Aleksandra Golovkina | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Golovkina

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
European Championships Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
European Championships Senior Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Aleksandra finished 16th out of 24 in the FS, with a score of 99.36. This meant that she dropped to 16th position overall, with a score of 155.16.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread about the Warm-Up:

Nice jump when the announcer started talking about Aleksandra. But, she then had a strange random fall just afterwards.

Then she did another nice jump. And then had another strange random fall just afterwards. It was like an instant replay, except it wasn't.

I'm getting worried now. After how beautiful she has been all season, it would be a travesty if things went wrong today.

But, as Chris said, as long as she does it now and not during the programme.

Unfortunately, they didn't show much of her again after that. Apart from when she was coming off the ice.

Oh, I hope this goes well.

CaroLiza_fan

Here is what I wrote as she was being introduced before doing her programme:

You could hear the audience clapping in encouragement for Aleksandra all the way through Emmi's highlights!

Here we go. My kid doing potentially her last competitive Free Skate at a Major Championships on home ice.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ALEKSANDRA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote about her programme:

I am hanging onto my hat, Chris. Don't worry about that!

Beautiful combination jump to start. And another beautiful combination jump as her second element too!

Individual Toe Loop beautiful too.

Flip at star of sequence doubled, but Axels beautiful.

Next few elements were good too!

Flip on own not landed great.

Fell on Triple Loop and then on Triple Salchow.

The audience clapping in encouragement her towards the end. The loved the final spin.

Such an amount of support.

Big smiles coming off the ice. And massive hug from David when she came off the ice.

She's got a big heart cushion, and she held it up to everybody.

Into 6th in the FS and overall.

She's disappointed of course, but she's enjoying the moment.

So proud of her.

:cheer: WELL DONE ALEKSANDRA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

As for comments from other members, my Norwegian friend said:

Shame with the mistakes, I guess her TES will go down a little, a really good oppurtunity for Golovkina to try get the World mins, she needs both in the SP and FS.

I had completely forgot that Euros would count for getting Minimum TES's for Senior Worlds. :drama: But, alas, she didn't get them for either SP or FS. 😞

Our fan of pretty dresses said:

Alexsandra. Elegant dress. Good program, a couple of mistakes, but she never lost focus. Great home audience. :cheer::cheer:

And another member said:

Alexandra is very elegant on the ice. I love her programme.

Looking at the Protocols, the two combination jumps at the start were not as good as I thought. The first, the Triple Toe-Double Toe, got -1 from six Judges; and 0 from 3 Judges. It also got GOE of -0.30.

The second was the Triple Loop-Double Toe, and the Loop was landed on the quarter. It got -2 from seven Judges; and -1 from two Judges. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.91.

The next four elements all went well. The sequence of jumps that she did as her fourth element was the only slight blip. As Chris said in commentary, she doubled what was supposed to be a Triple Flip at the start of the sequence. As a result, Judge 3 gave it -1, while Judge 4 gave it 0. But, all the other numbers were positive, with 6 Judges giving it +1; and Judge 8 giving it +2. Although it got the second lowest of the positive GOE's, at +0.28, it had by far the highest Base Value. So the fact that the GOE was not negative meant that the sequence remained as the highest scoring element of the programme.

The sixth element, the Choreographic Sequence, was particularly good. Although it only got 0 from Judge 4, it got +1 from Judge 9; +2 from four Judges; and +3 from three Judges. It also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +1.07.

But then things started going wrong. I said at the time that the Triple Flip didn't have a great landing, and the reason is that it was under-rotated. Consequently, the Judges gave it five -3's; and four -2's. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.09.

Then she fell on her next two elements, both of which were downgraded. They also both got -5 from all the Judges. The Triple Loop got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme at -0.85, which made it the second lowest scoring element of the programme. The Triple Salchow got the fourth biggest GOE hit of the programme at -0.65, which made it the lowest scoring element of the programme.

Thankfully, it was all rosy after that. In fact, she even got a few of those elusive +4's from the Judges for her final two elements.

The penultimate element, the Layback Spin, got 0 from Judge 7; +1 from three Judges; +2 from two Judges; +3 from two Judges; and +4 from Judge 3. It also got GOE of +0.45.

The last element, the Change Foot Combination Spin, got +2 from two Judges; +3 from five Judges; and +4 from two Judges. It also got the second highest GOE of the programme, at +1.05.

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 1.60 points behind 15th position, Nataly LANGERBAUR (EST), and 0.09 points ahead of 16th position, Nina POVEY (GBR). All three of them are part of a larger group where 5 skaters are covered by 3.25 points, stretching from Kristina ISAEV (DEU) in 14th position, 2.31 points ahead of Aleksandra, to Mariia SENIUK (ISR) in 18th position, 0.94 points behind Aleksandra.

Overall, Aleksandra finished 0.12 points behind 15th position, Isaev, and 1.11 points ahead of 16th position, Povey. All three of them are part of a larger group where 8 skaters are covered by 5.31 points, stretching from Nataly LANGERBAUR (EST) in 14th position, 0.16 points ahead of Aleksandra, to Nella PELKONEN (FIN) in 21st position, 5.15 points behind Aleksandra.

I know I have thought for a long time that Aleksandra will use this event as her swansong. But, I'm not so sure now. After how well she has been skating all season, I don't think she'll want to say goodbye with two performances that were not clean. So, I would not be surprised if she opted to continue on, perhaps even returing to Kaunas for the Icebeat Winter Trophy in 3 weeks time.

But if this week really is the end of her competitive career, at least she'll have the opportunity to make up for it today, as it will not surprise anybody to find out that she is performing in the Gala.

The Gala Exhibition is due to start at 15:30:00 EET (13:30:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 4th skater to start. So, fourth skater in Group 1.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Gala PDF doesn't actually give times.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/933

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Although there are no individual videos of it, I just wanted to share the comments about Aleksandra's exhibition programme.

When the Gala started, we were surprised to find that there were live musicians playing the music. After the second skater did her programme, I posted the following:

Ah, it looks like the live music wasn't just for the local boy.

Now I'm intrigued to find out what my girl Aleksandra is going to be skating to. Because her skating is beautiful as it is, but whatever she does will be even more beautiful accompanied by live music.

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote about the programme:

Oi don't focus on the instruments! Focus on the skater! :mad:

Beautiful. Everything was just beautiful. :love:

Don't know the song, but it suited her.

If that is the last time we see her, that was the sort of performance you want to go out on.

Thank you Alika.

CaroLiza_fan

One of our Italian members was also watching, and commented:

What a nice dress!

And then added after Aleksandra finished:

Italian commentator Franca Bianconi is gushing about Aleksandra, saying that she is really expressive and elegant.

Now that is praise indeed! :bow: :clap: :points:

As for the Finale, the lights were down much lower than normal, so it was very hard to identify skaters. I spotted Aleksandra standing beside Men's Singles skater Tomas-Llorenc GUARINO SABATE (ESP) at one stage, but I wasn't able to spot her when she was doing anything.

That said, the reason that the lights were down so low suddenly made sense when a fire show started. And the Finale became really spectacular.

After not being clean in either of her competition programmes, I'm glad Aleksandra's European Championships on home ice ended on a high.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know I have thought for a long time that Aleksandra will use this event as her swansong. But, I'm not so sure now. After how well she has been skating all season, I don't think she'll want to say goodbye with two performances that were not clean. So, I would not be surprised if she opted to continue on, perhaps even returing to Kaunas for the Icebeat Winter Trophy in 3 weeks time.

And this revised theory was correct. Because Aleksandra is indeed entered for the Icebeat Winter Trophy.

You know, although all the stars seemed to be aligning to say that she would have her curtain fall at Europeans, I am delighted that Aleksandra is continuing on.

A large part of the reason that I thought she would retire this season was that she was using the same music for her SP this season that she used for her SP in the season that she made her Junior GP debut, way back 11 years ago. This seemed to me to be symbolic; that she was bringing her career of competing in ISU run events full circle.

So, perhaps it would be a nice idea to watch the two versions of the "Clair De Lune" Short Programme, and see how how the programme has evolved and how Aleksandra has progressed in the 11 seasons.

Unfortunately, the two highest scoring preformances of the 2012-13 Season version of the "Claire De Lune" SP (from the Ice Star, and the Warsaw Cup) are not on YouTube. So I have linked to the third highest scoring performance, which was from her second Junior GP appearance, the Bled Cup. Admittedly, there is a serious amount of fog. But, you can actually see what she is doing.

The highest scoring performance of the 2023-24 Season version was actually last week at the European Championships. But, since it is not on YouTube, I have linked to the second highest scoring performance, which was from her first "home" event of the season, the Tayside Trophy.

2012 ISU Junior Grand Prix Bled Cup SP

27th September 2012: ISU Junior Grand Prix Bled Cup SP (No Commentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdIcSCOUiA

Aleksandra finished 13th out of 33 in the SP, with a score of 41.50. (Results; Protocols)

Rank
Name
Nation
Start No
Total Segment Score
=
Total Element Score
+
Total Program Component Score (factored)
+
Deductions
-
13​
Aleksandra GOLOVKINA
LTU​
3​
41.50​
23.76​
17.74​
0.00​

#
Executed Elements
Info
Base Value
GOE
J1
J2
J3
J4
J5
J6
J7
J8
J9
Ref
Scores of Panel
1​
3S+2T
5.50​
-1.10​
-1​
-1​
-2​
-2​
-1​
-2​
-2​
-1​
-2​
4.40​
2​
3F
5.30​
-1.40​
-2​
-1​
-2​
-1​
-2​
-2​
-3​
-3​
-2​
3.90​
3​
2A
3.30​
-0.36​
-1​
0​
-1​
0​
-2​
-1​
-2​
0​
0​
2.94​
4​
FCSp2
2.30​
0.14​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
2.44​
5​
StSq2
2.60​
0.14​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
2.74​
6​
CCoSp4
3.50​
0.21​
0​
0​
-1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
1​
3.71​
7​
LSp4
2.70​
0.93​
1​
1​
2​
2​
2​
2​
2​
2​
2​
3.63​
Program Components
Factor
Skating Skills
0.80​
5.00​
4.25​
4.25​
4.25​
4.25​
4.50​
4.50​
5.25​
5.25​
4.57​
Transitions
0.80​
4.50​
4.00​
4.50​
3.75​
3.75​
4.00​
4.25​
4.50​
4.50​
4.21​
Performance/Execution
0.80​
4.75​
4.00​
4.75​
4.00​
4.25​
4.25​
4.25​
5.00​
4.75​
4.43​
Choreography
0.80​
4.75​
3.75​
4.50​
4.25​
4.00​
4.25​
4.50​
5.00​
5.00​
4.46​
Interpretation
0.80​
4.50​
4.25​
4.25​
4.00​
4.25​
4.50​
4.50​
5.25​
5.25​
4.50​
Judges Total Program Component Score (factored)

2023 Tayside Trophy SP

14th October 2023: Tayside Trophy SP (No Commentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV5gemBSrKI

Aleksandra finished 1st out of 9 in the SP, with a score of 52.72. (Results; Protocols)

Rank
Name
Nation
Starting Number
Total Segment Score
Total Element Score
Total Program Component Score (factored)
Total Deductions
1​
Aleksandra GOLOVKINA
LTU​
9​
52.72​
28.99​
24.73​
-1.00​

