Anyone Planning to Attend? | Golden Skate

Anyone Planning to Attend?

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Who plans to attend NHK? So far, there's a website with some basics but no ticket or scheduling information.That's all I know. For foreign spectators, will it be a replay of last year, with tickets sold out the second the sale started? :(

www.nhk-trophy2018.jp

annemn

Rinkside
I'd love to go if I can get tickets! But I heard stories about last year and I'm not holding out too much hope... :eek:

It seems to say that detailed ticket info will be released at the beginning of August. Fingers crossed!

Spinning

On the Ice
I'd love to go if I can get tickets! But I heard stories about last year and I'm not holding out too much hope... :eek:

It seems to say that detailed ticket info will be released at the beginning of August. Fingers crossed!

Don't be disencouraged. It is hard but doable. During NHK2014, we met the American Expats whom got their tickets via the ticket master in Singapore. You could try looking into your local agents as well as the reseller tickets(if you don't mind paying the overpriced obviously).Good luck with your hunting...

annemn

Rinkside
Don't be disencouraged. It is hard but doable. During NHK2014, we met the American Expats whom got their tickets via the ticket master in Singapore. You could try looking into your local agents as well as the reseller tickets(if you don't mind paying the overpriced obviously).Good luck with your hunting...

Thanks for the encouragement! :) I'll have to see what the prices look like when I find them - my budget can't handle too much of a markup. :laugh: But I'll try the main website and then check out the resellers...

Spinning

On the Ice
Thanks for the encouragement! :) I'll have to see what the prices look like when I find them - my budget can't handle too much of a markup. :laugh: But I'll try the main website and then check out the resellers...

From our experiences, the accommodation has been pain too. If you wait to get tickets before booking a hotel, you would be left with the pricey ones. I recommend you to book it now. Find one with free cancellation is not a problem.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ticket and schedule information (including prices) was added to the website today. Last year, getting tickets via the official e-tix link for spectators from abroad was virtually impossible. Tickets were sold old literally the second the sale started. I'm hoping the fact that Hanyu is't competing, might make it a little less difficult, but not holding my breath.

I found quite a few reasonable hotel choices. And if you're ok with hostels, even more. Check out Hotel Vista (brand new, opening in August), Hotel Active, Hiroshima Aster Plaza (this one is a big bargain).

annemn

Rinkside
Ticket and schedule information (including prices) was added to the website today. Last year, getting tickets via the official e-tix link for spectators from abroad was virtually impossible. Tickets were sold old literally the second the sale started. I'm hoping the fact that Hanyu is't competing, might make it a little less difficult, but not holding my breath.

I found quite a few reasonable hotel choices. And if you're ok with hostels, even more. Check out Hotel Vista (brand new, opening in August), Hotel Active, Hiroshima Aster Plaza (this one is a big bargain).

Yeah, they've posted a good amount of info - but I'm hoping they publish more detailed info at the beginning of August. I can't go for the whole competition, so I'm going to be looking at specific train times... :laugh:

Hostels are a great plan, and all of the ones I've stayed in before in Japan have been very comfortable! I've already booked one right near the Arena - here's hoping I can get tickets now, haha. Good luck to everyone trying from abroad!

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ticket sales process announced on website. It's a lottery system like that used for Japanese ticket sales and done using an app (either iPhone or Android).

The application period runs from 8/25-9/10 and when during that period you apply has no bearing on your chance of success.

Will this give those of us outside of Japan a better chance than under the old system? It can't be worse :sarcasm:

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Did anyone enter the ticket lottery or am I alone here? Results to be announced 9/20 :pray:

seraf

Rinkside
I entered the lottery and got tickets for all the event days! :yahoo:

Did you get your tickets?

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I wonder how impossible will be to get tickets for Saitama Worlds... :confused:
2020 is in Canada. That should be easier right? But what I really want is to see Hanyu live, among other favorites. But wherever Hanyu goes tickets disappear. :sad21: And there is no guarantee he will be skating by then. I want to go to Saitama! :sad4:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I entered the lottery and got tickets for all the event days! :yahoo:

Did you get your tickets?

What is this lottery deal? Does this happen for other events too?
I've never attended an event, I'm starting to plan my first trip to watch figure skating live.

livetoskate

On the Ice
As far as I know, the lottery was only for people in Japan. No one knows when people outside of Japan will be able to start buying tickets for Worlds. I'm hoping to go too, so if anyone has news about ticket sales, please share! Thanks!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a Worlds 2019 separate thread. I think there is some general info there about tickets. Don't know how up to date it is.