Alexandra Trusova | Page 217 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The texts say that these new videos are from Beijing (2023)

“The Nutcracker” show (Alexandra Trusova)

“The Swan Lake” show (Alexandra Trusova)

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
The texts say that these new videos are from Beijing (2023)

“The Nutcracker” show (Alexandra Trusova)

“The Swan Lake” show (Alexandra Trusova)
If only there were full recordings of Plushenko's ice shows.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
It seems I accidentally found one full recording of Evgeni’s show
(if this link works for everyone)
According to the text this is March 2023

YES! Thanks so much.

I really hope this has the performance where Muravieva is wearing that black dress I saw in a small clip recently. But regardless, this is gold!

Azikin

Medalist
W9liuNEmif0.jpg

Skuratov

On the Ice
Masha (a frecuent user of this forum) made this video promo for Sasha's visit to Mexico.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
When I see Sasha's new wonderful programs for exhibitions, I enjoy the beauty. And I'm sad at the same time. Because for me Sasha personifies pure sport. Therefore, the sadness will not go away until she goes on the competitive ice again.

fourletterx

Spectator
I want to watch the the Men Free Skating stream that Alexandra Trusova commentated for on Okko.tv but I'm in Canada and Okko isnt available here. I tried using a VPN and that did in fact work but my card didn't when I tried to pay for a subscription unfortunately.

Is there any other way I can watch it? Is there anyone that has a subscription that could just maybe download the stream and send it to me? They said on a tele channel that Alexandra is gonna be asked some questions from the comment section and thats the main thing I want, I just want to know what she was asked and what her answers were.

Last edited:

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
Mini-interview with Alexandra Trusova (fragment of a longer video with many participants).

(from 9:47)

Do you remember your first competition?

-I remember a little, because it was very unusual. We all had the same program. For six months we were prepared for the competition and all the children were given the same program to the same music. The trainer stood in front of us and showed us the movements so that we could not forget it. And [while skating] she stood behind the side and showed us these movements, and we repeated - this is how we performed this program. I took fourth place there - I remember it very well and accurately. Then I got a white dress like the Snow Maiden’s - it was the audience award, so they gave it to me [for this competition].

Tell us about your first individual program.

- In general, I really loved the “elements” [part of the competition, mandatory for younger skaters], I like to separate jumping and skating...

(title appears on the screen: Moscow Championship, January 2014)

-The first time I wasn’t old enough [for the entire competition], so I only performed the “elements.” Just before this, I learned how to do a double axel, made two attempts, and both of them were successful. It was a very big victory for me, but due to the fact that everyone there was older than me, I could not advance to the next stage of the tournament. To advance further, you had to take at least 24th place, and I took 28th. The next year I already became second. I remember this, but not very well.

What program do you like to perform the most?

- “Elements”. There is a Moscow championship, a Russian championship for younger children, and there is an additional part of the competition - these are “elements”. And before, in order to get into the short and free program, we first had to perform these “elements”. Out of a large number of girls, 24 could participate in the short program. Now, as far as I know, everything do the other way around: first a short program, based on the results of which the skaters are selected, then the “elements” and after all this - the free program. When performing “elements,” the skater has two attempts to make a solo jump and two attempts to make a cascade. Points are counted for the best cascade and for the best jump. The athlete is given one attempt to complete the sequence of steps and spin. In this case, the sequence of steps is the same for all skaters; it consists of the same steps. The skater is given the right to choose the music for the step sequence and perform any set of spins. You can also choose your own costume.

Do you remember the first competition you won?

-Probably not. There were a lot of competitions in my childhood. Mom was just looking for any tournaments that were available. I applied to participate in each one. We traveled from Ryazan to different cities. And it didn’t matter how far it was, we just got in the car and drove. That's why I don't remember where I won. I remember that after that fourth place I took, I competed at some tournament in Ryazan, and at that time I already had my own program. At that tournament I came third. I don’t remember my other results.

Do you remember how you celebrated your prizes?

-I can say that my dad always gave me prize money [money] if I was in the top three. For first place - one amount, for second or third place - another amount. Receiving this money from a very young age, I was able to save money to purchase my first iPhone. It was an iPhone 4.

Tell us about your first international competition.

-My first international competition took place in Australia, in Brisbane (August 2017). This was the first stage of the Grand Prix for juniors. It was a very long flight. It was very difficult for me. It took us 24 hours to fly to Australia, and 27 hours to fly back. In addition, there was a big time difference. That’s why I didn’t sleep at all before the short program. And you had to get up very early to go on the ice. Because of this, I was very worried about the short program. Before the free program, I was already a little more calm. I also jumped my first 4S there - it turned out to be a quarter under-rotated. But it was very important for me that I went to my first international competition and did a quad.

Do you prefer performing in front of a large number of spectators, or when there are none?

-Yes, it’s much better with more spectators. You feel this support. I really like it when all the seats are occupied. And the larger the ice palace, the better. It's important for me.

