Alysa Liu | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Alysa's Free skate. She won the Cranberry Cup

Alysa's making a really great case for herself to be the skater sent to Nebelhorn to secure that 3rd spot. I'd be surprised if she wasn't chosen tbh. 3A aside (looked hesitant going to it to me), her jumps all look solid.

I love this music choice for her, the choreo sequence onwards builds to an especially exciting climax that will play well in front of an audience. I loved how well the 2A+1Eu+3S was timed to the music. :)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Alysa's SP at Lombardia. She has her usual mega-watt smile, and skated the programme with real verve.

Protocols linked here. Positive GOE on all elements, total score 74.31, TES 41.15, PCS 33.16. Judges all liked her performance and interpretation - nice and vibrant!

beepboop

On the Ice
I just have to get this off my chest once and then I'll go back to simply uplifting our girl:

I find it hilarious how every! single! time! Alysa does well at a competition, all these keyboard warriors come crawling out of the woodwork to insist that she has no shot at medalling at any of her GP events (let alone the Olympics!), she's way behind the Russians/Japanese/Koreans/all of the above in every aspect of skating, she poses no threat to [insert their fave(s)], etc etc etc

Why are they so pressed if they really think she's not a threat? If it's so obvious that she doesn't have any chance of medalling even at the GPs, why bother going to the effort of constantly (obsessively!) anonymously denigrating her on the internet? Truly fan behavior 👀🥱