Amber Glenn | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Amber Glenn

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While at Cranberry, I was amazed to see just how powerful Amber is. It doesn’t really translate to TV, at least not for me, and I’ve seen her skate in person but close up is different. Anyway ❤️

deedee1

Record Breaker
At the start of every season I wish every skater to have a very good and injury-free season as a long time figure skating fan, if s/he is one of my favorites or not regardless. :)
I don't have a say at all about how selection process work for a Worlds, or Oly Games, or a Nebelhorn within US Fed, but I do wish Amber, more than anyone this season if I am honest with myself, to have a great, injury-free season! :cheer:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those were two wonderful and amazing skates from Amber. I'm so happy for her, breaking 200. I was mesmerized during the skates. She is so dynamic, and for me her awesome power got communicated in the close-up video cam, and also right through the air of the universe. It seemed that Amber vibrated with a powerful universal life force! Her on-ice presence is unique.

She skates the way I want to see skating. She gives us a sense of her personality and her intent. Well done!:party2::points:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Yes, thanks for posting. I just saw a clip of this program/performance on Amber's Instagram. :love:

In other news (while not official), TSL stated in their latest broadcast that Amber Glenn has been working with Damon Allen in Colorado. No word yet whether she is making coaching a switch, but probably. I think she needs to. It will be important to get a fresh start and new ideas and strategies -- a new mindset! Good luck to Amber achieving her goals and wowing her fans!

macy

Record Breaker
that is great news. i think she really needs a change in a lot of ways, i get the impression she was very comfortable with the Cains and the environment she was in and became stuck in a rut. i think this will be good for her, although she needed to do it years ago.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I can't really comment negatively on Amber Glenn's tenure with the Cains. For the emotional journey she has been going on these last number of years, it might have been the supportive environment she truly needed to make some of the mental and physical improvements that she's made. Ashley & Timothy were tremendously supportive to Amber, and she's spoken a lot about how having their encouragement and support has meant so much to her. Plus, Amber managed to develop a 3-axel while under the guidance and coaching of the Cains.

It's just that sometimes a different direction is needed. And with Ashley/Timothy possibly not training and competing going forward, this is certainly a good time for Amber to regroup and go in a different direction. It was more injuries and U.S. fed showing a lack of confidence in her which has hampered Amber's progress in recent seasons.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
^^ Yes, thanks for posting. I just saw a clip of this program/performance on Amber's Instagram. :love:

In other news (while not official), TSL stated in their latest broadcast that Amber Glenn has been working with Damon Allen in Colorado. No word yet whether she is making coaching a switch, but probably. I think she needs to. It will be important to get a fresh start and new ideas and strategies -- a new mindset! Good luck to Amber achieving her goals and wowing her fans!
I just looked at Amber’s bio sheet on ISU, and it has been updated with her new program music for 22-23 & Misha Ge for choreo, but still lists the Cains as her coaches. So maybe her time in Colorado was just a change of pace & not a switch?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Amber was stunning both programs! I wonder why she still doesn't do third combo though.
Yes. I agree. I was explaining this to my friend. Who thought Amber should have at least scored second in the free skate. I told my friend that Amber actually missed two jumps, in the form of a combo. This combo could have been added to any of her clean triples, in the second half. I suggest her adding a 2A 2T sequence (or even 2A and 2A, if allowed like the pairs team from RUS consisting of two double axels after one of these three jumps). Preferably, after her first jump, the triple lutz, exactly like those Russians. 3Lz 2A 2A sequence. The axel is her best jump. So, I’d imagine this is something she can add with relatively ease knowing she has 3A capabilities. If she doesn’t land the triple lutz cleanly, she can add this sequence combo to her triple loop or triple flutz afterwards. That is 5 points (maybe even up to 8 points) she is at least leaving off the table. She only has to worry about one combo in the second half, so it should be relatively easy for her to remember and execute this. She did tell her coach that she went for an easier layout and when she saw the score, she did say that imagine how much higher her score could be, had she gone for a higher difficulty. So, I’m hoping maybe this is what she is aware of, that she is allowed to go for three combos in the free skate. But, the fact that she has left this combo out, at her 3 events this year, has me concerned.

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Yes. I agree. I was explaining this to my friend. Who thought Amber should have at least scored second in the free skate. I told my friend that Amber actually missed two jumps, in the form of a combo. This combo could have been added to any of her clean triples, in the second half. I suggest her adding a 2A 2T sequence (or even 2A and 2A, if allowed like the pairs team from RUS consisting of two double axels after one of these three jumps). Preferably, after her first jump, the triple lutz, exactly like those Russians. 3Lz 2A 2A sequence. The axel is her best jump. So, I’d imagine this is something she can add with relatively ease knowing she has 3A capabilities. If she doesn’t land the triple lutz cleanly, she can add this sequence combo to her triple loop or triple flutz afterwards. That is 5 points (maybe even up to 8 points) she is at least leaving off the table. She only has to worry about one combo in the second half, so it should be relatively easy for her to remember and execute this. She did tell her coach that she went for an easier layout and when she saw the score, she did say that imagine how much higher her score could be, had she gone for a higher difficulty. So, I’m hoping maybe this is what she is aware of, that she is allowed to go for three combos in the free skate. But, the fact that she has left this combo out, at her 3 events this year, has me concerned.
Thank you for explaining! I was just knocked out by her speed across the ice and her dynamism. I saw her unfortunate performance at Nationals live and then her having to withdraw because of Covid and that she had it in short program. So proud of her! You go girl!