#
Executed Elements
Info
Base Value
GOE
J1
J2
J3
J4
J5
J6
J7
J8
J9
Ref
Scores of Panel
1​
3T+2T
5.50​
0.84​
1​
2​
2​
2​
2​
6.34​
2​
2A
F​
3.30​
-1.65​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
1.65​
3​
FCSp4
3.20​
0.96​
3​
2​
3​
3​
3​
4.16​
4​
3Lo
5.39​
x​
0.16​
0​
1​
0​
0​
2​
5.55​
5​
CCoSp4
3.50​
0.70​
3​
2​
2​
2​
2​
4.20​
6​
StSq3
3.30​
0.55​
3​
2​
1​
1​
2​
3.85​
7​
LSp4
2.70​
0.54​
2​
2​
1​
2​
2​
3.24​
Program Components
Factor
Composition
1.33​
7.00​
6.25​
6.25​
5.25​
6.00​
6.17​
Presentation
1.33​
7.00​
6.00​
6.00​
5.50​
5.75​
5.92​
Skating Skills
1.33​
6.50​
6.75​
6.50​
5.50​
6.50​
6.50​
Judges Total Program Component Score (factored)

Deductions:Falls
-1.00​
(1)​
-1.00​

I know it helps that "Clair De Lune" is a beautiful piece of music, and Aleksandra is a beautiful skater. But they're both such beautiful programmes! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Actually, far from retiring, Aleksandra has a hectic schedule at the moment. Because before the Icebeat Winter Trophy next week, she will be competing at the Ephesus Cup in Izmir, Turkey, this week.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 10:30:00 TRT (07:30:00 GMT / 09:30:00 EET). So 1 hour from now.

Aleksandra will be the 2nd skater to start. So, second and middle skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 10:30:00 TRT (07:30:00 GMT / 09:30:00 EET). So 1 hour from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 10:42:20 TRT (07:42:20 GMT / 09:42:20 EET). So 1h 12m from now.

More information in the event thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95828

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALEKSANDRA WON THE SHORT PROGRAMME!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Ephesus Cup Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7BCOih_708

Aleksandra finished 1st out of 7 in the SP, with a score of 56.57.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread about the Warm-Up::

You know, with the less than ideal lighting, it was hard to identify the skaters during the Warm-Up because they were all wearing black! One of them was wearing a black dress, and the other two were wearing black jackets! :drama:

Luckily, two of the skaters had bare legs, so it didn't take long to work out that the one that didn't was Aleksandra. (One occasion where I am thankful for her wearing a jumpsuit!) And then it became easier once Gracheva took off her jacket to reveal her red dress.

Everything she did that was within camera shot was good.

And already it is time for her to skate.

CaroLiza_fan

Lovely combination jump to start. I was worried she was too close to the corner, but there was plenty of space.

Next jump and combination spin were both beautiful.

Hand down to stop a fall on the next jump. Too big too close to the corner.

Combination spin beautiful. As was the rest of the programme.

She got lost coming off the ice. Went to the wrong gate.

Oh. She's on her own.

Awwww. She looks so lonely and forlorn. I just want to go and give her a big hug.

She goes into the lead by 11.19 points.

And you know what - it's her second highest ever SP score!!! Just 0.91 points below her highest from the 2021 Tayside Trophy.

CaroLiza_fan

MORE TO FOLLOW LATER ON

Aleksandra is currently 8.42 points ahead of 2nd position, Anna LEVKOVETS (KAZ), and 9.28 points ahead of 3rd position, Sofiya FARAFONOVA (KAZ).

I don't want to tempt fate, but it's looking good for Aleksandra.

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 10:52:20 TRT (07:52:20 GMT / 09:52:20 EET). So 1 hour from now.

Aleksandra will be the 7nd skater to start. So, fourth and final skater to go in Group 2 (and final skater to go in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 11:21:20 TRT (08:21:20 GMT / 10:21:20 EET). So 1h 29m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 11:50:20 TRT (08:50:20 GMT / 10:50:20 EET). So 1h 58m from now.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALEXANDRA WON THE FREE SKATE AND THE 🥇 GOLD MEDAL!!!

Ephesus Cup Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Ephesus Cup Senior Ladies: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7JvEknoL2k

Aleksandra finished 1st out of 7 in the FS, with a score of 103.66. This meant that she remained in 1st position overall, with a score of 160.23.

