2024-25 Japanese Pairs and Ice Dance | Golden Skate

2024-25 Japanese Pairs and Ice Dance

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
National Team
As of Strengthening Athletes page released April 24, athletes may be added or removed based on GP/international assignments or retirement
Pairs
Special
Riku Miura & Ryuichi Kihara aka "RikuRyu" (ISU, JSF, GS thread, likely will earn automatic berth to Nationals)
B
Yuna Nagaoka & Sumitada Moriguchi aka "YunaSumi" (ISU, JSF, GS thread, seeded)
Sae Shimizu & Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda aka "SaeLuka" (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Ice Dance
B
Azusa Tanaka & Shingo Nishiyama aka "AzuShin" (ISU, JSF, GS thread, seeded)
Utana Yoshida & Masaya Morita aka "UtaMasa" (ISU, JSF, GS thread, seeded)
Ayano Sasaki & Yoshimitsu Ikeda (JSF)
Sara Kishimoto and Atsuhiko Tamura* aka "SaraAtsu" (ISU, JSF, seeded for Junior Nationals)
Kaho Yamashita & Yuto Nagata (ISU, JSF)
Other Teams
Sumire Yoshida & Ibuki Ogahara** aka "SumiIbu"

*denotes likely junior
**denotes senior age-ineligible
--Seeded skaters are the top 3 finishers at Nationals. They automatically qualify for the next years' Nationals. Non-seeded skaters must compete at Regional and Sectional Championships in order to qualify, but may be exempted if an international competition overlaps with Regional/Sectional competitions

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
An update on RikuRyu:

Riku reinjured her shoulder (I believe it was during the 6 minute warmup of the Worlds FS) and will begin rehab on it soon. Ryuichi has been diagnosed with asthma, but feels like they will be able to manage his condition now that they know what it is.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
An update on RikuRyu:

Riku reinjured her shoulder (I believe it was during the 6 minute warmup of the Worlds FS) and will begin rehab on it soon. Ryuichi has been diagnosed with asthma, but feels like they will be able to manage his condition now that they know what it is.
I am happy they do know what it is! And he's perfectly right. If you know what something is, that makes it easier to manage (I didn't say easy, but easier).