Alena Kostornaia | Page 132 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

SkateSkates

Medalist
Happy Birthday Aliona!!! :cheer: Thank you for your beautiful skating and all the luck and health for your senior debut. :)

Carolina Kostner sent her birthday wishes to Aliona! This makes me absurdly happy and I think Aliona too. Didn’t she mention Carolina as one of her role models once? She posted it on her story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1jRnnPo_gB/?igshid=13mgzypujz3u9

Yes, she’s mentioned Carolina as one of her favorite skaters (also Shoma and Javier) so I believe her fan group contacted Carolina on Social media to send her a happy birthday message. So sweet and a great role model to look up to! The queen of skating skills congratulating the future queen of skating skills 😍

Timo T

Rinkside
A fragment from Darya Pavlyuchenko and Denis Khodykin interview in "Figurka with Emma Gajiyeva".
https://youtu.be/qCA83NkF_uo?t=2606

Emma: You have a wonderful hobby, you loves horses.
Darya: I didn’t ride so much, maybe 2 or 3 times. I’m just friends with Alena Kostornaia, and she loves horses very much. And I have another friend, Vika Kravchenko. And everytime I meet them I hear only "horses, horses, horses, horses, horses, horses"! So one day I said: "OK, let's go for your horses".
:laugh:

SkateSkates

Medalist
I really hope she gets Finlandia. It’s too bad she’s not on the Nebelhorn list because if is able to recover to her junior nationals form she would win easily. Maybe she can be added closer to the event. She is lacking WR points due to missing JWC last season, so it would be nice for her to have 2 assignments before the GP (assuming she is recovered). It seems to take her a couple of events to warm up at the beginning of the season - last year she was a bit shaky at her JGPs but came on strong at COR stage 4 in early November. Or perhaps she will get a domestic cup of russia stage as a warm up? I’m sure this is more convenient but would be nice if she could get a regular senior B in addition to a challenger to earn more ranking points.

I was hoping channel 1 would take advantage of the timing of her birthday and release their feature on her, but I guess we will have to wait a little longer.

Azikin

Medalist
Well I was hoping for Bratislava but now I don't care. Important is to be healthy and well prepared for GP..

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I was just rewatching Alena's Linz performance from last year, and I have to say, each time I watch her I am reminded of how special she is. I am so excited to see her skate again next weekend!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alyona more beautiful than ever ...

Pro photos from a model shoot? https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hbwU4JIOQ/ Girl vampire, much like the girl in the swedish original movie "Let the Right One In"

She and her friend Dar'ya Pavlyuchenko are both very pretty teenagers, model quality really. Every girl's fashion magazine would love their clothing begin promoted by these girls :)

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alyona kills me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Life Safety Fundamentals was the only class that she didn't get a 5 in last year.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Leave it to Aliona to troll her teacher on national tv 😂 glad she and the girls seem to be having fun together.

Also, noticed she doesn’t seem to have grown much this summer - Sasha and Anna are almost even with Alina now, and Aliona is much shorter when they are all standing up at the end of the program. Hopefully this bodes well for her jumps and she already dealt with the biggest re-adjustments last season. I guess we will find out in just 5 days!! Can’t wait for test skates.

Speaking of test skates, anyone know when the ladies will be skating on sept 7-8? Will the broadcasts be at the same time as they were for the juniors?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alyona is a straight A student? And probably in class as naughty as she can be in Khrustalniy?

One would assume at 16, Alyona's growth plates have closed. So she will not grow taller and remain short and squeaky ;-)

Hopefully there will be pre Test Skates features on her and the other Sambo-70 skaters soon, and of greater length and content of interest than what was shown today.