Dead Peacock? | Golden Skate

Dead Peacock?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I was in Little Italy, San Diego and then went on a week cruise to the Mexican Riviera and havent watched TV. I came home last night after 10 days and tried to watch Peacock. All the skating bookmarks were gone. All the Skating seems to have disappreared somewhere...its not even listed in the sports Icons anymore....just speed skating....all I could find using the search feature laboriously typing in through the Roku hunt and peck system was the NBC nightly coverage and with many skaters cut out. And under "Olympics" there is just a bunch of clips and fluff.
There must be something I am missing here....I am wondering if I go to Peacock on my desk top with a real keyboard and I find out the correct way to search for "Olympics skating singles Womens Free", book mark it, and then log out and go to my big screen and log in and look for the book mark that way?????

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was in Little Italy, San Diego and then went on a week cruise to the Mexican Riviera and havent watched TV. I came home last night after 10 days and tried to watch Peacock. All the skating bookmarks were gone. All the Skating seems to have disappreared somewhere...its not even listed in the sports Icons anymore....just speed skating....all I could find using the search feature laboriously typing in through the Roku hunt and peck system was the NBC nightly coverage and with many skaters cut out. And under "Olympics" there is just a bunch of clips and fluff.
There must be something I am missing here....I am wondering if I go to Peacock on my desk top with a real keyboard and I find out the correct way to search for "Olympics skating singles Womens Free", book mark it, and then log out and go to my big screen and log in and look for the book mark that way?????
Please see this thread post for a link to alternative viewing

princessalica

Final Flight
I contacted them today. This was our exchange.
  • Unfortunately, Figure skating is not currently available on Peacock. We are always looking to expand our content offerings and hope to continue carrying titles like this one on our platform moving forward. Please continue to check back for updates.
    Sagar

8:51 AM
  • When did that happen?
    8:52 AM
  • We are constantly updating the content available on Peacock depending on our viewer requirement as well as the trend.
    Sagar

• It had been until recently. Peacock Premium took over for icenetwork.

• I then told them that many figure skating fans would be upset. I'm really annoyed that they just pulled it with no notice!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I contacted them today. This was our exchange.
  • Unfortunately, Figure skating is not currently available on Peacock. We are always looking to expand our content offerings and hope to continue carrying titles like this one on our platform moving forward. Please continue to check back for updates.
    Sagar

8:51 AM
  • When did that happen?
    8:52 AM
  • We are constantly updating the content available on Peacock depending on our viewer requirement as well as the trend.
    Sagar

• It had been until recently. Peacock Premium took over for icenetwork.

• I then told them that many figure skating fans would be upset. I'm really annoyed that they just pulled it with no notice!
So basically US fans are on their own now for finding streaming services for skating?

Ross74

Medalist
There are some tiles up on Peacock for Synchro later this week. I saw them but I don't remember where.
edited. I got to them by just scrolling through the events under Sports.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
So no World's coverage?!?! How smarmy after we paid to get coverage of Figure Skating.

sjchilly

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I subscribed to the Peacock to watch Olympic figure skating. I did watch the entire team and men's events live. I watched most of the ice dance too. Because of the time change I only watched what NBC broadcast of the pairs and ladies. I was planning to go back and watch these in there entirety without Tara and Johnny but now I guess my change is gone.

sjchilly

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I also wanted to re-watch some of the U.S. National events on Peacock before my subscription expired on March 8th. I guess I didn't read the fine print that said any content could be removed at anytime. 📺

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So it appears that we in the US won't get to watch Worlds. I just paid my yearly subscription to Peacock and now there's no figureskating. Time to demand a refund.................

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Can you all hold your horses please and wait until closer to the event. They pulled the freaking controversial Olympic stuff with Russia and also, due to the music lawsuit.

Just give them time to set up for Worlds. If they're a week out from the event and still nothing then by all means resume running around screaming and crying.

BTW: There's ALWAYS a online stream posted on this forum somewhere. You will not miss Worlds (if they even happen at this point).

Last edited:

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Can you all hold your horses please and wait until closer to the event. They pulled the freaking controversial Olympic stuff with Russia and also, due to the music lawsuit.

Just give them time to set up for Worlds. If they're a week out from the event and still nothing then by all means resume running around screaming and crying.

BTW: There's ALWAYS a online stream posted on this forum somewhere. You will not miss Worlds (if they even happen at this point).
It wasn't just Olympics though. They pulled all of US Nationals. They pulled Skate America. They pulled 4CC and Europeans. And they pulled last year's Worlds. Previously they always had all content up for a year.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It wasn't just Olympics though. They pulled all of US Nationals. They pulled Skate America. They pulled 4CC and Europeans. And they pulled last year's Worlds. Previously they always had all content up for a year.
if any of those competitions included the music in question then that makes sense. The others they may have pulled out of safety reasons or as a buffer, or just to make more freaking room for upcoming competitions. Maybe we'll all get lucky and NBC will lose their contract to skating and it will go to a better network.:slink:

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just noticed that the Olympic Channel has all of Four Continents and Europeans on this week. In fact, right now they are finishing showing US Nationals pairs competition.

auser

Record Breaker
So it appears that we in the US won't get to watch Worlds. I just paid my yearly subscription to Peacock and now there's no figureskating. Time to demand a refund.................
For what it is worth https://www.ifsmagazine.com/2022-world-championships/ says Peacock Premium will live stream all World Figure Skating Championships events. Stroll towards the bottom of the page to see it.