Donovan Carrillo | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:thank::thank::thank:

I cannot wait to see that SP when he has things together again. He has some of the best feet and movement on the ice in mens field.
I feel like something just wasn't feeling right to him in the SP, you (I) could tell he was "cold", and I'm thinking they may also be tweaking his jump technique or something with the new coaching. Either way, I always look forward to seeing him skate! :)

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Respect from Yebin Mok for Donovan's accomplishments yesterday

(Yebin is a former US competitor and pro who, I think (?), lives in the UK.)

Yes, Yebin was a potential breakout ladies skater for the US in the early 2000's. Sadly, mental health and disordered eating caused her early retirement. :(

She's with Holiday on Ice now as a Pro. :biggrin:

Skati

Rinkside
Congratulations. I see a lot of progress. He seems smoother on the ice. Still work to be done tech wise, but I understand that will take time and practice. Also I notice he keeps changing choreagraphy around on some parts. Keeps the programs fresh. Proud of Donovan.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan confirms:

1. He competed the entire comp in borrowed skates and costumes.:eek2:

2. Oliver P. lent him the skates. What a 👑 king Oliver was.

3. Donovan is NOT happy with British Airways and Logan Air. Says they were no help

Instagram translate:

After a short journey and too many mixed emotions the competition ends in 2nd place with a great taste in the mouth. If someone had told me I would race on borrowed skates and competition suits I would have been hard to believe. First of all, I'd like to thank @oliver_praetorius for lending me their skates because without their support and trust I wouldn't even be able to compete. It takes a big heart to do what he did and it’s something not just anyone would have done. Thank you so much, Oliver!

Thank you @jonathanhuntermills for encouraging me to see the bright side and motivating me to try, @julietajuanz for helping me land in this situation and telling me what I needed to hear to fight for it all.

Huge thanks to the organizing committee for all their attention and help in finding a competition suit.

Thank you @conadeoficial and @femepashidi for being aware of the whole situation.

And thanks to all of you who follow my career closely, in you I find a great strength to give my best on the ice rinks @perhaps_donovan @donovan_carrillo_fanbase

And for all athletes and travelers, be extra careful when flying with @flyloganair and @british_airways make no effort to respond or try to help you find a solution

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I watching something else in Youtube that there is an episode from Mexicanicos where Donovan was feature (I think that was before the coaching change):

The car looks sweet (just put the settings to English in the caption)

Thanks for linking. I only just started, but this looks really different and interesting.

This appears to be a show that helps remodel or fix up cars for people, is that correct. (I love the play on words in Mexicanicos). Can you tell us if this is a popular show in Mexico?

Marirue

On the Ice
Thanks for linking. I only just started, but this looks really different and interesting.

This appears to be a show that helps remodel or fix up cars for people, is that correct. (I love the play on words in Mexicanicos). Can you tell us if this is a popular show in Mexico?
I'm not a Spanish speaker but I have a feeling based on the Youtube search that the said show is part of Discovery Turbo Latinoamérica which is fairly popular not just in Mexico.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So.good to see Donovan, or should I say sparkly Donovan?! He still has that Donovan charm and 1000 watt smile. Keep pluggin away at those jumps.

Thx for posting that link.