Artur Danielian | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still, Artur hinted in his answer that he is not sure the federation will pick him to go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Olga said that he will probably go to Euros because he placed second.
He responded with “I don’t want to expect anything in regards to Euros because anything can happen.”

She said it because they always send 1st and 2nd because that's in their rules as long as the skater is age-eligible and can get the minimums (which he has already earned) they go. The 3rd is decided by the coaching council but they usually just go off sporting principle and select all three podium finishers. Therefore, only Samarin can be moved, Aliev and Artur, no.

It would be sad if the silver medalist at the adult championship was left without a post nationals assignment even though they are of age, have minimums, etc. He should be given Europeans or have the choice of something like Youth Olympics instead, but he should have an assignment. I don't think they will give him JrNats since he was behind Gumennik, Samsonov, and Mozalev all season. Skaters fighting for 2 spots at JrNats would be brutal. But we will see.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He also responded in regards to the FS program change. He said that in Gladiator, he didn’t have any innate emotions, and all his expressions were ones he worked out with his coaches. The last years program, however, he said, ‘is a joy to skate’ and he can interact with the audience.

This is obvious to me. I said that Verdi program fit him like a glove as all the movements he does seems to come naturally to him including the expression. I'm glad to hear he likes Verdi. His blowing a kiss in the choreo sequence reminded me of Adelina's hand wave during her spiral that everybody hated (but me!).

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
She said it because they always send 1st and 2nd because that's in their rules as long as the skater is age-eligible and can get the minimums (which he has already earned) they go. The 3rd is decided by the coaching council but they usually just go off sporting principle and select all three podium finishers. Therefore, only Samarin can be moved, Aliev and Artur, no.

Yes, yes I know that the top two cannot be moved in general :) Plus, I don’t think RusFed would even want to, they just wanted Aliev and Samarin in, and the third skater can be anyone who performs well on the day.

I think Artur really wants to go to Junior Nationals. He kept saying in the interviews he wants to win JrNats and go to JrWorlds. That’s probably his goal, considering he missed out on the podium for both last season.

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
This is obvious to me. I said that Verdi program fit him like a glove as all the movements he does seems to come naturally to him including the expression. I'm glad to hear he likes Verdi. His blowing a kiss in the choreo sequence reminded me of Adelina's hand wave during her spiral that everybody hated (but me!).
Yes, he really seems to be much more confident with Verdi! Also because he skated it in the past, he can just focus on the expressions and jumps easier. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

Plus, the Gladiator opening was pretty gloomy and tense, right when he had to jump his biggest elements. I don’t know, if I would be the one to skate, I would feel more stressed with the Gladiator music :)

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
Artur just seems like such a cute small bean. My whole family gushes over him because he is just so well-spoken and honest. He often uses quite sophisticated vocabulary and sounds so intelligent :) Sometimes he uses questionable analogies but sounds cute anyway. In a recent interview he said: ‘At the start of the season, I couldn’t control my body completely. If the coaches told me to accelerate faster, I would think “How can I be faster? I am already as fast as I can be!!”. But then I would look at a short clip of myself skating and I am crawling on the ice like a turtle’

He sounds so innocent at times, even my mom who is usually pretty solemn can’t help but smile haha. I hope he just continues skating competitively, he just has so much potential :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur just seems like such a cute small bean. My whole family gushes over him because he is just so well-spoken and honest. He often uses quite sophisticated vocabulary and sounds so intelligent :) Sometimes he uses questionable analogies but sounds cute anyway. In a recent interview he said: ‘At the start of the season, I couldn’t control my body completely. If the coaches told me to accelerate faster, I would think “How can I be faster? I am already as fast as I can be!!”. But then I would look at a short clip of myself skating and I am crawling on the ice like a turtle’

He sounds so innocent at times, even my mom who is usually pretty solemn can’t help but smile haha. I hope he just continues skating competitively, he just has so much potential :)

You know after this silver, he's probably really happy he didn't quit! We can all thank him mom!

Did you see him on the couch? He looked so precious!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, yes I know that the top two cannot be moved in general :) Plus, I don’t think RusFed would even want to, they just wanted Aliev and Samarin in, and the third skater can be anyone who performs well on the day.

I think Artur really wants to go to Junior Nationals. He kept saying in the interviews he wants to win JrNats and go to JrWorlds. That’s probably his goal, considering he missed out on the podium for both last season.

He can do both Euros and JrNats! They're 2 weeks apart! Plus who knows what tommorow will bring. Best to take all your opportunities as they come! Petrov and Pitkeev went once but not a 2nd time. They give it to him, he should take it.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
who will be send to Euros? Danielian or Ignatov? I hope Ignatov he's more constant.

Danielian. Ignatov barely beat Artur at Golden Spin. I don't think he's any more consistent than Artur and Artur as a newbie beat him in PCS in the free (deservedly so) at Golden Spin. The rules are, 1 and 2 go, 3 by coaching council. So unless Artur and his team declines, Ignatov would have to move Samarin.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Artur on the YOG team?

No. That's Samsonov and Mozalev. Mozalev is Junior #1 and Samsonov is the fed's darling so I don't think he moves either of them.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No. That's Samsonov and Mozalev. Mozalev is Junior #1 and Samsonov is the fed's darling so I don't think he moves either of them.

Be that as it may, Samsonov performed better in JGP, which was probably used as selection criterium for YOG.

But no doubt Danielyan's excellent finish will boost his esteem with the people in charge, but he needs to show consistency. Which of course the other young men all have to do since Russian male figure skating seems so volatile.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Be that as it may, Samsonov performed better in JGP, which was probably used as selection criterium for YOG.

But no doubt Danielyan's excellent finish will boost his esteem with the people in charge, but he needs to show consistency. Which of course the other young men all have to do since Russian male figure skating seems so volatile.

Sorry don't mean to be rude but I honestly don't care what the criteria for YOG is or whether Samsonov performed better on the JGP. I don't care about Samsonov period. He can have his little YOG. Artur has bigger things going on at the moment.

And I also don't care about the volatility of the Russian men. All boys/men regardless of nationality except Nathan are inconsistent. Period.

removof

On the Ice
Finally Danielian represent the future he has a good technical elements and he has a great artistic potentiel so he's better than Ignatov and he must to go in Euros.

This is a challenge to send a young man but it's important to prepare for the future.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A big congratulations to Artur on his silver! I congratulated him on Insta and he thanked me (which was really amazing of him!)

I do love his program, even though he's had it for a while, but the costume is super cute. It also reminds me of pasta :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing him at Euros (is he going? They have 3 entries right?)

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
A big congratulations to Artur on his silver! I congratulated him on Insta and he thanked me (which was really amazing of him!)

I do love his program, even though he's had it for a while, but the costume is super cute. It also reminds me of pasta :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing him at Euros (is he going? They have 3 entries right?)

Same with me, I sent him a congratulatory message and he said thank you, what a cutie!

I don’t know when this got published, but Artur is on the Euros team, with Dima and Sasha!

https://fsrussia.ru/news/4844-sostav-sbornoj-komandy-rossii-na-chempionat-evropy-v-gratse.html

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Congrats!:clap:

Personally I wish Artur could focus on EC and get a decent score (preferably raising both WS and SB). If so, there's no point in obsessing with the WJC spot. Also his coaching team is certainly looking for a chance to push their skater to be a full-fledged senior competitor, whatever it is. They would try the apparently easiest way to earn the fed's approval depending on circumstances. It's fairly obvious that their patience is running out.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur's coaching team is certainly looking for a chance to push their skater further into senior competition, whatever the chance is. I don't think they will be patient enough to wait another season. Whether Artur is going to EC or JW or both, it's mainly about proving to the federation that he's well prepared for entering the senior ranks so that the he turns completely senior next season. They would try the apparently easiest way to achieve this goal depending on circumstances. Personally I wish Artur could focus on EC and get a decent score (preferably raising both WS and SB). If so, there's no point in obsessing with the WJC spot.

Well, he's going to EC, along with Dima and Sasha! Congrats!:clap:
https://fsrussia.ru/news/4844-sostav-sbornoj-komandy-rossii-na-chempionat-evropy-v-gratse.html

They are clearly not trying to push him up. Not sure how anyone assumes that. I haven't read one interview nor seen any behavior on their part that indicate this. He just got lucky with silver and Europeans and no junior with minimums is going to turn that down. That would be idiotic. Name me a Russian in that position who did? He can go and have fun in Graz and then focus on his junior competitions as that's what he wants to do, he's already said so. He would hardly be the first junior who went to Euros then continued on with junior competitions.