Anna Shcherbakova | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Breathtaking SP today, her season't best, and not only by scores, which thankfully finally got better.. and tomorrow Firebird will rise! :cheer:

She looked really determined on ice, with a fierce and steadfast glare, making her look much older than 15 years. We might think of Anna as a fragile and tender little girl still, but she is a fierce sportswoman.

In the K&C there was some disappointment still, for I think Anna herself knew she skated cleanly and expected a higher score, and no ! to spoil her achievement. She is so bright and well versed in figure skating I imagine she is capable of calculating her score on the fly, and hence was disappointed. Still, she stood out from the rest, some of them had real mistakes taking themselves out of contention.

Anna will go into the free skating competition tomorrow with a small lead but full of confidence and determination to knock that fourth wicket down ;-)

Azikin

Medalist
She looked really determined on ice, with a fierce and steadfast glare, making her look much older than 15 years. We might think of Anna as a fragile and tender little girl still, but she is a fierce sportswoman.
She sure is. Almost completed her tranformation from a little fairy to the soaring firebird.. :clap:

Minoru

Rinkside
I hope the judges don't give ! to this Lutz. I think all of Eteri 4A's Lutz are similar and I like this movement as I wrote in January. Anna today and Alina in France switched back the edge a bit earlier than usual which can be attention if you go for very strict judgement. Rika or Lisa is more on the out edge until the take off. But I think the form and movement until the take off of Eteri 4A's Lutz is more beautiful. Gena's Lutz was much more flat (for me error) in 2016-18 but she hardly (never?) got any attention . It's too shame that the judges destroy the skaters by tiny issue and inconsistent judgement. I hope Anna and coach don't care this attention. Her edge is good enough and overall very beautiful.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova SP Score: 73.51 (TES: 40.08, PCS: 33.43)

What's with the low short program scores this year? I mean it's an okay score for Anna but I imagine she deserved higher. Last year better SPs were in the mid to upper 70s with regularity and Alina and Zhenya both scored well over 80 in the Olympics in their shorties.

E

eterialskater

I hope the judges don't give ! to this Lutz. I think all of Eteri 4A's Lutz are similar and I like this movement as I wrote in January. Anna today and Alina in France switched back the edge a bit earlier than usual which can be attention if you go for very strict judgement. Rika or Lisa is more on the out edge until the take off. But I think the form and movement until the take off of Eteri 4A's Lutz is more beautiful. Gena's Lutz was much more flat (for me error) in 2016-18 but she hardly (never?) got any attention . It's too shame that the judges destroy the skaters by tiny issue and inconsistent judgement. I hope Anna and coach don't care this attention. Her edge is good enough and overall very beautiful.

I think Trusova has a pretty good edge on her lutz so I don't think the controller will mess her. The other Eteri girls though can sometimes go flat so maintaining a good edge is paramount because it looks like the tech controllers have gotten memo to scrutinized them ever since last week in France. We can expect more ! edges but hopefully no outrageous e calls like Zagitova received last week.

Minoru

Rinkside
Chinese skater, Chen was nice with good speed and flow but lutz edge was bit more flat than Anna yesterday. If she didn't get attention, Anna should be OK.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Anyway.

Congrats on winning, reaching GPF and landing 100% of all quad attempts as a senior Anna! :clap:
(I don't disagree with the UR on the first quad today, but it was enough to win and now we look forward!)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anyway.

Congrats on winning, reaching GPF and landing 100% of all quad attempts as a senior Anna! :clap:
(I don't disagree with the UR on the first quad today, but it was enough to win and now we look forward!)

Anna was sovereign today, but with those calls on the execution of her Lutz'es she indeed has something to work towards. No doubt in the debriefing with Eteri Georgiyevna and perhaps some FFKKR tech officials, this 'Lutz' problem' will be discussed to make Anna less vulnerable to ! calls.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Congrats Anya!! You did it again! :hap10:

It was so cute and funny to see her in the interview after her win, trying to keep the giant bear's head up, while paying attention to the questions and answering in English :biggrin:

Minoru

Rinkside
Wow she was on fire! I agree with the 1st 4Lz< but can't accept 4 attentions for all of Lutz. maybe 3Lz-Lo was bit flat but she did almost the same in US and no attention at all. Her take off is at the end of out edge turn where the edge switching back to inward so it can happen if the take off delays 0.1 second but it's clearly different from some skater who's edge stays flat for 1 or 2 second! I think judge should understand this difference and I don't want her to waste energy for this issue. Edge correction can be dangerous. The judge for rotation was rather fair/consistent and better than US and France. Anna's 3Lz-Lo, both SP/FS shouldn't have been UR in US.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Oh my gosh I am so happy for Anna!! She is the first to qualify for the grand prix final and she did it with ease!! She did such a good free program today, I was in awe and I was only watching her on my phone lol! Throughout the whole performance she was in character. For me there wasn’t one spot were she wasn’t performing. She looked like she really enjoyed herself throughout the whole program. The scores should have been in the 160s imo, but oh well she still won the event. I also loved the support that the crowd gave her throughout her performance!! It was so cute to see her smile after they were cheering for her costume change! I also loved seeing her next to that bear that was five times the size of her lol. I don’t know how her fans were able to fit that thing into a car lol. Anyways good job Anna, train hard for the GPF! :yahoo:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Oh my gosh I am so happy for Anna!! She is the first to qualify for the grand prix final and she did it with ease!! She did such a good free program today, I was in awe and I was only watching her on my phone lol! Throughout the whole performance she was in character. For me there wasn’t one spot were she wasn’t performing. She looked like she really enjoyed herself throughout the whole program. The scores should have been in the 160s imo, but oh well she still won the event. I also loved the support that the crowd gave her throughout her performance!! It was so cute to see her smile after they were cheering for her costume change! I also loved seeing her next to that bear that was five times the size of her lol. I don’t know how her fans were able to fit that thing into a car lol. Anyways good job Anna, train hard for the GPF! :yahoo:

Is it okay to be happy for Anna for winning her 2nd Street Grand Prix event and be a little frustrated because I think her score could have and should have been higher than 226? I was also a little disappointed she scored on the 73 in the short program. If the judges are scoring tougher this year that's one thing if it's across the board if it's just for EG girls that would bother me a lot.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Is it okay to be happy for Anna for winning her 2nd Street Grand Prix event and be a little frustrated because I think her score could have and should have been higher than 226? I was also a little disappointed she scored on the 73 in the short program. If the judges are scoring tougher this year that's one thing if it's across the board if it's just for EG girls that would bother me a lot.

We are all both happy for 2 wins and GPF, as well as frustrated with the judging. :) it’s okay Scott.
The girls do not deserve to held to a higher standard than other skaters, just because...

Scott512

Record Breaker
We are all both happy for 2 wins and GPF, as well as frustrated with the judging. :) it’s okay Scott.
The girls do not deserve to held to a higher standard than other skaters, just because...

But it seems like they are being held to a higher standard and a more critical standard and tougher judging than the others.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Anna is in the final. That's what matters.

The 3A ARE a higher standard that's for sure.

Even if they do make mistakes they have the sheer talent to still be at the top

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
But it seems like they are being held to a higher standard and a more critical standard and tougher judging than the others.

It can be OK till they meet someone close to them who is not "being held to a higher standard and a more critical standard and tougher judging". In the competitions up to now this didn't come yet. But it will come and it is the question what will happen then.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It can be OK till they meet someone close to them who is not "being held to a higher standard and a more critical standard and tougher judging". In the competitions up to now this didn't come yet. But it will come and it is the question what will happen then.

It's a pretty big question and a pretty big topic. This would not be an issue if the scoring was fair all across the board for everyone. But this is for us fans to speculate about it's important for the figure skaters like on a to just focus on what they have to do and do it. EG girls are famous for that from Evgenia to Anna and everyone in between.