Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Off to Gdansk to stab some ISU officials with a rusty metal rod. Who's with me?
She was so happy until the scores. I don't want to see her like this again.:sad4:

noraaa

Rinkside
Horrible scoring. Nastya has truly the best skating skills and most pure technique in today's competition. She should have been 2+ points higher minimum, I'm sorry. I mean no disrespect to Viktoria but while clean, her performance was not inspiring and her jumps do not deserve such high GOE just for the virtue of being clean.

It is disappointing that Nastya has little to no chance of making the final now when in my opinion she has so much more to give and would be great in the JGPF. I hope they will send her to Junior Worlds.

DenissVFan

Medalist
</3 Too bad she was moved from Zagreb to Gdańsk. She was the only Russian skater to face Alysa twice.

That aside, she delivered two clean performances this week and she had only one major mistake across 4 programmes. Now I hope RusFed sends her to a Challenger so that she can try to improve her SB.

The new dress was very pretty, btw.

Azikin

Medalist
I hope they will send her to Junior Worlds.
They will, if she medals at Junior Rusnats. I'm more worried about her future now, getting to JGPF was quite crucial, what can she do without SGP spot? Stay one more year in juniors? :scratch2:

DenissVFan

Medalist
They will, if she medals at Junior Rusnats. I'm more worried about her future now, getting to JGPF was quite crucial, what can she do without SGP spot? Stay one more year in juniors? :scratch2:

She's senior eligible so she can fight for a good score at a Challenger. RusFed should give her that much...

noraaa

Rinkside
I suppose we will just wait and see how the rest of the JGP shakes out. I have confidence that if she were to sneak in, she would have an even stronger performance then.

As a side note - the new FS dress is much improved. I hope they will consider a new SP costume as well if she is able to make JGPF or gets a senior Challenger assignment. I have a vision of a black/navy blue jumpsuit with dark eye makeup and more interesting hair. Nastya can pull off a more dramatic look and feel to her powerful skating and I sometimes worry a bit that her team's lack of emphasis on the little details of her costuming hinders her :/ Who is to say that with more commitment to the aesthetic that (unfortunately) her PCS might also rise?

I don't like to think it because her skating skills alone should be enough for higher marks but I am resigned to the fact that her coaching situation seems to be unwilling to try it at least and see.

Even something like this would show greater commitment to her packaging: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwiCR5GXAAEaHqX.jpg

Would still fit with the theme of the SP in my opinion.

Artemisa

Final Flight
She was wonderfull in both programs...beautifull dress .... and I think today she deserved better PCS and the silver... she was the sacrifice lamb of russian federation for Lui ... maybe because they think she would pop the program... but tarakanova is made of fire and fight ... she makes me think of Pogo ( not the falls) ... never the princess of the ball ...

I think that FS would be magnificiant in the final...

So now ... Challengers and cup of russia to get to nationals?

icetug

Medalist
I've been already back from the ice rink and must say Nastia did a wonderful job today. I happened to sit just behind the technical panel and could have a look into their assessments: Nastia was the only skater who wasn't reviewed by the panel as they recognized all her elements clean.
Too bad she lost silver because of PCS. For me she was outstanding today. And got the best dress :love:.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No post competition interviews with Anastasiya (or Viktoriya) yet? Would love to hear her tell about her experience ...

Anyway, she fought for what she is worth, going all out, but it was not enough.

Now what will she do? Plan to stay in juniors for another year, or move up into the seniors, new game, new rules, new chances?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Poor Nastya! I can't believe they lowballed her on PCS again, it's not fair :(

As Johnny Weir's coach said many years ago "Some judges give joke marks."

Happy Skates

Final Flight
No post competition interviews with Anastasiya (or Viktoriya) yet? Would love to hear her tell about her experience ...

Anyway, she fought for what she is worth, going all out, but it was not enough.

Now what will she do? Plan to stay in juniors for another year, or move up into the seniors, new game, new rules, new chances?

I really hope she can move up to seniors. She has been to JGPF twice, I think she will be able to move on now. Hopefully she'll easily qualify for Senior RusNats (she's already listed for COR stage 2), and have a good showing there. Then maybe she can be sent to the Youth Olympics, which could make up for not going to JGPF. And RusFed better send her to a challenger, preferably two, where she can fight and get a good senior score to secure herself a SB and a GP spot next year. I just hope her spirits aren't ruined by these results. IIRC, the reason she quit last time was because she was skating cleanly and still getting low scores. And I understand, it must be so disheartening to put out such great performances and still get back these results. But Nastya can do it! She is amazing and I wish her the best of luck!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Nice video with Anastasiya spending her day off in Gdansk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AiFFcr2lrg

She is one tough cookie, taking a dive in the Baltic ;-) Meeting Katya Kurakova on the beach.

No need to sulk over the competition. She knew she gave it her absolute best and returns home with some nice presents.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Nice to see Nastya in a good mood :thumbsup:

'Настя сошла с ума' - Nastya lost her mind ;-)

Yes, and it seems to me doing Youtube videos etc gives her comfort, being a more extrovert kind of person.
She was looking tired in the final clip though, late at night and still needing to pack because she'd be leaving the hotel at 03:00 for the airport.

Her JPG adventures are over, and it has been quite a ride over the stages. Now Anastasiya can, must, and will concentrate on the road ahead, discovering new territories, new powers in herself, new images.

Hopefully she has found herself a nice 'home' in #TeamPanova now.