Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Right! Bad enough but at least, they are not retiring!
I’m so gutted to not be seeing them especially as I’m attending Worlds this year 😭😭😭 However, I completely agree - at least they are not retiring. They’ve really pushed themselves this year and you can tell they really want to be on the World podium so I’m really excited to see how things shape up in the next quad (and hopefully Russia is allowed to compete again and Ukraine is safe and free by then).

peepsquick

Final Flight
I’m so gutted to not be seeing them especially as I’m attending Worlds this year 😭😭😭 However, I completely agree - at least they are not retiring. They’ve really pushed themselves this year and you can tell they really want to be on the World podium so I’m really excited to see how things shape up in the next quad (and hopefully Russia is allowed to compete again and Ukraine is safe and free by then).
You are so lucky to be able to go ! Please, lend us your eyes during Worlds ...:pray:

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Such a shame we are not going to see them again for a long time.I really think their time at the very top was coming after retirements.:(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

New programs for Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin will be delivered by two-time world champion Maxim Stavisky. "This year we would like to connect Maxim Stavisky, we would really like to work with him. Since we have a large team today, I think that everyone will make some contribution. We told him what we wanted to do, we gave him some tunes, but he got caught. One message hit it, we liked it, "Stepanova said in the podcast "Go skate". "He suggested the music. You know this music for sure, " Bukin added.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Russian figure skaters Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin told how they react to insufficiently high scores at competitions. "I can start impulsively saying something about various things, whether it concerns a certain start or our current problems. But at the moment, we have probably slightly outgrown all these experiences, we clearly understand where we are going, the story we want to make. I think it concerns us less now. If something is wrong somewhere, we go and work twice as hard on this element, trying to correct all the mistakes that come up in competitions. We are as determined as possible to ride in a way that is not discussed. It used to concern us, we were worried, after all, this is such a moment, you are really working, but here something is wrong, it seems that you did it, not every judge can explain why it is so set, but for the most part, returning home, we continued to work, improve, tried everything We should do everything possible to correct ourselves, " Bukin said. "We were angry, but we didn't throw our skates. Some kind of psychosis, it was, perhaps, verbally, we could sit with Vanya in the room and reprimand very emotionally, but alone there was no psychosis. We'll talk about something right away, like some kind of hot wound, we'll express everything. Thoughtless actions, such as not coming to training, there was no such despair, we still returned, " Stepanova added