Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim tie the knot | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim tie the knot

deedee1

Record Breaker
:hb: Best wishes to both of them every happiness and all the good things in life! :hb:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to the happy couple! From their TSL interviews - they seem to be a good match, on and off the ice. Wish them the best this upcoming season!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Worth waiting for these: gorgeous photo + heart-melting sentiment. I needed my hanky.

@Scimeca_Knierim
Blessed to have married my soul mate. ❤️ ��@hansrosemond
10:51 AM - 28 Jun 2016
https://twitter.com/Scimeca_Knierim/status/747849981705412608

ETA, lest anyone wonder:
@hansrosemond is the photographer. The generic rectangle above is supposed to be a camera emoji, but it does not show up in my copying and pasting here on GS, although the heart emoji does.​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
There is an article about the wedding on the Ice Network page:
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2016/06/28/186688092

The accompanying photo is wonderful too.

The article includes some bkgd re Dalilah's officiating. For those interested in that aspect:
Dalilah Sappenfield, who has coached and trained the pair since bringing the duo together in 2012, officiated the wedding. Scimeca and Knierim asked Sappenfield to do the honors with a "proposal," giving her a cake with "Will you marry us?" written on top. Sappenfield's son, Larry Ibarra, who also coaches the pair, was the "flower girl," walking down the aisle scattering rose petals before the bride.

ETA:
No biggie, but a little odd/surprising that the article says the couple's dogs were represented among the cake decorations ... but makes no mention whatsoever of their cats.​

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
ETA:
No biggie, but a little odd/surprising that the article says the couple's dogs were represented among the cake decorations ... but makes no mention whatsoever of their cats.​

Um, yeah.......WHAT ABOUT THE CATS!!!!!! :laugh:

What a gorgeous wedding - congrats to the Scimeca (do we know if she is changing her last name?)/Knierim families! :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Isn't it amazing how the bride on groom on their wedding day just look extra beautiful and special as it should be they just radiate a wonderful happy and gorgeous glow. Yay for them. As for the issue about the dogs and cats weddings are a minefield for disasters and hurt feelings. The bride and groom are always right about their choice BUT a big BUT they have to look with the consequences of hurt feelings, snubs etc. In fairness to the bride and groom you never know what might set someone off. Maybe you were in their wedding party and you didn't ask them to be in yours. So and so thought they were closer and should be in the wedding party. So and so got thanked. The people in the wedding party is usually the biggest issue as now a days you have a lot of people helping = most don't have the money or hire a wedding coordinator so someone is runing the ceremony and banquet, a decor team, a flower team, a transport the decor, gifts from one venue to the next, mcs, registry, set up team, AV team diy dj, The truth is the wedding party has a cushy job minus buying their outfits. They usually get all the glory after the b and g but all the helpers and others really are the true friends doing the dirty work or at least some may argue. As a wedding director/planner coordinator I see so many people hurt and it is hard to know what will set people off and what is logical to some isn't logical to others. At a very religious wedding the b and g took photos with their gaming friends but not their bible study. one groomsmen picked his new boss and co worker over his close friends and roommates who then made jokes about it during the open mic = which clearly weren't jokes by the tenth minute of speaking - worse the groom sent an email afterwards explaining saying who was in the running and why they weren't pick - most were well Bobyou are 10 years older than me and live so far away and will die faster to Jerry you are too busy with your wife and kids now. My two co workers i will see every day. oh he's a pastor now. Weddings truly about the bride and groom, Chris and Alexa - not lol!!!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, now I know I have waaaay too much time on my hands, but....

according to Alexa, cats Scarlet and Muffy were at least intended to be on the cake topper:

Is there any new news regarding your June 26 wedding day plans?
Scimeca: “We got a new dog, so we have to get a new cake topper because our original cake topper only had three pets and now we need four.” Scimeca said.

http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.c...challenge-cup-with-red-carpet-captains-party/

As it should be!:hap85:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adam + Ashley + Madi Chock + Evan Bates + Max Aaron = good-looking bunch of "Wedding Pals" / "Forever Friends:"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHNljoWDNIK/ (posted Jun 28 by adaripp)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHN4odvjWA8/ (reposted by ashwagner2010)​

OK, now I know I have waaaay too much time on my hands, but....

according to Alexa, cats Scarlet and Muffy were at least intended to be on the cake topper:

Scimeca: “We got a new dog, so we have to get a new cake topper because our original cake topper only had three pets and now we need four.” Scimeca said.

http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.c...challenge-cup-with-red-carpet-captains-party/

Then I hope that the cake topper really did have Scarlet and Muffy along with the dogs (Cami and ?? [I forget the other name]) -- and that it was just a weird faux "paw" :rofl: that the article neglected to mention the cats??

ETA, following up on the IN article, @SarahandDrew tweeted two additional photos on Tuesday:

More pics, courtesy of the bride and groom - Dalilah Sappenfield married them.
11:37 AM - 28 Jun 2016
https://twitter.com/SarahandDrew/status/747861563944607744
(in the foreground, the newlyweds are walking down the aisle after leaving the altar, which is visible in the bkgd with Dalilah still there)​

And here's one of the moment they joined together a boot and blade to symbolize their union.

ETA (on Jun 29):
More wedding photos and a wedding journal from Alexa are coming soon! -- per the couple's official website.

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
Congratulations and best wishes to them! :dance:

And may I also say that it's great to see a female figure skater, and especially a pairs female figure skater, with a beautiful, feminine figure!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Just noticed that TSL later added this one against the banister with Chris in his vest (without jacket):

ETA, @alexascimeca's pre-wedding Instagrams:

When you're excited about becoming a bride so you wear your play crown and veil everywhere! ���� #4days
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG-srBoHdAf/ :)laugh: cute mini-video posted Jun 22)​

Wedding nails done! ✔️����
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHBLgv3B_pU/ (at the salon in her TCC t-shirt; posted Jun 23)​

ETA:

Earlier I could not recall Alexa and Chris' second doggie's name ... could remember only that it was an automobile reference (as is Cami, I believe).
Have refreshed my memory that it is Diesel. https://www.instagram.com/p/BD6baz5HdIS/
Please forgive my poor memory, Diesel.

Just for grins, my favorite photo of Cami: https://twitter.com/ChrisKnierim/status/712753152781516800

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
"Alexa Scimeca Knierim" is how USFS referred to her today re the new GP assignments.
Hat tip to StitchMonkey for noticing.

Kyu Eun Kim's photo of herself and other wedding guests:

Includes (among others): Jacob Simon, Max Settlage, Alex Kam, Drew Meekins, Maddie Aaron, Lindsay Weinstein.

(Sorry that I cannot put names to some faces.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Alexa has made name changes on her Instagram account. (She used to be @alexascimeca on Instagram.)

The new URL: https://www.instagram.com/alexa_knierim/

Her new Instagram bio line: "Alexa Knierim Grit and sass_be badass ��"​

And ... Alexa and Chris already are back on the ice, per her photo posted on Jul 1. (I wonder whether they have taken any honeymoon at all??)

Plus Alexa has a snazzy new hairstyle. She got a major cut :cool:.

ETA:
I think the photo on the right of Maddie Aaron's Instagram is from the wedding. (Max is wearing the same suit as in another Alexa/Chris wedding photo.) This photo is the first one that really shows Maddie's pretty dress and hair for the wedding.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Um, yeah.......WHAT ABOUT THE CATS!!!!!! :laugh: ...

I saw that and was highly upset...

... according to Alexa, cats Scarlet and Muffy were at least intended to be on the cake topper:

At long last, mystery solved :laugh: re the absence of the cats from IN's article about the wedding of Alexa and Chris.

Now we can rest assured :) that Scarlet and Muffy indeed were represented in the cake-topper, along with Cami and Diesel.

The cover story of the Aug-Sep issue of Skating magazine has a photo of the cake-topper, as well as other good details re the wedding's emphasis on all four pets.
- Four specialty drinks were served at the reception. Each was named in honor of one of the pets, and reflected the pet's personality.
- Dog-bone shaped cookies and cat cookies were given to guests to take home.
- The couple requested donations to a local animal shelter and also to the USFS Memorial Fund.​

The larger topic of skaters and their pets (including Mirai :luv17: and her dogs :luv17:) is a theme of the entire issue of the magazine :cool:.
For the discussion in particular of the Alexa/Chris wedding, see esp. pages 21 and 22 of the magazine.​

I enjoyed also all the additional (non-wedding) stuff about Alexa/Chris and their pets, as well as the coverage of lots of other skaters and their pets.
(Also of USFS staff and their pets.)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At long last, mystery solved :laugh: re the absence of the cats from IN's article about the wedding of Alexa and Chris.

Now we can rest assured :) that Scarlet and Muffy indeed were represented in the cake-topper, along with Cami and Diesel.

The cover story of the Aug-Sep issue of Skating magazine has a photo of the cake-topper, as well as other good details re the wedding's emphasis on all four pets.
- Four specialty drinks were served at the reception. Each was named in honor of one of the pets, and reflected the pet's personality.
- Dog-bone shaped cookies and cat cookies were given to guests to take home.
- The couple requested donations to a local animal shelter and also to the USFS Memorial Fund.​

The larger topic of skaters and their pets (including Mirai :luv17: and her dogs :luv17:) is a theme of the entire issue of the magazine :cool:.
For the discussion in particular of the Alexa/Chris wedding, see esp. pages 21 and 22 of the magazine.​

I enjoyed also all the additional (non-wedding) stuff about Alexa/Chris and their pets, as well as the coverage of lots of other skaters and their pets.
(Also of USFS staff and their pets.)

This is Adorable, with a capital A! I had no idea that both Cami and Diesel were such big doggies, they probably outweigh Alexa!:laugh: And they requested donations to a shelter....
Love Alexa and Chris even more now :love:,

and all the other skaters, (and staff) and their furry friends!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More wedding-related bits:

- "Alexa ScimecaKnierim" now is the name on her Twitter account. The change is new within the last few days, AFAIK.

- Pretty sure that this photo is from the wedding, athough it was posted much more recently. (Previous wedding photos show some of the guests in the same outfits.)
Ryan Bradley is in this one, along with Max Aaron, Evan Bates, Madi Chock, Ashley W, and Adam.

- I have been meaning to come back and identify more of the Team Dalilah skaters in guest photos already posted in this thread.
Ainsley Peterson (in a flowered dress) is in the front row of Kyu Eun's Instagram.
Ainsley's pair partner Kristofer Ogren is behind Kyu Eun.
Kate Finster is in btwn Jacob Simon and Ainsley.

- A new addition to this thread is Kate's Instagram showing her at the wedding with her pair partner Brandon Kozlowski (with Kristofer photobombing):

Last edited: