Donovan Carrillo | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i hope he lands and rotates everything tomorrow and jumps in the next warm up group

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
PB is great but i so wish he had made the penultimate group.... would have helped with getting the minimum FS TES for worlds.

Still... fingers crossed for him to kick engine!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy for Donovan:cheer: he could not have skated that program much better, and seeing him so happy after the skate was a joy.

Fingers and everything else crossed for the FS; you can do it, Donovan!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy that his 3A seemed to be so solid, and he really went into it with confidence!

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
I’m so happy for Donovan, he did so well at this competition! :)

Also, is there any way he can get the TES minimums for Worlds? I’m not really experienced in this type of stuff. He missed them by 0.2 points, is there any international competition before Worlds where he can get the minimum?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
There are a couple of international competitions recognized by ISU (= the points will count towards the WC) before the Worlds, there is a slight chance that he can participate and go for the required level, but since the entries have deadlines (plus the budget of the team to travel...) so I am not quite sure he can do that... here goes praying...

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
So proud of this boy for landing his triple axels in competition :hap10:

I can't believe he missed that Worlds spot by so little :( but anyway, even if he doesn't get to go this year, it's great to see how he keeps getting better at each competition.

And who knows? Maybe next season he'll add a quad to his programs :rock:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Just watched the gala and I have to admit I was a bit confused by Donovan's ex :p

The music was kind of all over the place and not everything matched with the Mariachi theme/charro costume.

It was still fun to watch though :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Realized that I had not posted.

So happy for Donovan's skates and his reliable 3As. He makes more fans every time he skates. :clap: So very bummed he did not get Worlds FS minimums:sad21:

And yes, that music and the charro costume made an interesting combination:laugh:But the organizers knew enough to invite Donovan to the gala!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

MGstyle

Medalist
--Donovan at the Finale I think he was determined to get a photo with Yuzu and Madison https://twitter.com/hwtr_2/status/1226873826572587008?s=20 :biggrin:

The "success!!" grin of Donovan vs. Yuzu and Madison looking at each other like "what are we going to do with this little boy out of control?" :laugh2::rofl: Of course he happily and adorably gets away with it just because he is Donovan, pretty much the same as your cat occupying your spot on the couch or your pillow on the bed :peace:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'd like to say something cute or funny about Donovan but Evan Bates is keeping distracting me :laugh::laugh:

MGstyle

Medalist
:hap93::party2::cheer::hap10: Awesome news, suerte Donovan!!!! Tu puedes!!!!!!!!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Trust the CC people to completely ignore their deadline for entries (which was nearly a month ago, I think).
For which I couldn’t be happier! :love: