Barbora Kucianova & Martin Bidar | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Barbora Kucianova & Martin Bidar

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
European Championships Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Barbora and Martin finished 13th out of 18 in the SP, with a score of 52.49.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the time:

First two elements good.

Lovely landing on Triple Flip. Chris full of praise.

Nice lift.

Out of sync on sit spins.

That was very good!

Chris is very impressed with them. Never stopped praising them during the highlights.

Daddy Březina and Ondřej Hotárek with them.

I think everybody was expecting the score to be higher. Chris included.

But, it's a new ISU Season's Best.

:cheer: WELL DONE BARBORA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

And comments from other members were largely positive too.

The Protocols tend to agree with us. There were only two elements that had any negative numbers next to them.

The first of these was the antepenultimate element, the Forward Inside Death Spiral. And watching it again on the archived livestream, I still can't see anything wrong with it. It got -1 from two Judges; 0 from three Judges; +1 from three Judges; and +2 from Judge 1. In terms of GOE, it got +0.08, which was the second lowest GOE of the whole programme.

The penultimate element, the Flying Change Foot Combination Spin, was the other. The sit spins I referred to at the time as being out of sync were actually the middle part of this element (sorry, I was writing in a hurry). But the first part of it was good. Can't really say much about the last part of it because the camera was zoomed in on Barbora for the start of it, so we couldn't see what Martin was doing. Anyway, it got -2 from Judge 2; -1 from four Judges; 0 from two Judges; and _1 from two Judges. It also got the biggest (and only) GOE hit of the programme, at -0.15.

Apart from a few 0's, the Judges gave all the other elements +1 or +2. Everything else also positive GOE. Indeed, the second element, the Triple Toe, was completely positive, with +5 from five Judges; and +2 from four Judges. It also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +0.60.

Barbora and Martin are currently 0.46 points behind 12th position, Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI (UKR), and 0.89 points ahead of 14th position, Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK (GBR). All three of them are part of a larger group where 7 partnerships are covered by 3.16 points, stretching from Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (FRA) in 9th position, 1.57 points ahead of Barbora and Martin, to Camille MENDOZA / Pavel KOVALEV (FRA) in 15th position, 1.59 points behind Barbora and Martin.

In a group where so many partnerships are this close, anything can happen. They could potentially climb up into the Top 10, or they could potentially drop down to penultimate position. Or anything in between.

So, let's hope that they have a good Free Skate to maximise the possibility of them climbing!

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

The Senior Pairs FS is is due to start at 19:00:00 EET (17:00:00 GMT / 18:00:00 CET). So 10 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, second partnership to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:00:00 EET (17:00:00 GMT / 18:00:00 CET). So 10 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin are due to start at 19:15:25 EET (17:15:25 GMT / 18:15:25 CET). So 10h 14m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/933

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
European Championships Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
European Championships Senior Pairs: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Barbora and Martin finished 14th out of 15 in the FS, with a score of 92.14. This meant that they remained in 13th position overall, with a score of 144.63.

Unfortunately, due to the withdrawal of my other set of kids (who were due to skate directly after Barbora and Martin) on the morning of the Free Skate, the start time of the Pairs FS was pushed back. Which meant that Barbora and Martin were now skating at the time that I was eating. But, I paused the stream and started playing catch-up after I finished eating. And I did delayed posts about them in the thread.

Here is what I wrote as they were introduced:

IWhile the rinkside announcer was talking about them during the Warm-Up, Martin threw Barbora upwards and then caught her. But, it wasn't a very big one. Which is probably wise at this stage. Don't take any unnecessary risks.

Later on in the Warm-Up, they showed Martin throwing Barbora across the ice. And it looked very good. Shortly afterwards, they did another, and Barbora didn't have the best of landings.

So, let's hope that last one was just a blip.

Anyway, now that the Finnish are finished (sorry, I had to!), here they come.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST BARBORA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote about the programme:

Ach. I forgot it was this version of "Wicked Game"

Mmmm. Not sure whether Martin actually caught Barbora on the opening throw or whether she landed herself.

The sequence of jumps was good.

Barbora fell on Triple Salchow. Martin's was good, though.

Throw Triple Flip looked good to me, but Chris thought it was double landed.

Didn't have the best shot to see Barbora in the Throw Triple Salchow. Too far away from the camera.

I've just talked about the jumps and throws, but everything else they did was lovely.

They didn't really look very happy coming off the ice.

They smiled while showing off their jackets after we came back from the replays. But otherwise, they look very nervous.

Into 2nd in the FS, and 1st overall.

No, they're not happy. Particularly Martin. They force smiles for the photo with Daddy Březina and Ondřej Hotárek.

Come on. It's a new absolute PB for the Free Skate, and you've maintained your lead overall (and you'll net gain a position compared to the SP because of the withdrawal of my other kids).

:cheer: WELL DONE BARBORA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, the opening Double Twist wasn't a problem after all. It got -1 from Judge 2; 0 from three Judges; +1 from two Judges; and +2 from three Judges. It also got the second higehst GOE of the programme, at +0.27.

I thought the second element, the Triple Toe-Single Axel-Single Axel done in sequence, was good. But, the officials were more balanced. Literally. It got -2 from Judge 2; 0 from seven Judges; and +2 from Judge 3. It also got neutral GOE, but because it had the second highest Base Value, it became the highest scoring element of the programme.

The third element was the Triple Salchow that Barbora fell on. Unsurprisingly, it got -5 from all nine Judges. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -2.15, whioch made it the lowest scoring element of the programme.

Because of the camera shot, I wasn't sure how the Throw Triple Flip went. Well, that might have been a good thing from looking at the protocols. The Judges gave it two -3's; two -2's; and five -1's. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.83.

For the next four elements, the Judges marks were all in the -1 to +1 range. But, I want to point out a couple of things. The fifth element, the Group 5 Toe Lasso Lift, may have got neutral GOE, but because it had the third highest Base Value, it became the second highest scoring element of the programme. Also, the element that followed it, the Choreographic Sequence, got the joint highest GOE of the programme, at +0.29.

The ninth element, the Group 5 Reverse Lasso Lift, had no positive numbers beside it at all. And I have no idea why. I watched it back on the archived livestream, and I didn't see anything that could be an issue. Nevertheless, it got -2 from seven Judges; -1 from Judge 1; and 0 from Judge 8. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.30.

The last two elements fared better. In fact, the final element, the Pair Combination Spin, got the joint highest GOE of the programme, at +0.29.

Barbora and Martin finished the Free Skate 1.90 points behind 13th position, Milania VÄÄNÄNEN / Filippo CLERICI (FIN), and 3.28 points ahead of 15th position, Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK (GBR). Barbora and Martin were at the bottom of a group of 3 partnerships covered by 2.31 points, which was headed by Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (FRA) in 12th position.

Overall, Barbora and Martin were 3.88 points behind 12th position, Piegad / Strekalin, and 2.36 points ahead of 14th position, Väänänen / Clerici.

Although they were wanting more, it wasn't a bad Major Championships debut for them as a partnership. They got their second highest International SP score of the season (after the Tayside Trophy); and their second highest FS score of the season (after Four Nationals); and their second highest International overall score of the season (after the Tayside Trophy).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Barbora and Martin will be back in action today at the Bavarian Open in Oberstdorf, Germany.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 19:40:00 EET (17:40:00 GMT / 18:40:00 CET). So 10 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin will be the 4th partnership to start. So, fourth and final partnership in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:40:00 EET (17:40:00 GMT / 18:40:00 CET). So 10 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin are due to start at 20:03:30 EET (18:03:30 GMT / 19:03:30 CET). So 10h 7m from now.

More information in the event thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95823

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bavarian Open Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Barbora and Martin finished 3rd out of 7 in the SP, with a score of 51.66.

Unfortunately I was not able to watch the Bavarian Open.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Barbora and Martin are currently 7.67 points behind 2nd position, Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Michal WOŹNIAK (POL), and 0.13 points ahead of 4th position, Irma CALDARA / Riccardo MAGLIO (ITA).

2.63 points behind Caldara / Maglio is a group where 3 partnerships are covered by 1.74 points, stretching from Yuna NAGAOKA / Sumitada MORIGUCHI (JPN) in 5th position, 2.76 points ahead of Barbora and Martin, to Katalin Janne SALATZKI / Lukas ROESELER (DEU) in 7th position, 4.50 points behind Barbora and Martin.

Being realistic, barring disasters from the Top 2 partnerships, maintaining their 3rd position is the best Barbora and Martin can hope for. However, they cannot rest in their laurels, because the rest of the field behind them are all within striking distance. A disappointing skate from them could easily drop them to last position.

So, let's hope that they have a good Free Skate and hold onto that podium position!

The Senior Pairs FS is is due to start at 19:00:00 CET (18:00:00 GMT). So 11 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin will be the 5th partnership to start. So, second partnership to go in Group 2 (and antepenultimate partnership to go in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:27:30 CET (18:27:30 GMT). So 11h 27m from now.

Barbora and Martin are due to start at 19:40:40 CET (18:40:40 GMT). So 11h 40m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95823

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bavarian Open Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
Bavarian Open Senior Pairs: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Barbora and Martin finished 3rd out of 7 in the FS, with a score of 101.84. This meant that they remained in 3rd position overall, with a score of 153.50.

Unfortunately I was not able to watch the Bavarian Open.

Looking at the Protocols, there were two elements that had issues. But, I don't know what the issues were.

The first was on the third element, the Double Salchow. It got -2 from three Judges; -1 from Judge 6; 0 from Judge 1; and +1 from Judge 3. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme at -0.16. And because it already had the lowest Base Value, it remained as the lowest scoring element of the programme.

The next element was the Throw Triple Flip. The Judges gave it four -4's and two -3's. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.99. But because it had the fourth highest Base Value, this meant that it only dropped to becoming the third lowest scoring element of the programme.

The rest of the elements seem to have gone really well, with positive GOE's for everything; and mostly +2's from the Judges. There was even a +3 from Judge 5 for the Backwards Outside Death Spiral!

The second element, the Triple Toe-Single Axel-Single Axel done in sequence got +2's from all six Judges. It also got the second highest GOE of the programme at +0.84. And because it had the second highest Base Value, this meant it remained as the second highest scoring element of the programme.

The ninth element, the Group 5 Reverse Lasso Lift, got +1 from Judge 2; and +2 from the remaining five Judges. It also got the highest GOE of the programme at +1.32. And because it had the highest Base Value, this meant it remained as the highest scoring element of the programme.

Barbora and Martin finished the Free Skate 8.59 points behind 2nd position, Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Michal WOŹNIAK (POL) and 1.49 points ahead of 4th position, Yuna NAGAOKA / Sumitada MORIGUCHI (JPN). Behind Nagaoka / Moriguchi was a 9.92 point gap to Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK (GBR) in 5th position, 11.41 points behind Barbora and Martin.

Overall, Barbora and Martin were 16.26 points behind 2nd position, Chtchetinina / Woźniak, and 4.25 points ahead of 4th position, Nagaoka / Moriguchi.

Not only was this a new absolute PB score for the Free Skate, but it was also the first time they had broken the 100 point barrier. As a result, they also achieved a new absolute PB for the overall score.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
First and foremost:

:cheer: HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY MARTIN!!! :cheer:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I hope you have an enjoyable day, and that the coming year is a good one for you, both on and off the ice.

And I hope you have a successful birthday weekend in Tilburg.

Barbora and Martin will be back in action today at the Challenge Cup in Tilburg, the Netherlands.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 17:10:00 CET (16:10:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, second and antepenultimate partnership in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:10:00 CET (16:10:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95840

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Challenge Cup Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Barbora and Martin finished 7th out of 8 in the SP, with a score of 50.11.

Unfortunately I was not able to watch the Challenge Cup.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Barbora and Martin are currently 1.87 points behind 6th position, Yuna NAGAOKA / Sumitada MORIGUCHI (JPN), and 6.79 points ahead of 8th position, Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD (SWE). They are at the bottom of a group where 5 partnerships are covered by 4.45 points, stretching up to Isabelle MARTINS / Ryan BEDARD (USA) in 3rd position.

Finishing in penultimate position is not the birthday present that Martin would have wanted. BUT, if you look at the actual scores, they are actually in a very good position. When you have a group this big and close, anything can happen. With a good Free Skate, they can potentially go back home with a set of Bronze Medals. And what a birthday present that would be!

So, let's hope that they have a good Free Skate and climb up the order!

The Senior Pairs FS is is due to start at 14:40:00 CET (13:40:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, second partnership to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:40:00 CET (13:40:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95840

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Challenge Cup Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
Challenge Cup Senior Pairs: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Barbora and Martin finished 8th out of 8 in the FS, with a score of 88.71. This meant that they remained in 7th position overall, with a score of 138.82.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Challenge Cup.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Barbora and Martin finished the Free Skate 6.21 points behind 7th position, Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD (SWE), and 16.46 points behind 6th position, Sophia SCHALLER / Livio MAYR (AUT).

Overall, Barbora and Martin were 19.62 points behind 6th position, Yuna NAGAOKA / Sumitada MORIGUCHI (JPN), and 0.58 points ahead of 8th position, the Crafoords.

Although the Reverse Lasso Lift getting invalidated didn't help, everything else went well. The reason they finished last in the Free Skate is simple - their programme had by far the lowest total Base Value of the field. The programme with the next lowest total Base Value (from Nagaoka / Moriguchi) was worth 7.50 points more. That is a lot of points that they are giving away before they even get onto the ice.

Being blunt, unless they had the best skate ever, they were always going to finish last in the FS here. So, if they want to improve their chances at Senior Worlds, they need to go away and make changes to increase the total Base Value of their FS programme.

EDIT: I didn't realise - Barbora and Martin don't have the Minimum TES for the Short Programme. So, it is Federica SIMIOLI / Alessandro ZARBO that will be representing the Czech Republic in Montréal.​

CaroLiza_fan