Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 137 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
That opening axel gave me a little bit of a fright but he really fought after that. Overall it was a really decent performance save for the two 3A, which we've seen him nail this season. No pops (apart from the quad, but it was a good decision to go for a 3T here), no zayaks. The placement is lower than in Canada but the score is much higher. 241.09 is a pretty good score and would have placed him higher at other events. I was hoping for something in the 230s so it even exceeded my expectations for this GP.

Deniss, listen to Stephane and "trust yourself" ;) You can land these jumps :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
It looks like he was skipped over for the gala, though :sad21: Unexpected, considering his placement and how many fans made it known they were there for him.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It looks like he was skipped over for the gala, though :sad21: Unexpected, considering his placement and how many fans made it known they were there for him.

It makes me sad that he will not be at the gala. He is such a showman.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I wonder whether the fact that his Ex number would have been Two Men In Love was the problem, in Russia. :( But even if so, us fans would have been more than happy to see the Assassin's Creed or Lion King again... :sad21:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's always a pleasure to see Deniss. I'm so sorry he won't be in the gala. :sad4: I'm assuming I'll see him at Worlds.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I wonder whether the fact that his Ex number would have been Two Men In Love was the problem, in Russia. :( But even if so, us fans would have been more than happy to see the Assassin's Creed or Lion King again... :sad21:

It crossed my mind too that TMIL was the reason because there's no other logical explanation. I'll be forever bitter about it :( I hope that he can skate whatever programmes and exhibitions he pleases without censorship at the remaining competitions.

icetug

Medalist
On a more positive note, it looks like there was a fan meeting with Deniss :)

I believe the organizers give us a full video/transcript from the meeting as Deniss' fan club in Russia has been always such generous :thank:

Deniss was asked to draw on a board what would he remember the most from the Rostelecom. Here it is. :laugh2:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think all his hiking is paying off. He was not winded at all. He did not slow down, his speed was great across both programs.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Wait, I'm confused. I didn't get to watch skate canada, but the sp at COR wasn't the one he performed at SC, and isn't his regular sp? And the song listed is wrong too? Could someone help me out here :laugh:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deniss announced two SPs at the beginning of the year: Two Men in Love and Bloodstream.

He has skated TMIL more this season, I believe, although perhaps more dedicated fans can confirm this? I have heard only speculation as to why he would not skate TMIL at Rostelecom. AFAIK, Deniss has said nothing.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Deniss announced two SPs at the beginning of the year: Two Men in Love and Bloodstream.

He has skated TMIL more this season, I believe, although perhaps more dedicated fans can confirm this? I have heard only speculation as to why he would not skate TMIL at Rostelecom. AFAIK, Deniss has said nothing.

Oh, that's interesting that he announced two short programs.
Thanks for the info!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Aif2BIxND/?igshid=14kbkhktr9qyr

My photocollection of yesterdays Fanmeeting... Philiosopher at work ;-)
there will be better pictures coming soon.. mine were only taken with my very old iphone...
still it gives you quite a good impression about how passionatly he was talking!

Yay the pics from the meeting! :thank: :luv17: Was he talking about cooking? :laugh: I must say he is at his the most intense best when he discusses the culinary culture :party2:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Yay the pics from the meeting! :thank: :luv17: Was he talking about cooking? :laugh: I must say he is at his the most intense best when he discusses the culinary culture :party2:

yea he was discussing cooking quite a bit... that was more towards the end and got really funny because he joked about cooking with/ for Chris and Stéph ane and how different their styles/tastes are... but as I also only understood it because of my very nice neighbour who translated for me we will have to wait for the English transcript to completely get those jokes.

The longest part he discussed his fantasy world. Appartently he has a whole book/story in his mind that has already 12 chapters that is located in this world!
My translator gave up after a while translating this for me any detailed so the I took pictures so most of these pictures are from there... 😂☺️