OK. I admit defeat today.

All 4 skaters in the Group 2 Warm-Up were wearing black. And the lighting mean't I could make out their faces.

It improved slightly when one of the skaters took off her jacket to reveal a yellow dress ("La La Land", anybody?) But, I still couldn't identify Aleksandra.

Sorry.

CaroLiza_fan

Unfortunately, I had a little disaster just before Aleksandra did her programme, which meant that I watched her delayed:

Gaaah!!!!! The computer crashed as Farafonova was waiting for her scores. So I had to run into the kitchen and put on the laptop.

And by the time I had it all set up, Levkovets had finished.

Since I can't write and watch at the same time in the kitchen, I am going to wait until the desktop re-starts, and then wind back to where I left off, and play catch-up.

CaroLiza_fan

Beautiful combination jump to start with.

Thought she was going to go too far on the second jump, but it turned out beautiful.

Next jump beautiful too. And so were the first two parts of the sequence of jumps that she did immediately afterwards. But, she fell on the third part.

But she quickly made up for it with the combination spin.

Next section went well.

Not a great landing on a jump. But the combination jump and the individual jump that she did shortly afterwards made up for it.

Very weird fall on a spin in the latter stages of the programme.

All spins after that were lovely.

She looked very disappointed after she finished. And it will be all the harder for her since she has nobody with her.

Hang on, Kirill Khaliavin has joined her. And they are chatting away.

Oh what I would give to be a fly on the wall! (That said, they are probably speaking in Russian. So, I wouldn't understand what they were saying anyway! :laugh: )

Despite the mistakes, she wins both the FS and overall by a distance.

And to think that I was convinced that she would retire at Europeans a couple of weeks ago!

CaroLiza_fan

MORE TO FOLLOW

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 7.45 points ahead of 2nd position, Anastasia GRACHEVA (MDA), and 12.46 points ahead of 3rd position, Sofiya FARAFONOVA (KAZ).

Although she had a couple of falls in the Free, Aleksandra absolutely dominated the Senior Ladies field at the Ephesus Cup. Which all bodes well for her return to Kaunas (albeit at a different rink) in a few days time for the Icebeat Winter Cup.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aleksandra was actually entered for two events this week - the Dragon Trophy in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and the Lõunakeskus Trophy in Tartu, Estonia. But, she has opted to go to Estonia.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 17:45:00 EET (15:45:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 2nd skater to start. So, second skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:45:00 EET (15:45:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95836

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lõunakeskus Trophy Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXK83mg4HM0

Aleksandra finished 2nd out of 5 in the SP, with a score of 45.18.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread about the Warm-Up::

Firstly, for those that didn't realise, Aleksandra was entered for both the Dragon Trophy and the Lõunakeskus Trophy this week. But, she opted to go here instead of Estonia. And I am delighted, because it means I am able to watch her! :biggrin:

On the one hand, it was easy to keep track of her during the Warm-Up as she was the only one that was wearing a jumpsuit.

But, on the other hand, there was only a limited area of the rink that was within the camera shot. (I take it the operator was taking a break). So, we didn't get to see much of what she was doing.

Nevertheless, we did see her do a nice jump relatively early on in the Warm-Up.

Anyway, here she is now.

CaroLiza_fan

Ouch. Strange fall on her first element.

Not sure whether she got turned fully on the next jump. But the spin that followed it was beautiful.

Fall on another jump. But the combination spin that followed was beautiful.

Ach, my Dad came in talking in the second half of the programme, so I wasn't able to concentrate properly.

Aleksandra doesn't look too happy waiting for her results. She looks thoroughly scundered, in fact.

There mustn't be a microphone on the camera. I wouldn't have minded hearing what David was saying to her. He was being very animated at the start of the de-brief. He was talking quite a lot while they were sitting there. Aleksandra, on the other hand, was not.

She goes into the lead by 3.57 points, with 3 Estonian girls still to skate.

