Toe Pick on MK Professional Lite blades | Golden Skate

Toe Pick on MK Professional Lite blades

katkk

Spectator
Hi everyone, for some context I’m an adult skater working on single jumps and have been skating with Edea Chorus boots and MK Pro Lite blades for almost a year.
When I first got my set up my spins instantly got a lot better and I wasn’t really focusing on learning beyond Salchow/Toe Loop for a bit so I wasn’t really focusing progressing my jumps. Recently, I have been working really hard to land my loop and flip but have been in a big slump with them for a few months now! Looking at videos of my attempts it looks like I have a big issue with rolling onto and using my toe pick, I’ve noticed this in my attempts of some toe steps too and I had a pretty bad fall recently from my toe pick slipping out from under me.

I guess I’m wondering if anyone else has had issues with using or feeling the toe pick of these blades, I know they’re supposed to be suitable for doubles but I’m not sure what else could be causing these issues and whether I should consider trying different blades or it’s just user error and there’s something I can do to improve that. I was also a dancer for many years and have good arches so I’m really stumped about why I’m having such issues with rolling onto the toe!

Appreciate any insight or advice!