Double Loop | Golden Skate

Double Loop

BrooklynVilla

Spectator
Country
United-States
I'm pretty consistent (60-70%) with this jump but one major technical problem I struggle with is fully jumping off my toe pick and landing on my toes. I tend to land on the back of my blade which causes me to either step-out, or I land (sometimes on a DEEP outside edge) it but my coaches are warning me that it will cause a lot of stress on my heel.
Anyway, I'm just wondering if you guys had any ideas for how I can accelerate this learning process of using my toe pick in this jump. (As my axel, double saw, and double toe are like 99% consistent and my double flip is getting more consistent every day).
I've been doing a bunch of ankle exercises and rising to my toe on and off-ice and a bunch of double loop rotation practices as well, so I guess I just want to know if this will just be a practice of patience test or a particular trick that has helped one of you.
I'm a very analytical person and my coaches explain it well on the reasons, why, and how to correctly execute the jump but my brain is not processing this like it does for other elements😵‍💫
Anyway, I'm rambling, loops are my arch-nemesis, and any advice is appreciated!
Many thanks!

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
It’s hard to know exactly what you mean with out seeing it but if you’re landing on your back heel or deep edge it sounds like your either leaning a bit too much back in the air and or your shoulder is dropping on your landing side and you’re not checking out.

mskater93

Record Breaker
It’s hard to know exactly what you mean with out seeing it but if you’re landing on your back heel or deep edge it sounds like your either leaning a bit too much back in the air and or your shoulder is dropping on your landing side and you’re not checking out.
Or it's short rotation

mskater93

Record Breaker
Landing back on the heel/deep exit edge can be an indication of short rotation, poor air position (leaning too far to the jumping side, not being tall over the jumping side...), disorganized or non-tight air position, or a combination thereof