CaroLiza_fan

MORE TO FOLLOW

Aleksandra is currently 8.84 points behind 1st position, Kristina LISOVSKAJA (EST), and 0.59 points ahead of 3rd position, Karoliine RAUDSEPP (EST). 2.98 points behind Raudsepp is Olesja LEONOVA (EST) in 4th position, 3.57 points behind Aleksandra.

In all honesty, this is a three-way battle for the Silver Medal. Unless Shkuleta-Gromova has a meltdown, nobody is going to catch her. Aleksandra has two Estonians breathing down her neck, wanting to make it an all-Estonian podium. So, she has got to put in a good Free Skate if she wants to not just stay in her 2nd position, but to stay in the podium positions.

So, let's hope she does just that!

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 13:15:00 EET (11:15:00 GMT). So 5 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 4th skater to start. So, fourth and penultimate skater to go in Group 1 (and penultimate skater to go in the segment).

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 13:15:00 EET (11:15:00 GMT). So 5 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lõunakeskus Trophy Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Lõunakeskus Cup Senior Ladies: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZZBNkT08g

Aleksandra finished 2nd out of 5 in the FS, with a score of 96.36. This meant that she remained in 2nd position overall, with a score of 141.54.

Although all of the girls were wearing black during the Warm-Up, it was not actually that hard to identify Aleksandra. One of them was wearing a black bodywarmer over a light blue dress, so that was her out. Another was wearing a white jacket over her black dress, so that was her out.

And of the three remaining skaters who were all wearing black dresses, I was fortunate that I was able to recognise Aleksandra's dress amongst them (she was the only one whose dress had a cut-out at the back).

Unfortunately, because of the camera angle, most of the time we just saw her lining up jumps, and then doing them just out of shot. But the three jumps we did see were beautifully done!

So, let's hope for more like that come the programme.

CaroLiza_fan

Beautiful combination jump to strart.

Fell on the second element. Our view was partially blocked by one of the laptop screens, so I don't know if anything more than her hand touched the ice.

Hand down on third jump.

But the sequence of jumps went well. And so did the combination spin afterwards.

Now a great landing on one of the jumps later on in the programme.

And then she popped the first part of the combination jump she did shortly afterwards. But, she did get the second part attached, so that was something.

Next jump went better.

And the closing section of spins was beautiful.

Yesterday, she was angry with herself. Today, she is disappointed with herself.

David tried to lighten the mood by waving to the camera, and Aleksandra did likewise. But, it didn't succeed in cheering her up.

She goes into the lead. So, she has maintained her position despite the mistakes.

The gap to the leader was too big after the SP anyway, so she has achieved what she could achieve.

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols is interesting. The problems on the second element, the Triple Loop, wasn't called as a fall. Nevertheless, it did get -5 from all of the Judges. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -2.45. And this took it from being the element with the third highest Base Value, to being the third lowest scoring element of the programme.

As I pointed out at the time, the next element, the Triple Toe, had a hand down. And the Judges gave it three -2's; and two -1's. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programe, at -0.70.

Moving to later in the programme, the seventh element, the Triple Flip, was the one that I commented didn't have a great landing. And that was because it was under-rotated. The Judges gave it two -5's; and three -4's. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.84, which took it from being the element with the third highest Base Value, to being the second lowest scoring element.

I commented at the the time that Aleksandra popped the first part of the combination that followed. As a result, it became a Single Lutz-Double Toe. And everything was neutral - the Judges marks and the GOE. Since it had the joint lowest Base Value, it remained as the joint lowest scoring element of the programme.

The element that it was joint lowest was actually the element that followed it, the Double Flip. In this case, Judge 4 gave -1; and Judge 1 gave +1. But they balanced each other out, and everything else was neutral. And because it had the same Base Value as the previous element, it got the same score.

Now for the good things! The opening combination, the Triple Toe-Double Toe, was as good as I thought! It got +2 from all the Judges. It also got the second highest GOE of the programme, at +0.84. And because it had the second highest Base Value, this meant that it remained as the second highest scoring element of the programme.