Do you hear applause while performing jumps?

-Yes, but I don’t pay much attention to it. I like it better when it happens during a six-minute warm-up. At these moments, I hear especially well how they support me. I drive along the side and the hall explodes with applause. This is really cool. It's cool, and you hear it, and you're very pleased. And during the performance - I can't say that I can hear very well how loud the applause was or maybe it wasn't - I never pay attention to it. The last moment when I listen to the applause is when I get into the starting position. At this moment there is silence, isolated screams are heard - this is what I still hear and pay attention to. I can’t say whether this bothers me or not (I was asked this question often) - but this is the last thing I hear, and next only after the skate.

Tell us about your first international competition, which took place even before you became a junior.

-There was also a tournament in Tallinn, much earlier. I competed there as a novice, not a junior. At that moment I was already jumping the 3+3 cascade, although unstable. But when we got there, they told us that novices couldn’t do 3+3 cascades, so we did 3+2. All this was removed from my skating. As a result, after the short program I found myself far from the first places. In the free program I didn’t get a clean skate, but overall everything worked out better, and I took second place.

Do you find it more difficult to execute a program with simplified content?

-Yes, I don’t know how to perform easy elements if I have already performed difficult ones.

Did you have a lot of emotions when you were able to perform 4T and 4S cleanly in one program?

-Probably yes, but by that time in training I had already done it cleanly many times. During the month of training, I made a mistake once or twice. I assumed that I could make a mistake on one quad and perform the second cleanly. But, of course, I was very glad that both jumps were successful. Only later did I come to the realization that I was the first in the world who succeeded - the first successful 4T, the first two successful quads. Of course, it was incredibly pleasant. Then they asked me what feelings I experienced, but I had no other feelings besides joy and happiness.

Which competition do you remember most of all?

-The World Championships, where I performed two quads [probably Sasha is talking about the 2018 Junior World Championships]. Still, it was the most remarkable moment of my life. I arrived there very well prepared - even taking into account the fact that all our coaches were at the Olympics at that time. Only Sergei Rozanov was with me. The guys from our group helped me with some things. They told me something because I was training two quads. This was difficult for a girl at that time; no one did this. And not all boys had it either. And whichever of them succeeded, they helped me and told me what I needed to do. Well, I came very well prepared. And when the first training took place... It was at the training rink, and there you need to tell them what kind of music you need - and when it’s your turn, you perform your program. And this skating rink was somehow old, it was very cold there. And when I started my program, when I entered 4S (this was the first element), the lighting suddenly turned off completely. But there were no windows there and it was so dark that I couldn’t see anything. And at that moment, when I had to break away from the ice, Sergei Viktorovich shouted to me: “Stop!” Thank God I didn’t start entering this quad, otherwise a very dangerous situation would have arisen. After some time, the lights were turned on and my music was started from the beginning. But it was very scary. And before the free program I got sick, and when I went on the ice, I was very cold. And when I finished the program, we were also sent for a doping test, where we had to spend some more time. As a result, the next day it was very difficult for me. But there was also a gala held there, and I was already very sick.

How did you perform your first 4Lz at international competitions?

-I can tell you that at that time I was also very seriously ill. A month before this stage, I was very sick, and at that moment I barely ate anything. It seems my weight was two kilograms less than the optimal weight for jumping. At that age, this difference was very big for me. I almost didn’t perform my programs [in training] because I wasn’t able to do it, I didn’t have the strength. Only once in a month did I manage to completely complete the short program and once the free program. I was told that I could go to the competition with one quad or two - whatever I wanted, and I could choose either a lutz or a toeloop. But I didn’t know what to choose, because I didn’t have the strength to do any jump. I was offered not to do quads at all, but I chose 4Lz because I really wanted to become the first woman to perform such a jump. I decided to leave only this quad in the program. Well, thank God, everything turned out exactly the way I wanted.

How did your records get recorded in the Guinness Book?

-For each of my records a certificate was issued. But it wasn't automatic - you had to apply for your record. They enter this record in a book and send a certificate. Yes, I have three such documents.

Is there a difference for you between junior and senior competitions?

-There are probably three differences: firstly, there are more spectators at senor competitions. Secondly, there is some kind of inner feeling that this is an senior tournament, and this, of course, I like better. I always liked competing in senior competitions [than juniors]. Already when my second junior season arrived, I really wanted to move on to senior competitions and compete there.

Tell us about your first [senior] Russian championship.

-The first time I took part in this competition was when I was 14 years old. We did not yet have the right to compete in international senior competitions; we could only compete at this level in Russia. This was our only such tournament and therefore we could not be selected for the European Championships or the World Championships. And then we, that is, those girls who could not go to international competitions, took the entire podium. For me it was not some kind of exciting event, since it was not about selection. I just went out on the ice, showed what I was capable of, and that’s all. What was interesting was that this was the first senior competition - probably so.