Alena Kostornaia | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I wonder if the new EX means she has been booked for any shows this spring? I know it’s not common for juniors to book shows but she has a large fan base so hopefully she will appear in a few Japanese shows in the off season ��

I guess all of 3A will participate in shows in spring/summer

Batsuchan

Medalist
One would suppose Kostornaya herself has a big say in the choice of her EX program, she seems like an obedient person when needed in her sport, but not one that likes to be dominated and bright, determined and experienced enough to make her own decisions.
So her choice of music and character would be interesting and perhaps give some insight into her personality.

So I guess Alyona is telling us that she is beautiful and deadly? Sounds about right! :biggrin:

I honestly can't wait to see Alyona the vampire!! Very excited! :hap57:

And I hope she does get to participate in some shows over the summer! :yes:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
While rewatching awesome Alyona's videos I've noticed ISU JGP channel removed all the comments to any video (I mean not only Alyona's).

SkateSkates

Medalist
While rewatching asome Alyona's videos I've noticed ISU JGP channel removed all the comments to any video (I mean not only Alyona's).

It’s too bad as there were a lot of positive comments from fans around the world but probably for the best as these are minors and there were crazy racist and offensive comments on a lot of the videos. Luckily Alena is pretty universally loved so she didn’t have too many bad comments but some of the other skaters were not so lucky.

Anyway, here is an edit I made of our angel for your Monday 😇 https://twitter.com/skateskates1/status/1100028744612397058?s=21

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
While rewatching asome Alyona's videos I've noticed ISU JGP channel removed all the comments to any video (I mean not only Alyona's).

And most of the other videos from that included footage from ISU events got taken down as well, often along with their channel. It is unauthorised re-use, of course, and some of those channel do not shy away from blatant plagiate too.

While we do no like to have the fan videos made with the best and pure intentions being taken down, ISU needs to protect its brand and like other posters wrote, the junior skaters are minors and need to be protected from online harassment and worse.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I REALLY hope that Alena debuts as a senior with her SP. It is a masterpiece. Definitely replace R/J. But this SP should be seen in seniors for one more season. She's ethereal. Just an amazing connection of a skater with the choreography and the music. (Which is weird because on first viewing earlier this season, I just wasn't 'getting' it. Now I do!)

randomfan

Record Breaker
I REALLY hope that Alena debuts as a senior with her SP. It is a masterpiece. Definitely replace R/J. But this SP should be seen in seniors for one more season. She's ethereal. Just an amazing connection of a skater with the choreography and the music. (Which is weird because on first viewing earlier this season, I just wasn't 'getting' it. Now I do!)

Interesting, because I thought the same, except that it should rather be her last season’s SP (Adios Nonino). The precise musical connection demonstrated in that program was underrated, and I think skating it in seniors would give that program the credit it deserves.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Interesting, because I thought the same, except that it should rather be her last season’s SP (Adios Nonino). The precise musical connection demonstrated in that program was underrated, and I think skating it in seniors would give that program the credit it deserves.

I hope for 2 new programs next year but would love to see her visit both adios noninos and departure/November in a few years. Imagine how amazing these programs would be at age 18

malya

On the Ice
We all agree her SP were amazing! I'm hoping she keeps the angel wings.

She makes her FP work but Romeo and Juliet is not for me.

malya

On the Ice
She probably keeps her vampire ex for her senior debut so we can see if she will have a program we like next season soooon ^^

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think maybe alena will be one of the few that will get better scores internationally than at home ... because in russia TES = PCS ... internationally that isn't the case ... with their consistency and the way she skates + 5 will be in her way ... like a jason in men's skating... trusova even with quads won't get this kind of PCs

And I think it's smart from her ... with her PCs... if she can get the jump perfect 100 % of the time why loose PCS in trying ... but with her jumps .. I think it's a matter of time the 3A or 4

Great observations..Thank you!! Over time, TES leaves but PCS stays forever. ..

Arbitrary

Medalist
Trusova is a new Bonaly. She will never receive good points to win a Major, especially PCS.

Kostornaya is more lucky, her programs more balanced and she doesn't jump over the head.