Anna Shcherbakova | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Shayuki

Record Breaker
14 days to go! It feels like such a short time ago that it was last saturday, before Christmas. That gives me confidence that I'm going to be able to eventually make it through these 2 weeks without going crazy! Some news regarding her supposed season debut on 13th of January - Kamila Valieva seems to have disappeared from the list of entries. So now the only other skater I can recognize is Alena Kanysheva. No matter how she skates, I hope she at least can win here because that would be very important for her confidence at this point in time. I find myself checking the entries just about every day, hoping she's not suddenly decided to withdraw. Looking good thus far!

As a throwback, Anya had an absolutely gorgeous spiral sequence here in 2016 April. I think it's the only time she skated that FS with that sequence, at least from what I saw. And it's so beautiful! I really hope she brings something like that back for her next new program. Or even adds it to her FS? They really suit her incredibly well.

tars

Record Breaker
As a throwback, Anya had an absolutely gorgeous spiral sequence here in 2016 April. I think it's the only time she skated that FS with that sequence, at least from what I saw. And it's so beautiful! I really hope she brings something like that back for her next new program. Or even adds it to her FS? They really suit her incredibly well.
So wonderful... :love::drama:

tars

Record Breaker
Quote from Trusova's interview:

"An there was a girl who did quads too — Anya Shcherbakova. She doesn't practise them now [as she's recovering from an injury] but before we were learning those jumps equally. I'll continue to train to be the strongest."

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Quote from Trusova's interview:
Hopefully she's able to regain her quads during this off season! I'm very happy to hear she's not been practicing them at all. No need for that this season. Trusova's sugarcoating it though, Anya's quad was in a much better state than hers pre-injury~

Just 10 more days to go!

Azikin

Medalist
Good luck indeed! Thank you for the Youtube links. I'm really looking forward to seeing Anna again. What kind of competition is it anyway? Is it senior level? I couldn't find any information about it...

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Good luck indeed! Thank you for the Youtube links. I'm really looking forward to seeing Anna again. What kind of competition is it anyway? Is it senior level? I couldn't find any information about it...
just local competition
as a junior

Moscow Cup 13-14 Jan 2018, Moscow, Ice Palace Medvedkovo.
Junior, Senior, singles, pairs, dance.

Homepage http://www.sportvokrug.ru/competitions/3022/
Schedule (preliminary) http://www.sportvokrug.ru/r/competition/3022/Расписание.doc
or http://www.sportvokrug.ru/r/competition/3022/Предварительное расписание .pdf
Starting Orders http://www.sportvokrug.ru/r/competition/3022/Стартовый протокол.pdf

Anna Scherbakova (first competiions after injury), Kanysheva, Kostyuk, Safonova, Kuzmenko, Vaisileva etc.
Male skaters Kunitsa, Danielyan, Samoilov etc.
Pairs Pavluchenko-Khodykin, dance Skoptsova-Aleshin.

Also at the same days at the same ice rink will be competition "Winter-2018" for childs grades and sports grades.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Well, most of the information is quoted above. But if you're curious about when Anna will skate herself the junior category is scheduled to start at around 18:15 Moscow time and end at 19:50. Considering that she's the final skater, starting to watch around 19:30 Moscow time should be safe.

I'm really looking forward to it yet nervous at the same time...

tars

Record Breaker
It's a local Moscovian tourney, Anna will participate on junior (KMC) level.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
She can't, she hasn't participated in any of the qualifiers and this is not one of them. Just a local tourney.
Yep.

The idea is that she has a good enough display that they would coach's council her in.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I am glad that she skated cleanly, it seems (no one knows scores yet) but I can't help but be concerned abouth her healh. She became REALLY thin and raw-boned, unnaturally even. I wonder how much she weights? She dangerously reminds me anorexia victims now :eekn: