2024 Helsinki Solo Ice Dance International | Apr 6-7 | Golden Skate

2024 Helsinki Solo Ice Dance International | Apr 6-7

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Helsinki Solo Ice Dance International will take place April 6-7, 2024, in Helsinki, Finland, at the Herttoniemen ice rink. The event will feature the Ice Dance discipline in the novice, junior and senior divisions, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2023-24 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023-24 (ISU Communication 2560) and relevant ISU Communications.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The 2024 Helsinki Solo Ice Dance International will take place April 6-7, 2024, in Helsinki, Finland, at the Herttoniemen ice rink. The event will feature the Ice Dance discipline in the novice, junior and senior divisions, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2023-24 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023-24 (ISU Communication 2560) and relevant ISU Communications.
Intrigued! Will there be a stream?

adhara

On the Ice
Country
Finland

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Here are the entries:

Unfortunately no Canadians. In senior, just the British, Spanish, Finnish, USA, and Poland.

From what I know, Canada doesn't have a Solo Dance track so I doubt many Canadian skaters would get into it as the international track is new this year.
well that's weird considering the number of ice dancers in canada... I can also see someone like my beloved Bruce Waddel who doesn't really have a chance to get international assignments in singles but is a bronze junior world medallist in ice dance who could do solo dance in parallel to his singles skating and succeed quite well...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Seems like it's mostly Women too... i think i saw two names that could be masculine.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
well that's weird considering the number of ice dancers in canada... I can also see someone like my beloved Bruce Waddel who doesn't really have a chance to get international assignments in singles but is a bronze junior world medallist in ice dance who could do solo dance in parallel to his singles skating and succeed quite well...
He did one better, he got a silver. But I would love to see Bruce in Solo Dance too. I always love watching him at Canadian's.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
He did one better, he got a silver. But I would love to see Bruce in Solo Dance too. I always love watching him at Canadian's.
Gosh.... is my memory failing me that badly :) I think I confused it with BB :) thanks for the correction

adhara

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Yeah, I have found it to be very weird. I would love to see solo dance in Canada. CanNats is one of my favorite events to watch. So much variety in style and amazing skating and not as much drama as some other national events.

It is at the moment mostly women. Currently solo dance is mostly used as a track for skaters who can't find partners and the guys can always find a girl.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Seems like it's mostly Women too... i think i saw two names that could be masculine.
Isak GRÄNS (SWE), Filip NILSSON (SWE) These quite international names are masculine names also in Sweden. I don't know about others. All Finns are women.

I would not have known about this competition without this forum...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Isak GRÄNS (SWE), Filip NILSSON (SWE) These quite international names are masculine names also in Sweden. I don't know about others. All Finns are women.

I would not have known about this competition without this forum...
those were the two i was wondering about ;)

Yeah, I have found it to be very weird. I would love to see solo dance in Canada. CanNats is one of my favorite events to watch. So much variety in style and amazing skating and not as much drama as some other national events.

It is at the moment mostly women. Currently solo dance is mostly used as a track for skaters who can't find partners and the guys can always find a girl.
Solo dance is starting. In the Canadian thread

adhara

On the Ice
Country
Finland
those were the two i was wondering about ;)

Solo dance is starting. In the Canadian thread
YES!!!! So excited!!!