The highest scoring element was the fourth element, the Triple Flip-Double Axel-Double Axel done in sequence. The officials weren't quite as enthusiastic about it as I had been. The Judges gave it three 0's; and two +1's. And the GOE was the lowest of the positive GOE's, at +0.11. However, it had by far the highest Base Value, so it easily remained as the highest scoring element.

The next couple of elements also went well. The second of them, the Choreographic Sequence, particularly so. It got +1 from two Judges; +2 from two Judges; and +3 from Judge 3. It also got the third highest GOE of the programme, at +0.83.

But it was the final two elements that were her best. The penultimate element, the Layback Spin, got +2 from Judge 2; +3 from three Judges; and +4 from Judge 3. It also got the fourth highest GOE of the programme, at +0.81.

The final element, the Change Foot Combiantion Spin, got +3 from all the Judges. But it also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +1.05, which made it the third highest scoring element of the programme.

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 4.05 points behind 1st position, Kristina LISOVSKAJA (EST), and 28.28 points ahead of 3rd position, Karoliine RAUDSEPP (EST).

Overall, Aleksandra finished 12.89 points behind 1st position, Lisovskaja, and 28.87 points ahead of 3rd position, Raudsepp.

As I said after the Short, nobody was going to catch Shkuleta-Gromova for the win. Although none of the skaters had the best of skates, the Base Values of Kristina and Aleksandra's FS programmes meant that they were always going to pull out a massive gap over the rest of the field. Unfortunately for Aleksandra, because the Base Value of Kristina's FS programme was nearly 7 points more than her FS programme, it meant that the most likely outcome would be that the two of them would remain in the same positions. And that is what happened.

Aleksandra really is having a good run of results at the moment. I am so glad she didn't call it a day at Europeans.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aleksandra will be back in action today at the Bellu Memorial in Bucharest, Romania.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 16:12:00 EET (14:12:00 GMT / 17:12:00 MSK). So 8 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 13th skater and final to start. So, fifth and final skater to go in Group 3 (and final skater to go in the segment).

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:19:00 EET (15:19:00 GMT / 18:19:00 MSK). So 8h 7m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 17:47:30 EET (15:47:30 GMT / 18:47:30 MSK). So 8h 35m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95839

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bellu Memorial Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Aleksandra finished 3rd out of 13 in the SP, with a score of 55.59.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Bellu Memorial.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Aleksandra is currently 1.53 points behind 2nd position, Kristen SPOURS (GBR), and 5.49 points ahead of 4th position, Jade HOVINE (BEL). Hovine is at the head of a group of 3 skaters covered by 0.97 points, stretching down to Elizabet GERVITS (ISR) in 6th position, 6.46 points behind Aleksandra.

The leader, Ema DOBOSZOVA (SVK) is 2.29 points ahead of Hovine and 3.82 points ahead of Aleksandra.

Barring disasters, the Top 3 will reamin as the Top 3. But, the order is not set in stone. If she has a good skate, Aleksandra could still win this.

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start at 16:15:00 EET (14:15:00 GMT / 17:15:00 MSK). So 8 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 11th skater to start. So, third and middle skater to go in Group 3.

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:40:40 EET (15:40:40 GMT / 18:40:40 MSK). So 9h 25m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 18:02:50 EET (16:02:50 GMT / 19:02:50 MSK). So 9h 47m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95839

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bellu Memorial Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Bellu Memorial Senior Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Aleksandra finished 5th out of 13 in the FS, with a score of 94.56. This meant that she dropped to 4th position overall, with a score of 150.15.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Bellu Memorial.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 2.69 points behind 4th position, Elizabet GERVITS (ISR), and 6.63 points ahead of 6th position, Michaela VRAŠŤÁKOVÁ (CZE).

Overall, Aleksandra finished 5.59 points behind 3rd position, Nina POVEY (GBR), and 3.77 points ahead of 5th position, Gervits.

Unfortunately, it was those two jumps in the middle that did it for Aleksandra's chances of getting onto the podium.

CaroLiza_fan