Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

kauh888

Rinkside
Interesting. In the two months since the split, Elena doesn't post anything about her new sitch on instagram. All the pics seem to be from other people. But then SK come back and all these pics with Ruslan and today her instagram seems to be Anna Yanovskaya day.
What's the problem with posting pictures with friends and your partner that you train quite extensively with? Tons of teens and young adults (and older..) take selfies and photos just about 24/7. Just by the sheer amount of time she spends with Ruslan, the relative percentage of how many times he's going to appear in her photos compared to others and friends is high.

I think it's actually pretty smart of Elena to be posting photos of her and Ruslan. Since they probably are wanting to wait a little bit and polish more before they show off an actual ice dance piece (which I support and laud, even though I as a fan am dying to see some video ;) ), photos of her and Ruslan together are a) nice for the fans, who want to know a little bit about how training and their new partnership going, b) shows that Elena and Ruslan are getting along together, and c) a way of showing them together as a team. Elena's pretty good at this social media PR stuff.

kauh888

Rinkside
Well Lena spoke respectably about Nikita in her last interview and some raked her over the coals for it. They went to the ball and it is clearly seen from the videos that Nikita completely iced her out. On leaving the stage with Plushy she looked to be on the point of tears. At the ball to collect their rings Nikita was given every opportunity to give a classy statement in this regard, even Victoria and neither of them took it. If Lena comes forward again, it may be seen as her taking advantage again of the situation to suit her own ends.

I agree with you though that something should be said. What I imagine is that I/Z's group is giving S/K room and time to do this themselves as it would help THEIR PR IMMENSELY. However if this is not done closer to rentals I expect Lena to set these matters straight. She just appears to be the more savvy of the two. No offense intended.
I agree. Nikita and/or Victoria making a nice statement about Elena and Ruslan would be good for S/K's PR image. I don't think they've said anything in public, right? A lot of people I've heard from seem to have the impression that S/K are the "bad" people in the scenario because they broke up their partnerships and left Elena and Ruslan in the cold for a while. And haven't said too much publicly as a justification. I doubt S/K will ever explain why they made the choice, but it would help soften the image if they publicly acknowledge that their past partnerships were good and (especially I/K, olympic bronze medal!) accomplished so much together I think.

Elena has to be careful about talking just the right amount about the subject to garner support for I/Z as a new partnership but not overdo it, because if she brings up the issue too much (especially when S/K refuse to talk about it), people can interpret it as her being bitter about the split or unhappy about her current partnership with Ruslan, or a bunch of negative things, etc. etc.

shine

Record Breaker
Why shouldn't she be bitter? I would. Not talking about it or not saying anything negative about it would be truly classy, but bringing it up or even complaining about the situation would still be totally acceptable under this circumstance.

I think it's actually pretty smart of Elena to be posting photos of her and Ruslan. Since they probably are wanting to wait a little bit and polish more before they show off an actual ice dance piece (which I support and laud, even though I as a fan am dying to see some video ;) ), photos of her and Ruslan together are a) nice for the fans, who want to know a little bit about how training and their new partnership going, b) shows that Elena and Ruslan are getting along together, and c) a way of showing them together as a team...

I agree! I think it's a sensible way for her and Ruslan to show themselves as a team and what they're up to (vaca, training, camp, etc.) without showing any of their skating before they're ready to debut it. To me, it's just pictures; and I'm happy to see them. :yay:

Personally, I think she gave her interview about Nikita in said interview; and now it seems she's trying to be in her current partnership. People wanted an interview; and she gave as classy of one as you can in that situation imo. It's like you can't win for loosing... :rolleye: There will always be haters

Also with regards to the VK groups, that's like thinking I/Z and S/K should wield control over what people say on here, on tumblr, etc. That just isn't realistic - people can and do say whatever online...and they've got more important things to worry about, like their skating.

Alba

Record Breaker
Why shouldn't she be bitter? I would. Not talking about it or not saying anything negative about it would be truly classy, but bringing it up or even complaining about the situation would still be totally acceptable under this circumstance.

What is done is done now, no need to bring the argument again. She already gave the interview and it was a very good one.
Bringing it up and complain it's the worse thing she could do. All she'll achieve will be to give S&K the spotlight (and they do not deserve that) and she will sound a sour loser and still thinking about him while starting a new partnership.
Move one, work hard and win. That should be her motto now. ;)

kauh888

Rinkside
Another cute picture of Elena and Ruslan that she posted today! http://instagram.com/p/o3rx32KBmH/

I agree with Alba. She should be and is focused on her training and current partnership with Ruslan. Talking about it isn't going to do anything constructive, and I don't even know if Nikita wanted to pair up with Elena again whether she would (and I hope for her sake she wouldn't if that were the scenario from a personal standpoint at least).

Another cute picture of Elena and Ruslan that she posted today! http://instagram.com/p/o3rx32KBmH/

I agree with Alba. She should and probably is focused on her training and current partnership with Ruslan. Talking about it isn't going to do anything constructive, and I don't even know if Nikita wanted to pair up with Elena again whether she would (and I hope for her sake she wouldn't if that were the scenario from a personal standpoint at least).

Ohh, yes - I saw that pic!! :yay: And I agree with everything you just said

sisinka

Medalist
Interesting. In the two months since the split, Elena doesn't post anything about her new sitch on instagram. All the pics seem to be from other people. But then SK come back and all these pics with Ruslan and today her instagram seems to be Anna Yanovskaya day.

That is not right. Since the split Lena herself posted many pictures on her social net, it was about 13 pictures with Ruslan, some picture with Ruslan only, there were also some pictures which appeared on the Russian Forum and it was visible that Lena is doing them having phone in hand. I would say that Lena looks very satisfied since she started to skate with Ruslan and because she always loved to be on the spotlight, she makes many photos of herself and with Ruslan, where she looks to be in great mood.

Both Ruslan and Nikita don't look like the fans of public social nets, but while Ruslan posted some picture with Lena and twitted articles and page with photos from practise, Nikita didn't post anything with Victoria until photoshoot with Russian photographer two days ago. I don't think that this would mean anything serious, just I am surprised that in situation like this Lena looks much more satisfied than Nikita. And I don't believe that it is Lena's game. If you have sparkles in your eyes, than you are hardly playing something.

bramweld

Record Breaker
That is not right. Since the split Lena herself posted many pictures on her social net, it was about 13 pictures with Ruslan, some picture with Ruslan only, there were also some pictures which appeared on the Russian Forum and it was visible that Lena is doing them having phone in hand. I would say that Lena looks very satisfied since she started to skate with Ruslan and because she always loved to be on the spotlight, she makes many photos of herself and with Ruslan, where she looks to be in great mood.

Both Ruslan and Nikita don't look like the fans of public social nets, but while Ruslan posted some picture with Lena and twitted articles and page with photos from practise, Nikita didn't post anything with Victoria until photoshoot with Russian photographer two days ago. I don't think that this would mean anything serious, just I am surprised that in situation like this Lena looks much more satisfied than Nikita. And I don't believe that it is Lena's game. If you have sparkles in your eyes, than you are hardly playing something.

Precisely, for the first in a long time, Lena really looks to be happy and genuinely so.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have a feeling this season will gonna be very very good for this team. :biggrin: