Daria Panenkova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
Has Dasha done this in a competition? Can't recall seeing her doing 2A with 2 arms up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGdU5tmXSuk#t=2m15s

Dasha is a great perfectionist, and she always performs only those elements in competitions in which she is completely sure of 100%... Yes, Daria was the first skater who performed a double axel with both arms up in practice... Maybe we'll see same her version of this jump, but this season Dasha didn't try this 2A variant.

lbamda

On the Ice
Today (at a Grand Prix stage in Gdansk after SP) Dasha had a broadcasting through Instagram from which it was possible to learn that:

1) Dasha lives in a room together with Alyona Kostornaya.
2) Dasha very much worried before the program and at the beginning to jumps, has calmed down only on flip.
3) Unlike Alyona Kostornaya hasn't gone on to a dinner.
4) Dasha very much likes Igor Efimchuk's SP and especially his axel.
5) Alyona Kostornaya confusedly apologized to Dasha for 1 place after SP on what Dasha has told - "Why you then have gone to competitions if you apologize for 1 place?"

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm really glad that they have such a good relationship for being competitors... And it sounds like Dasha has the right mindset to competition. As her second JGP assignment, she doesn't have to work to get another. I liked both of their programs, so great for them!

UnNamed

On the Ice
I feel embarassment every time i see her in K&C.
She seems like she doesn't full believe in herself.
And that redhead doesn't help her at all, he even seems annoyed.

icetug

Medalist
OK, one more Eteri girl. Backpacked program. Overused rippons. Boring! And what a choice of music for a junior lady, hallo, don't you remember Lambiel's magnificent EX, don't you know Costner took that piece for her SP this season?
That was me after Daria's FS in Riga, where I saw her for the first time.
And then she was shown in K&C, where she seemed to be so lonely (come on, Mr Coach, a total stranger would give her much more comfort than you). And sad. And... vulnerable?
So I didn't know what to expect when I went to see ladies' free skating in Gdansk. Is she an ugly duck of Eteri group, with a random program that doesn't suit her? Or maybe she is just oversensitive?
And now I know. I was totally mistaken. She is a fighter. She is fast, determined, well concentrated. She is daring. She can sell any program just because she is able to create a bond between her and audience - something that is unfortunately lost in TV transmission. And - she is also sensitive, what enables her to perform her emotionally difficult program.
In short: she has personality, what isn't very common for such a young girl. Believe it helps her in her career. Fingers crossed!

LoveSkater

On the Ice
Country
Russia
NEWS - Dasha has been injured. Bone fracture. She skated SP and FS winth pain
Source - Dasha's ask.fm and instagram live stream

atsumiri

Record Breaker
NEWS - Dasha has been injured. Bone fracture. She skated SP and FS winth pain
Source - Dasha's ask.fm and instagram live stream

yes, she injured her leg on the warm-up right before her SP (when she was doing 1F). She didn't know that it was more serious than just one unfortunate jump.
But she said it's not that serious. She won't miss JGPF. And they will take this cast off on Friday.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
yes, she injured her leg on the warm-up right before her SP (when she was doing 1F). She didn't know that it was more serious than just one unfortunate jump.
But she said it's not that serious. She won't miss JGPF. And they will take this cast off on Friday.

That's reassuring to know. Wishing her a speedy recovery and am looking forward to seeing her in December.