seat numbers will show up there? 🤔

Last edited:

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Same here. After all this time, we still don’t know where our seats are 🙄. Previous event tickets I’ve received through e-tickets (for 2018 NHK) had to be claimed as described in the email that arrived a short while ago. These just appeared! Hopefully, the practice tickets will arrive imminently—with seat location.

When you view the ticket and hit Details at the top of the screen, you get the Ticket Details page which says TEST PAGE!!!!!! Maybe at some point the seat numbers will show up there? 🤔
Yeah, I noticed that weird test page with the odd symbols on it too... It seems possible that the seat numbers will show up there...

As for practice tickets, I had heard from another attendee that they came with the all-event ticket. Seeing the 22nd listed as the ticket exchange date has confused me quite a bit, since I didn't buy official practice tickets separately. I hope I can get a practice ticket soon too; this directly impacts my travel plans. I need to know if I have to get up at 5 am on the 21st in order to take the Shinkansen from Osaka to Saitama so I can make it on time to the men's practice session at 11 am...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Gosh, that takes me back. You don't hear much about Hayley Westenra these days. I had to look her up on Wikipedia. Sounds like her adult life has been a bit ordinary, married, divorced, engaged to someone else. My ideal holiday would be exactly the same, but with Worlds figure skating footage on tap with a massive TV screen. I will have to make do with epic hikes with views of mountains and lakes, hot springs and spa baths...:biggrin:
You are killing me, Sai Bon! I remember Hayley Westenra when she was this lovely young lady who I tried to grab off the stage in Boise ID at her Celtic Woman concert in 2007...her version of "May it Be" broke my heart with visions of New Zealand in the backround...now she is married, divorced and engaged and 35????? :frown: