Can’t Access Forum? / Marked Read Before Read | Golden Skate

Can’t Access Forum? / Marked Read Before Read

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
So I have two problems here.

First, I’ve been trying to check GS for almost the entire day and while it was working fine this morning, I soon received an error regarding too many redirects when trying to access the forum. The message suggested to clear my cookies, which I did, to no avail. That was on my laptop.

I then attempted to try on my iPad, but I received a “cannot connect to the server” type message - the kind that usually comes when the Wi-Fi is down (but every other website on the internet was working perfectly fine).

I once again tired on my phone to no avail. Then, just now, I randomly thought to open GS in a private tab (since no data is stored) and it finally worked.

I’m just wondering what might be going on here?

The second issue has been going on for a few days now. Whenever I click my notification bell and see “XX replied to the thread YY”, the notification automatically goes away and marks itself as ”read,” despite me not having read the messages. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm having the same issue with the cookies/redirect message this afternoon that @Minz is having. Laptop also.

yesterday

Record Breaker
So I have two problems here.

First, I’ve been trying to check GS for almost the entire day and while it was working fine this morning, I soon received an error regarding too many redirects when trying to access the forum. The message suggested to clear my cookies, which I did, to no avail. That was on my laptop.

I then attempted to try on my iPad, but I received a “cannot connect to the server” type message - the kind that usually comes when the Wi-Fi is down (but every other website on the internet was working perfectly fine).

I once again tired on my phone to no avail. Then, just now, I randomly thought to open GS in a private tab (since no data is stored) and it finally worked.

I’m just wondering what might be going on here?

The second issue has been going on for a few days now. Whenever I click my notification bell and see “XX replied to the thread YY”, the notification automatically goes away and marks itself as ”read,” despite me not having read the messages. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
Changing browser on the same device (not private) did not help or you did not try?

eta: did you use different networks with the different devices?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got the too many redirects page on MacBook Safari and could not get rid of it (clearing history, cache, etc).

Chrome worked fine and other devices with Safari worked fine.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry folks! We were doing work on the server and I forgot to close down the forum! All should be fine now.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If anyone is still having problems, just clear your browser cache and you should be fine!

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
The problem does seem to be fixed now! I am able to access the forum as normal

Thanks!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cleared history after the earlier notice, and even Safari on my MacBook (which had the issue) worked after that :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The forum is a bit slow on my end. It's still getting there, but it's taking a bit of time for things to load.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The forum is a bit slow on my end. It's still getting there, but it's taking a bit of time for things to load.
Have not been able to reproduce this problem. Site seems to be running fine and at a good speed.