Best items to have signed | Golden Skate

Best items to have signed

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey folks,

My non-Gracie skate is now completely full of signatures, so I have to decide what to have signed next. My options are...flags, skates, autograph books...I love having the skates signed, but skates aren't cheap to buy. Maybe since they are only for signing purposes I can buy ones online. I kind of feel odd about asking the athletes to sign flags, I don't know how they may feel about it and I may not have the right flag. Autograph books are nice but the autographs can't really be displayed. I've seen people have jackets signed - a guy beside me at FOFS had a Salt Lake City Olympics jacket he was getting signed, and there are 2 Canadian ladies who go to every Worlds and have Canada jackets and get them signed..they have super cool signatures on them but of course they can only wear them once a year and don't wash them (I actually discussed this with them, but you should see the signatures they have. One of them even spends the whole year knitting something for each individual skater :yay:)...ideas?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have a training jacket with Max, Jason, Joshua, Mariah, and Roman Ponsart's signatures on it. It's purple.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do you ever wear it?

Only for competition warmup now. I accidentally left it at the rink twice when I was wearing it to regular practices and even though I got it back both times I couldn't bear the thought of losing it.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Good quality photos of the skaters that you can have signed and then framed to display. ;)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good quality photos of the skaters that you can have signed and then framed to display. ;)

That is awesome idea. Where does one get those? There was a lady at US Nationals having pictures signed but she had taken them. My pictures always end up chopping folks heads off.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
That is awesome idea. Where does one get those? There was a lady at US Nationals having pictures signed but she had taken them. My pictures always end up chopping folks heads off.
Perhaps you could find a nice photo online and then get it printed at a shop. I think Walmart (if you're American) still has a photo printing shop inside. That way you can get that professional look

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Maybe you can get a skating magazine or something like that signed? I like a number of Japanese skaters and I have taken to collecting their autographs in my notebook for Japanese. It always makes me delighted to look at them while revising or consulting my notes. Honorific verb forms are much more fun to revise when I have Rika K's autograph below them ;) But that's just me.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Some of the very best quality ones I believe you can buy rights to a copy and then have a high quality print made up for framing.

On the other hand, a friend of mine (mad keen tennis fan) got a print of her favourite done on a fabric carry bag, and takes it with her whenever she goes to matches which is a great talking point and way to meet other fans. I also believe there are online services who will print your choice of picture on a bag.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
On the other hand, a friend of mine (mad keen tennis fan) got a print of her favourite done on a fabric carry bag, and takes it with her whenever she goes to matches which is a great talking point and way to meet other fans. I also believe there are online services who will print your choice of picture on a bag.

I have a flag for my football team with all the signatures of the players on it from the last three years (it replaced my previous flag which had about eight years' worth). It gets to the point where when I show up for fan days the new players get excited to see it because they want to join the others on the flag.

Obviously a flag is impractical for skating, but my flag is one of my most cherished possessions. When we win the premiership, it will be an invaluable reminder of the years it took to get there.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Perhaps you could find a nice photo online and then get it printed at a shop. ...

After getting *permission* from the photographer. :yes:

Some of the very best quality ones I believe you can buy rights to a copy and then have a high quality print made up for framing. ...

Or after purchasing rights to the photo -- as mentioned here.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

You'd have to find a photographer that allows their photos to be purchased. Otherwise, you run copyright issues, please don't just download a photo that's copyrighted, that's a no-no.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hey folks,

My non-Gracie skate is now completely full of signatures, so I have to decide what to have signed next. My options are...flags, skates, autograph books...I love having the skates signed, but skates aren't cheap to buy. Maybe since they are only for signing purposes I can buy ones online. I kind of feel odd about asking the athletes to sign flags, I don't know how they may feel about it and I may not have the right flag. Autograph books are nice but the autographs can't really be displayed. I've seen people have jackets signed - a guy beside me at FOFS had a Salt Lake City Olympics jacket he was getting signed, and there are 2 Canadian ladies who go to every Worlds and have Canada jackets and get them signed..they have super cool signatures on them but of course they can only wear them once a year and don't wash them (I actually discussed this with them, but you should see the signatures they have. One of them even spends the whole year knitting something for each individual skater :yay:)...ideas?

So cool. What about buying used skates and painting them white or a design. Or a picture - maybe an aboriginal print or painting of a figure skater or character that means somethnig to you and have them sign around it, Start your own skating tree and have skaterrs sign the "leaves" that you attach to the tree - 3D or wall hanging. If it is 3D maye you can do some art resin work or whatever on one side and the signature on the other. You could do strips of wood and then eventually make a talbe top out of it. Fabric squares and then as you get more signaturues make a quilt. A tile that you can later seal and use as a tile or

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Only for competition warmup now. I accidentally left it at the rink twice when I was wearing it to regular practices and even though I got it back both times I couldn't bear the thought of losing it.

Oh Karne that is so risky. What if you get a bloody nose when you see your favorite skater or if you perspire/glisten or you walk in to some person with a messy hot dog???

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So cool. What about buying used skates and painting them white or a design. Or a picture - maybe an aboriginal print or painting of a figure skater or character that means somethnig to you and have them sign around it, Start your own skating tree and have skaterrs sign the "leaves" that you attach to the tree - 3D or wall hanging. If it is 3D maye you can do some art resin work or whatever on one side and the signature on the other. You could do strips of wood and then eventually make a talbe top out of it. Fabric squares and then as you get more signaturues make a quilt. A tile that you can later seal and use as a tile or

I LOVE the tree idea. But there'd have to be a Youtube tutorial or something for that one; I don't suppose there is one? Art class kept me from getting straight A's in school I'm afraid.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I also got these signed. Since they are commercial, I assume no copyright issues? ....

https://twitter.com/riverofchange/status/1235028441130364928?s=20

Re your 2017 Skate America "baseball" cards from Lake Placid:

The burden of obtaining photo rights was on whatever official Lake Placid group (LOC? ORDA? Chamber-of-Commerce-type group? I never knew who exactly it was) had the cards printed for the promotional initiative.

The responsibility did/does not belong to individuals like you who acquired the cards as a result of the promotional initiative.​

True, sorry, I should have emphasised that my first paragraph counted when it was any printed item.

No need to apologize :ghug: -- I was giving a nod to you in a positive way that you already had mentioned the procedure of purchasing photos.