Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker

Nastia is the tallest of the three! Mai and Isa were revelations this competition. I'm glad Nastia got away with the bronze medal but she's not skating as well as last season and that is a concern. It may be that her coach is not there or physically she's bothered by something but I hope she picks it up for the next GP and then the rest of the season.

brakes

On the Ice
Congrats Nastia, you survived all those times when you got lowballed in junior nationals, then growth adjustments and look at you now!
European Champion, Nastia Gubanova! :points::hb::cheer::cheer2:

332844769_ldpx5nfjtos.jpg

Scott512

Record Breaker
Big congratulations to Gubanchik! Such a big satisfaction and almost unbelievable considering her situation a few years ago. 🌹🌹🌹
Nastya actually retired a couple of times 2 years ago and then the Republic of Georgia came calling and saved her career. This sport really beat the heck out of her so I hope today is very sweet for her mind heart and soul.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This is the best interview ever of Anastasia.She discusses quitting the sport for 3 weeks a couple years ago she talks about Sasha and Kami her former coach the butcher Buyanova and how she still feels Russian on the inside while representing Georgia and why she chose to stay living and training in Saint Petersburg while others based in Russia went to train in Italy. Nastia has always had mature skating and it's nice to see her maturing off the ice as well.

Last edited: