Alysa Liu | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

skatingiscool

On the Ice

It looks like Alysa is in Osaka. The banner says: "Welcome to the Tensan Shopping Arcade."

Yes. Alysa is on SOI Japan Tour (Osaka and Tokyo)

Alysa is having fun with her best friends (Mana, Wakaba and of course Young You) in Japan.

Here is video of Alysa and Young You - they cut each other's hair. Gen Z power.

FPYP_KRVcAA65WH

FPZN_HOXEAE2tEG

FPNxr6LXMAEAkX8

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a first year in Seniors it was for Alysa it felt more like 3 separate seasons all rolled up in just a few months yet through it all she never wavered and ended up a World medalist. After starting the season out strong and confirming the 3rd spot at Nebelhorn things changed. A mentally weaker skater might have fallen apart with all of the stuff happening apart from skating like getting Covid at Nationals and threats to her and her father from the Chinese not to mention changing coaches after the GP season but through it all she remained upbeat and never got overwhelmed. She is without a doubt the toughest competitor the US ladies have had since the days of Michelle and Tara and that is pretty good company to be in and now she's a World medalist just like them.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is the CBC television broadcast of Alysa's long program with Kurt Browning's commentary (no short programs were aired). I had to upload her performance on Streamable because Dailymotion rejected it due to the music.

2022 Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

These vids are less significant, but Kurt Browning talks about Alysa in both (for the first vid, Alysa is only discussed in the SP recap).

2022 Worlds Women Discussion + SP Recap (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Women LP Group 4 Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

Last edited:

skatingiscool

On the Ice
This is the CBC television broadcast of Alysa's long program with Kurt Browning's commentary (no short programs were aired). I had to upload her performance on Streamable because Dailymotion rejected it because of the music.

2022 Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

These vids are less significant, but Kurt Browning talks about Alysa in both (for the first vid, Alysa is only discussed in the SP recap).

2022 Worlds Women Discussion + SP Recap (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Women LP Group 4 Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

Thank you so much for taking your time to upload it!

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She was joking
I really hope she is... The way this tweet and its replies phrased it is making me kind of concerned.

I really enjoyed seeing Alysa during the Worlds practices and she seemed to be having so much fun!!! I hope she doesn't retire so soon! 😭

Edit: I'm really going to miss her. 😭😭😭

Last edited:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Here's her official announcement.

I'll miss her sunny presence at competitions, but she deserves to have the life she wants, not the life we fans would like. Wishing the highly accomplished Alysa all the best!

Scott512

Record Breaker
This is staggering. I am sad about this because Alysa brought sunshine to figure skating and a warmth and a positive attitude the sport needs.

I was just thinking now that she's through puberty she could be a real contender in the future. But it's not what she wants and we can only wish her well.

McBibus

On the Ice
I can't cope with this.
Next season without the russians and Alysa?! It's a curse on ISU (not that they don't deserve a curse)

To me she's alwats been a funny presence on the ice, able to smile and joke in any situation.
Smart and kind when talking.
She was growing as a skater
I will miss her.