Alena Kostornaia | Page 115 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Good to read Kostornaya takes her education and academics seriously.

She’ll have to sit lots of end of year exams?

I am not too familiar with the Russian school system.

zounger

Medalist
Good to read Kostornaya takes her education and academics seriously.

She’ll have to sit lots of end of year exams?

I am not too familiar with the Russian school system.

I think she is giving the so called "Basic State Exam", for 9th grade. She probably will give exams on Mathematics, Russian, Biology and Chemistry, within the next 7 days. Some Russian member can give more information I guess.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Translation of an interview with Alena by @TheAnnaWatson on twitter:
https://twitter.com/theannawatson/status/1120280057560403968?s=21

It seems the FSO user was right - fractured fibula and they were trying to make it through junior worlds, just withdrawing at the last minute. I really hope she is fully recovered if she is back to training full strength and the new boots do not have the same issues as the old ones.

Here's the full interview video in case you want to see our beautiful Alyona and listen to her adorable voice. :luv17:
https://youtu.be/OsOuB0D4Dyk

I can't believe she did Jr Nats with a stress fracture! :drama: Poor baby! :sad21:

I really hope her injury is healed now!! :bow:

On her ask.fm, it said that her new boots are the most comfortable boots she's ever had and that it didn't take long to break them in--but I don't know if she really wrote that or not... :confused: Some things turned out to be true--like the fact that Eteri suggested the vampire EX after seeing Alyona's makeup at Jr Nats--but other things were not correct (like Alyona not being allowed to jump in Champions on Ice). So I'm not sure...I really hope it's true though and that her new Pianos work perfectly for her and don't cause any inflammation. :yes:

Batsuchan

Medalist

Thank you for this video! Eteri looks very happy with Alyona's performance, which is great to see! :biggrin:

But, I noticed...

Alyona went from flinging her jacket at Eteri...
https://66.media.tumblr.com/44a1da6e202530949c0d2ea84fe3a611/tumblr_pk2c9mjH9a1tl4vxt_500.jpg

...to using her as a cape rack...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwkHOKInZf0/

...and making Eteri hold her phone:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwjPiBzHJSY/ (see the end of the video)

I didn't realize Eteri is also a closet!! :laugh2: :laugh2:

I expect nothing less from our little devil! ;) :rofl:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Rewatched the Twilight EX from Tutberidze's Champions on Ice again with probably the most anticipated exhibition routine from this season ;-)

It is a masterpiece in which Alyona herself put so much effort and conviction and no doubt lots of personal input in costume, makeup and choreography. But she was held back a little by the still ongoing recovery from the stress fracture.

How will it look with Alyona at full strength again? Hopefully we'll find out in some event like Grand Prix qualification?

SkateSkates

Medalist
Rewatched the Twilight EX from Tutberidze's Champions on Ice again with probably the most anticipated exhibition routine from this season ;-)

It is a masterpiece in which Alyona herself put so much effort and conviction and no doubt lots of personal input in costume, makeup and choreography. But she was held back a little by the still ongoing recovery from the stress fracture.

How will it look with Alyona at full strength again? Hopefully we'll find out in some event like Grand Prix qualification?

Really hope we’ll see it again as well! Especially because there were some parts she was clearly looking directly at a camera but was being filmed from another angle. I want to see it from the camera she was looking into!

I wonder if she will be invited to any shows during the off season? It would be good for her to have more performances under pressure when she’s fully recovered and can skate at full strength. Considering she was only back for 2 weeks and jumping for less than that it was understandable she was a bit tentative, but her Salchow looks rock solid. Hopefully she gets her timing back soon - I’m sure everything is fine in practice but doing it under the lights is different, especially when you don’t have the training to back you up.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Really hope we’ll see it again as well! Especially because there were some parts she was clearly looking directly at a camera but was being filmed from another angle. I want to see it from the camera she was looking into!

I wonder if she will be invited to any shows during the off season? It would be good for her to have more performances under pressure when she’s fully recovered and can skate at full strength. Considering she was only back for 2 weeks and jumping for less than that it was understandable she was a bit tentative, but her Salchow looks rock solid. Hopefully she gets her timing back soon - I’m sure everything is fine in practice but doing it under the lights is different, especially when you don’t have the training to back you up.

Noticed that too. She didn't perform her new EX the second day, so this has been its only performance. Gleikhengauz announced it was a world premiere :)

Usually, these shows are sort of pre-programmed into the producer's camera direction system, so the best moments are captured by the right camera in close up etc. Perhaps there haven't been that many run-throughs with Alyona because she was still tentative about jumping with full amplitude? So the producer couldn't get everything just right for the live broadcast? There were at least 6 camera's in use in this fully fledged production and rehearsal time was probably very limited at best. Full marks to 1TV.ru

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

It is a masterpiece in which Alyona herself put so much effort and conviction and no doubt lots of personal input in costume, makeup and choreography. But she was held back a little by the still ongoing recovery from the stress fracture

The "hunting scene" is rather convincing! :scard7:

Batsuchan

Medalist
So Alyona Kanysheva did a little interview last week, and she said that Alyona Kostornaia is one of her best friends (in general) and her best friend in Eteri's team! How cute! :love:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwZ7AZJH_zH/

Alyona the snow maiden also seems like an outgoing, high-spirited person, and I can just imagine the two Alyona's chit-chatting away all day long and getting up to all kinds of mischief... ;) :biggrin:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kostorka and Kani, how to keep them apart?