Camden Pulkinen | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Camden Pulkinen

16Olympics

On the Ice
I am surprised, I thought he already was in college as he's 22?
He announced earlier in the year that he was going to Columbia University in the Fall. That sets him up nicely to get some studying in while he continues to train and skate. I just read that he intends to train hard through the summer so he has a good base and can concentrate on his studies and train a little less. With his results at World's he'll be busy with competitions and he can get ready for a big opportunity at Nationals, I would guess. Someone needs to hire him for shows. He'd be perfect.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Last edited:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm so happy for Camden. That's probably the best I've seen him skate since he won Juniors. I hope this gives him the confidence going forward.
Yes, it was the best I've seen him skate in the senior ranks. I couldn't be happier, and must admit earlier in the season I surmised it was going to be his last based on results. This competition changed my thinking for sure.

Is he still dating a certain top level skater?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was at the World Championships and actually got to meet Camden and Roman Sadovsky as they were waiting in line at the snack bar during the free dance. I complimented them both and made sure to get their autographs. I mentioned to Camden that I had encouraged him just before he skated and was surprised he did so well. He remembered that and said he was also surprised! Camden was super-nice to interact with and I sincerely hope he has many more pleasantly surprising skates in his future. 😊

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interview with Camden from US FS fanzone.

This fall, Pulkinen will begin studies at Columbia University. During the fall semester, he'll take humanities classes to meet requirements. He plans to take more finance and economics courses in spring 2023.

"I'll be living on campus. I just got approved for housing," Pulkinen said. "And I'll be training at Chelsea Piers [a rink in southern Manhattan]. Tentatively, I'll train in the morning and have classes in the afternoon." He expects to commute via subway between Columbia and Chelsea Piers.

Pulkinen will rely on Johnson's example to help navigate his new schedule. Johnson earned a bachelor's degree in finance during his skating career, and now works on Target's strategy team as a strategic intelligence senior consultant in New York City.

"I'm really excited to have him as a voice in my career. He went through the same process of committing to full-time college and competing internationally. So I think his expertise can help. And he's going to drill me to the bone and work on my spins, turns, and expression," Pulkinen said with a smile. "Alex was one of the best performers in the world. I hope to take some of the qualities he had and bring them into my skating."
Fun tidbit - I spotted his new coach Alex Johnson at Chelsea Piers taking in the ITNY Spring gala performance a couple of months ago. Glad to hear Camden will be working with him while he's studying at Columbia.

Last edited: