Chartrand readies for Grand Prix debut | Golden Skate

Chartrand readies for Grand Prix debut

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada's Alaine Chartrand will make her Grand Prix debut at Skate Canada with a stop first at the US International Figure Skating Classic.

More

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The skater from Prescott, Ont., also gets help from Gary Beacom on her footwork.

“He is always so fun to work with!” said Chartrand. “He is so creative and helps me with unique moves. Most of the time I have no idea how he does the things he does or how he comes up with his ideas, but I love the challenge!”

I am really excited to see what Gary Beacom has done with her footwork! I loved Gary's performances :love:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Press Release after SP:

Chartrand’s program to “La Leyenda del Beso” by Raul di Blasio featured a double Axel, triple Lutz-triple toeloop combination, triple loop and two level-four spins. The Canadian scored 61.18 points, a new seasons best.

“I went out and I tried my best and I’m happy with what I did. Mostly after Skate Canada where I was 7th after the short program and overall, I was looking to improve on that. I really just wanted to have big jumps and clean jumps. I just tried to be relaxed as much as possible to improve on what I did at Skate Canada”, the 18-year-old said.

peg

Medalist
I was shocked (in a good way) when I got up this morning and checked the results and she was first - mostly I think I was shocked that it wasn't Pogo up there. I hope Alaine skates a strong LP and hangs on for a medal.

Ravensque

On the Ice
I was pleasantly surprised after the hype some of the other skaters get. Good for Alaine. I hope she does well in the long and is satisfied with her efforts. She's on the radar now :).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
This is a wonderful result for her. Many weren't even putting her in the Top 5, and now she's the leader going into the free. I hope she does well there and medals. :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I will have go look at the predictions but I am not sure anyone really had her in the top five. I wish her well. I wonder what Osmond is thinking; she still can't even spin or jump and her competitor in her own nation eeks out a triple lutze triple toe.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I didn't see the competition live but when I woke up, I was shocked to see she was in first place over Anna P. et al! I watched the program and I thought it was good!

peg

Medalist
I will have go look at the predictions but I am not sure anyone really had her in the top five. I wish her well. I wonder what Osmond is thinking; she still can't even spin or jump and her competitor in her own nation eeks out a triple lutze triple toe.
I went and looked, just because... :p A lot of people had her 5th, 13 had her 4th, and one person had her 3rd.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It looks like if Osmond heals, we'll have three great Canadian ladies fighting it out for the title in 2015. :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Nice (wish we could watch "Canadians" in our area every January)! I think we got to see Alaine @ the Liberty Summer Competition (can't get used to calling it the Philadelphia Summer Competition yet). I was very impressed with her GP debut. Hope she does well in the free skate.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't see the competition live but when I woke up, I was shocked to see she was in first place over Anna P. et al! I watched the program and I thought it was good!

Same here! Well, I was in my organic chemistry lab/getting ready for school when it happened. So I think I was on my way to grab a bite to eat for lunch afterwards when I saw the score. I saw her name on the top and I was ecstatic!!! :D

And she won 3rd at the CoR!!!! YAY!!!!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats Alaine!!!!! Fantastic result. If she had nailed her opening combo as she often does she would have even gotten silver! :clap:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
She should have gotten silver to begin with. Her jumps at Rostelecom were better than Pogorilaya's and her spins were too.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Wasn't Alaine supposed to have a 3A in her program this year?

Not this year, I believe after Skate Canada she said she's not bringing it to competition, she's tried at regional competitions in Canada apparently but they were underrorated