Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 134 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

icetug

Medalist
I'm most like Stephane now, anxious for Deniss :drama:
1. Deniss visited the garden wearing a warm coat and a hat while Camden wore just a t-shirt.
2. He seemed to be in good shape but sweated a lot during the practice.
So I just pray Deniss feels good and has no health problems :pray:
(and I don't like his body language in these photos... Please calm me down telling I'm oversensitive...)

Fingers crossed for the best performance tonight. Good luck Deniss!!! :cheer:

DenissVFan

Medalist
I'm most like Stephane now, anxious for Deniss :drama:
1. Deniss visited the garden wearing a warm coat and a hat while Camden wore just a t-shirt.
2. He seemed to be in good shape but sweated a lot during the practice.
So I just pray Deniss feels good and has no health problems :pray:
(and I don't like his body language in these photos... Please calm me down telling I'm oversensitive...)

Fingers crossed for the best performance tonight. Good luck Deniss!!! :cheer:

It seems to be pretty cold in Kelowna even during the day, so I'd wear a coat too: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/49.89,-119.50?par=google&temp=c

DenissVFan

Medalist
The first thing I did in the morning was to check the protocols and I am so relieved because I had a dream that Deniss got 64 points :O 84 points, that's more like it! Now I need to watch the performance :)

icetug

Medalist
Who would have said a month ago that Deniss' best jump would be 3A ;)
Congratulations on PB in SP. Keep going and be careful of boards and cameramen!:cheer:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm back on GS after a long break. Nice job on your SP today, Deniss! I LOVE the program and I have a feeling it will only get better with time!!! :yay: There are many nice details in the choreography. Deniss's main problem today was getting too close to the boards. :laugh: It's a nice problem to have, in my book. Patrick Chan had that problem often too.

Dang, that's so close! Deniss and Nam are tied for 3rd. The FS will be very interesting indeed. Can Deniss get on the podium? I hope so. :)

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Is there a link for his FS?

I've seen his SP and I really enjoy Deniss' musicality and expressions. He is such a talent artistically and I loved that smile at the end of the program. Congratulations for a new PB. :cheer: May he incorporate quads in his programs and he can definitely be on top with the top men. :pray::hap10:

icetug

Medalist
First: congratulation on the 5th place - which is the best GP result as yet :clap:
Second: more trust in yourself :)
Third: more mountain trekking can help to increase stamina. Just mention ;)

OK, not so good skating as SP, but still very well - considered that in spite of undergraded 4T and pops his performance was very fluid. He was visibly tired towards the end (and he admited it himself in K&C). I'm glad his 3A+3T is stabile as well as 3Lz-Eu-3S. Good job!

DenissVFan

Medalist
I haven't watched the FS yet but I woke up at around 5 am and before going back to sleep I made sure to check the protocols. Oh these popped jumps! But no falls and no zayaks :) Congratulations on the highest placement on the GP circuit :) And apparently Deniss has been invited to the gala, so we'll see Bloodstream again :)

DiamondDust

Final Flight
O, I was sure ISU geoblocked only the stream. Well, try this one: https://ok.ru/video/1674049686191?fromTime=4105

Oh thank you!

Too bad for those popped jumps, I do hope he gets to fix these technical issues. However, I do like how passionate this performance was. Good job Deniss!!:love:

I wonder what was he and Stephane discussing at the K&C, I heard Deniss mention about technical points and Stephane says something about the music?

icetug

Medalist
I wonder what was he and Stephane discussing at the K&C, I heard Deniss mention about technical points and Stephane says something about the music?

Here is the part of their K&C dialogue: https://twitter.com/Noirsylph/status/1188358457696473090

I'm not sure if I think correctly, but possibly Deniss relays too much on the music he's been hearing during the performance (I remember the problem at IdF (?) last year when he didn't hear the music at the end of his FS and lost the moment he should start/end the last spin). So maybe he should try to do it Yuzuru's way - knowing by heart every note (that's why Yuzu can still perform to the note while almost anybody can't hear it due to clapping and the overall cheering noise). Visualisation might help as well. Well, maybe Deniss knows and does it, Stephane told he had elephant's memory ;)

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Thank you for sharing. :)

Oh! So there goes the main problem. I do hope for Deniss to be able to find that balance of TES and Artistry just like Yuzu or Rika does, because I'm sure he is capable of that (He can jump quads but like he feels distracted because he seem to lose his focus on his performance?).
Cheering for you Deniss and I'm sure many others see great potential in you!!!:ghug:

DenissVFan

Medalist
His 3A-3T was really nice. Most of his jumps were solid. I'm mostly relieved to see that his 3A is way better than last year :) I hope he can get this quad from downgraded to at least underrotated (I think he landed an underrotated – not downgraded – quad with a foot down last year at Ice Star). But first I'd like him to land his other jumps clean again, which I think is possible in the nearest future :) The quad will be the icing on the cake.

fourthdimension

On the Ice
I think what Stéphane was saying made sense - if part of Deniss’ problem is thinking too much, trusting the music and focusing on the performance would let him trust his muscle memory. That would help with the lutz at least. As would stamina!