Anna Shcherbakova | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Azikin

Medalist
That 4Lz does seem to be quite a big risk.. but sometimes history cannot be made without taking big risks, I guess...:scratch2:
I know that I will be incredibly nervous.. I always am when Anna is competing but this will be special.. :pray:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
We've waited so long for her international debut...I still can't believe we're so close to it. :pray:
I have trust that Eteri would not let Anna try something she doesn't have a high chance to succeed. :scratch2: I share your anxiety, because I really wish her to perform great (and she totally has to potential to do so) :2thumbs:

karina17

Final Flight
It really does feel unreal that she’s making her international debut next week. We spent so long being disappointed and worried on her behalf because of her injury, that now that it’s actually happening (AND with a quad lutz in her layout), it feels so unreal.

On a lighter note, thank you to Bratislava’s organisers. I want to send them flowers for holding the ladies’ SP right after my final exam ends, so I get to go straight home and watch Anna live. :yahoo: :laugh:

PekkaRink

Rinkside
I did not know there would be a live stream, that‘s amazing :) is it always like that with GP and JGP events? is there an ISU YouTube Channel?

Good luck for your final exams, Karina!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It really does feel unreal that she’s making her international debut next week. We spent so long being disappointed and worried on her behalf because of her injury, that now that it’s actually happening (AND with a quad lutz in her layout), it feels so unreal.

On a lighter note, thank you to Bratislava’s organisers. I want to send them flowers for holding the ladies’ SP right after my final exam ends, so I get to go straight home and watch Anna live. :yahoo: :laugh:

Lucky! Bratislava is during the first week of my senior year :palmf:

tars

Record Breaker
Unfortunately it will be very difficult to win with fall. For the fall is -5 GOE, it means -50% of the value of the jump. I hope she can pull herself together and skate clean.
New rules, take a look on page 15: https://www.isu.org/inside-single-p...ications-fs/17142-isu-communication-2168/file
Page 15 looks pretty scary. :slink:

I don't like those animal-morph selfies at all. Ugly and moronic. :whack::disagree:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I don’t get them either 🤔 is it supposed to look cute? Maybe I am too old for that s*it 😄

I've seen on social networks that these selfies are really a must-have for teens nowadays...I don't get them either, but what can I say? It's an entire different world than the one I grew up in. :unsure: If Anna likes them...I will gladly enjoy any picture with her. Anything to cure my anxiety until next week's comp is welcome :pray::biggrin:

karina17

Final Flight

Ack, good luck for your first week of school! I’d say “Don’t get distracted”, but that would be hypocritical because I’d pick a JGP livestream over homework any day. :laugh:

The animal filters are just a fun trend. It’s like dressing our faces up without actually putting in the effort of doing anything. Ever wondered what you’d look like with pink makeup and squirrel ears? Probably not, but if you’ve got nothing better to do and you’d like to find out, well, you don’t even have to buy and put the makeup on, you don’t have to buy the squirrel ears, you can just take a photo of yourself and your phone will do the rest. It’s just something to do for fun. :rolleye:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker

Good luck Spirals for Miles and Karina17 :ghug: I've taken for the next 2 weeks my vacation from work, so I think I will be able to watch Bratislava and Linz peaceful and without any dangerous overtime at work :biggrin:

Undino

Rinkside
guess I’ll have to be rude and watch the live stream every now and then 🙊
Same! :laugh: Two seasons ago I always had to watch the livestream of her domestic competitions during work, sitting in the laboratory, in a lab coat, surrounded by clinical stuff in order to watch Anna skating live!:biggrin:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Same! :laugh: Two seasons ago I always had to watch the livestream of her domestic competitions during work, sitting in the laboratory, in a lab coat, surrounded by clinical stuff in order to watch Anna skating live!:biggrin:

Story of my life Undino, I work in a lab, too :biggrin: Sadly many sites are blocked by our IT department (on our work computers), but I was very happy to find out a couple of months ago that GS works just fine (and Youtube too), so our guys know how to leave the important sites untouched :peace:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Most sites work in my office, but live streams mostly don't :(. Fortunately I have a vacation now so I'll see Bratislava at home :)

Amef

Final Flight
Provided her SP is clean, Anna should have a slight advantage from the SP because she seems (correct me if I’m wrong) to be the only one doing 3Lz-3Lo. She might also have a bit of a PCS advantage from the SP because it’s such a beautiful program, but given junior PCS scoring, I don’t think anyone’s willing to bet on that.

That tiny advantage from the 3Lz-3Lo in her SP and FP should also help a little if she really does underrotate and fall during that 4Lz. Even excluding the 4Lz, I think her SP and FP layout will probably be one of the hardest at Bratislava. Two triple lutzes and triple flips, and two out of three combos in the back half. Hopefully it all works out for her!
She has one of the highest BV in JGP! I am betting on an all podium this season!