Anna Tarusina | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Anna Tarusina

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Oh, yeah. Well for other skaters it had weird things too (like 3F-2T-3Lo for someone, can't remember who)

Giltedge

Final Flight
Is Anna one of them?

Absolutely! She is one of those skaters who, for me, immediately stood out, with an engaging manner, good technique and potential to continue to perform well and better. Also, I admire her for her grit, after what happened to her.
Was hoping she would make it to the Finals and disappointed that she did not, but that compensated by other of my favourites getting there. In the end, it was touch-and-go for Anna. Good to see her hard at work, getting ready for Nationals. She has something special.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I know all the girls who made it to the finals are lovely and deserving, but I can't help but be sad this week that our Anna Tarusina is not one of them. She surely deserved it after her four perfect performances on the JGP, but I know that it will make her work harder and be even more determined come nationals. I can't wait to see our fiery Anna performing again! :yahoo:

Giltedge

Final Flight
I know all the girls who made it to the finals are lovely and deserving, but I can't help but be sad this week that our Anna Tarusina is not one of them. She surely deserved it after her four perfect performances on the JGP, but I know that it will make her work harder and be even more determined come nationals. I can't wait to see our fiery Anna performing again! :yahoo:

You absolutely expressed my feelings about the JGPs and Anna. If only there were 7 or 8 spots in the finals (S and J). Anyway, as you say, it is all wonderful experience and stimulation to seek greater heights. :)

Giltedge

Final Flight
Anna was looking relaxed and confident in practice today.

I wonder how her rotation speed compares with the top rotators among the other (slightly more junior) juniors, Annaщ, Sasha, etc.

Let's wish her a high-ranking result that she is happy with and another SB. :agree2:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna's runtru is here, by the way: https://youtu.be/h013a8L4DaM?t=1212
(she skated just behind Alina, btw)

Among non-Eteri juniors/early seniors I personally put her the highest along with Sofia Samodurova. Her jumps were rock solid again. I hope she receives recognition she deserves.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Anna is skating third tomorrow. Good luck, Anna! :)

Starting order for Ladies Short Programme

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Viktoriia VASILYEVA MOS
2 Mariia SMIRNOVA MOS
3 Anna TARUSINA MOS
4 Victoriia SAFONOVA MOS
5 Anastasiia TARAKANOVA MOS
6 Anastasiia KOSTYUK MOS

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Anna FROLOVA MOS
8 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA MOS
9 Anastasiia SHABOTOVA MOS
10 Mariya PAVLOVA KRD
11 Mariya DMITRIIEVA SPB
12 Alёna KOSTORNAIA MOS

Warm-Up Group 3
13 Darya USACHEVA MOS
14 Eva KOBZAR SPB
15 Alёna KANYSHEVA MOS
16 Nicole VAITKUS SPB
17 Alexandra TRUSOVA MOS
18 Ksenia SINITSINA MOS

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Oh, yeah. Well for other skaters it had weird things too (like 3F-2T-3Lo for someone, can't remember who)

I was wondering when someone would do a 3-2T-3Loop combination! It would be easier tacking a 3Loop after a 2t, and it gets the loop combo out of the way to maximize your jumps.

ETA: Oops, that would mean you couldn't get the 3sal out of the way, so never mind. Skaters need three 3/3 combinations: one with a 3toe, one with a 3loop, and one with a 3sal to maximize points so you can repeat the lutz and the flip. Still, I'd love to see a 3-2T-3loop combination.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Anna is skating third tomorrow. Good luck, Anna! :)

Starting order for Ladies Short Programme

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Viktoriia VASILYEVA MOS
2 Mariia SMIRNOVA MOS
3 Anna TARUSINA MOS
4 Victoriia SAFONOVA MOS
5 Anastasiia TARAKANOVA MOS
6 Anastasiia KOSTYUK MOS

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Anna FROLOVA MOS
8 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA MOS
9 Anastasiia SHABOTOVA MOS
10 Mariya PAVLOVA KRD
11 Mariya DMITRIIEVA SPB
12 Alёna KOSTORNAIA MOS

Warm-Up Group 3
13 Darya USACHEVA MOS
14 Eva BARD SPB
15 Alёna KANYSHEVA MOS
16 Nicole VAITKUS SPB
17 Alexandra TRUSOVA MOS
18 Ksenia SINITSINA MOS

Go Anna!!! :hap10:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

It's so frustrating that she went out all season and was clean (except for the iffy sal in her first event) and gets no respect. Yes, she skates like an OES, but her consistency is amazing. Especially coming back from a near career ending accident. Is there a country she can skate for besides Russia? There are so many outstanding skaters already, and obviously she isn't one of the "chosen" ones. But she needs to be at Europeans, Worlds, and Olympics.

Azikin

Medalist
It's so frustrating that she went out all season and was clean (except for the iffy sal in her first event) and gets no respect. Yes, she skates like an OES, but her consistency is amazing. Especially coming back from a near career ending accident. Is there a country she can skate for besides Russia? There are so many outstanding skaters already, and obviously she isn't one of the "chosen" ones. But she needs to be at Europeans, Worlds, and Olympics.

Hmm, there were rumours about Samodurova changing country and look where she's now.. ;)
Of course, Anna's situation is different, she's a part of an incredibly strong generation.
I would be sooooooo happy for her if she gets to the JWC but it's not very probable unfortunately... at least I will be cheering for her mightily in a few hours... :cheer:

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Yay 71.51 points for Anna puts her in 1st place:hap10: (although there have only been 3 skaters) She did 3lo+3t today, I think she's the only person that's done 3lz+3t, 3f+3t, and 3lo+3t clean this season