Conrad Orzel | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Conrad Orzel

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So proud of "my son" Conrad. I wish all the contributors to his thread would chime in... long time no see folks (you know who you are!)

Bravo Conrad on two well skated programs !

Only man to land two quads in the SP.
I was nervous after the SP because 86 points and being second last to skate = new experiences for him.

I am glad that he managed to control his LP, even if that meant tripling some of the planned quads. The stroking has improved a lot, the spins too. I command Conrad for making the big move to Ravi. He certainly deserved the care and attention Ravi could provide him.

I am looking forward to seeing him at 4CC, and hopefully he can build on his silver at Nationals.
Also, I wish he had been named to worlds right away though I understand Skate Canada's strategy here. May Conrad keep improving at every outing and earn his spot. I wish him a good score too so he can earn two GPs on his own for next year.

Bravo again Conrad. Your fans are delighted by your commitment and your work. The steady progress is exciting to witness ! It shows how someone passionate and dedicated can find the proper focus to get better and better.

:cheer2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Very happy with Conrad's fight in the LP and his selection for 4CC. I hope this boosts his confidence ! He has improved so much. His spins were very nice. His overall skating too. He just needs to trust his jumping ability. He jumps so high and rotates very fast. He can do it all !

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
That is why Conrad needs more opportunities to compete in challenger and senior B events. He needs to learn how to deal with the impact of the nerves and extra adrenaline. He cannot practice dealing with it without going to international competitions because it is impossible to recreate the feel of such an event.