Eun-Soo Lim | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I don't even understand why they dug it up again. This "problem" seemed solved to me so it's totally unnecessary to talk about it AGAIN. Some people certainly feel a great need to talk about such nonesense -.-. Best for the mental health of the people who were actually involved :(.

I agree. I just hate how TSL is making it seem like the new Tonya vs. Nancy saga when it's just an incident that was blown out of proportion.

iamSkylar

Rinkside
Did you guys already hear what adam rippon said about eunsoo on TSL ?

https://youtu.be/vXG9HJkr1Vs it s started at 8:50

He’s barely at the rink and I’m appalled at such quick and passionate dismissal of EunSoo’s report of alleged bullying at the rink just because he is friends with the other skater.

The management company is EunSoo’s mouthpiece and would not have made up such damning allegation, nor would they have spoken up without EunSoo and her mom’s report and consent on that matter.

It was wrong of the Korean netizens to send death threats to Mariah and their actions didn’t help EunSoo’s case.

But the fact is that EunSoo left RAF and the rink soon after world’s And is still with her management company. If bullying allegations were false and her management company lied and spread falsehood in a situation that would only harm her, why would she leave the rink and stay with the management company harmed her, especially when there are many other sports agencies/management companies?

I stopped supporting Rippon the moment he inserted himself and made EunSoo the bad guy. That he dredged this up after things have calmed just puts bad tasted in my mouth.

Plisskin

Medalist
I wouldn't go so far to say Eunsoo was or wasn't lying. No one really knows what happened. Her management company never provided proof even though they promised they would after Worlds which was wrong, especially after the international attention this received that resulted in Mariah being harassed/ having her name tarnished. But I do think Adam should have just continued to let this die. It wasn't right to bring it up again. Both should continue to focus on this season.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
I wouldn't go so far to say Eunsoo was or wasn't lying. No one really knows what happened. Her management company never provided proof even though they promised they would after Worlds which was wrong, especially after the international attention this received that resulted in Mariah being harassed/ having her name tarnished. But I do think Adam should have just continued to let this die. It wasn't right to bring it up again. Both should continue to focus on this season.

Yeah they didn’t provide proof because there wasn’t any. She should’ve dropped her management, they effectively ruined her career this year. She was improving so much with Raf, and now her jumps are looking worse. So unfortunate because she is such a special skater and I’d like to see her finally skate clean and actually contend for gold.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not again, no, please, not this again. It's pointless and painful, no, just no.

iamSkylar

Rinkside
Or because EunSoo didn’t want the negative attention and wanted to focus on what’s ahead instead.

Please cut it out. There are many Korean interviews where EunSoo spoke of the difficulties in training w/ RAF where she’s visibly fighting back tears... before the whole incident at Worlds.

Just drop it and let the girl move forward. The whole “her crazy agency made everything up and jeopardized EunSoo” angle is just crazy.

EunSoo left Raf soon after Worlds and is still with her management agency. She left Raf and her rink and NOT her “crazy agency.” If her agency was crazy, making things up and jeopardizing EunSoo, she’d still be training with Raf and have moved onto another management agency.

Plisskin

Medalist
Or because EunSoo didn’t want the negative attention and wanted to focus on what’s ahead instead.

Please cut it out. There are many Korean interviews where EunSoo spoke of the difficulties in training w/ RAF where she’s visibly fighting back tears... before the whole incident at Worlds.

Just drop it and let the girl move forward. The whole “her crazy agency made everything up and jeopardized EunSoo” angle is just crazy.

EunSoo left Raf soon after Worlds and is still with her management agency. She left Raf and her rink and NOT her “crazy agency.” If her agency was crazy, making things up and jeopardizing EunSoo, she’d still be training with Raf and have moved onto another management agency.
It's cool to disagree but coming at me like this is ridiculous. It's not that serious chief. On ignore you go.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I was looking to see what Eunsoo's next GP was. I had totally forgotten it was NHK. Such a wait! But NHK is usually, in my opinion, one of the best events in the GP, so it will be great to have her there once again :yes2:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i am not going to comment about Adam Rippon on Squirtle's Fanfest (or ever). I posted in my tweet account "ignoring is my greatest malice", that is just how I deal with stuff, btw, I knew exactly what Adam Rippon is living for. And I have chosen to completely ignore him.
The whole “her crazy agency made everything up and jeopardized EunSoo” angle is just crazy.", I would say this is very clever damage control tactics from the other side. but people with brains and looked the facts just for a bit, should immediately know this is just a tactic.:biggrin:

I went to Skate America in person, all I wanna say, I fell in love with our girl:love: I will wrote more about this when I got time.

@Ichatdelune I'm still alive and I will talk a bit about Squirtle's costume as well:biggrin:

ETA, also I wanna add, there are many Eunsoo supporters out there, but we support our girl by going to event to watch her. like the guy shouting out "we love you" etc and got a heart from our girl in return. because, we love our girl's precious beautiful skating and hope the best for her :love::pray:not other things.

skaterr

On the Ice

Yeah they didn’t provide proof because there wasn’t any. She should’ve dropped her management, they effectively ruined her career this year. She was improving so much with Raf, and now her jumps are looking worse. So unfortunate because she is such a special skater and I’d like to see her finally skate clean and actually contend for gold.

I just wonder if you assume Eunsoo lied or her agency has not responded adequately. What option ATS can have? Do you think they should have sued Mariah for bullying Eunsoo? Or from the beginning they should have shut up before making a fuss about it? I'm sure KSU warned ATS that they should not respond anymore if Eunsoo can skate at ISU competition. If Adam can sure of what's going on there, I want him to sue ATS. I also want to know the fact. I'm sure ATS would respond if Mariah sue them.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Update on her ISU bio: squirtle's going back to her Somewhere in Time SP, so pros: step sequence levels should go up, that ethereal dress / cons: no more fan-waving choreo :sad4:, less variety in her performances (since she now has gentle, lyrical music for both her programs)

I don't know, while I do love Somewhere in Time I still want to see Capriccio Espagnol done to its full potential :sad21: Maybe in the future it could be reworked into a FS (if she has enough stamina for it, that is)..?

randomfan

Record Breaker
Aw why?? :confused: I loved Somewhere in Time, but Capriccio Espagnol was a great program too. If it’s because she’s uncomfortable with it, then I still think she should’ve at least waited until after NHK to ditch it. Or maybe I’m just against re-using programs in general :slink:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Aw why?? :confused: I loved Somewhere in Time, but Capriccio Espagnol was a great program too. If it’s because she’s uncomfortable with it, then I still think she should’ve at least waited until after NHK to ditch it. Or maybe I’m just against re-using programs in general :slink:

I think it's more of a step sequence issue (it was called a level 2 in every competition she did), NHK is a deep field and even if she's not hoping for a podium she certainly is thinking about WR points. Also, in the long run, she's thinking about Nats (she's going against Young's 3A after all) and Worlds (the possibility of 3 spots is a big deal), every point counts and she has been clean with Somewhere in Time. Of course theses are all speculations, but squirtle's not the kind to go back to her old program without good reasons.

Somi

Rinkside
Does anyone know if Eunsoo is training harder technical elements? I figured with next year's batch of korean juniors coming up, the current senior korean ladies are preparing to add something to their technical arsenal to try to stay in group A.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Sorry for the double post, but I've been trying to deal with my disappointments with not getting to see Capriccio Espagnol with my own eyes :cry: and long story short, here's a veeeeeeery rough cut of an imagined reworked Capriccio Espagnol FS. It's just basically the cut for the SP given some breathing room, like ugh I love than fan-waving choreo and I wanted to see it at Nats :sad4: :sad4:

https://clyp.it/fhp4gosz?token=215d3bedd73350fa3fc666627bfd4fce

---

Does anyone know if Eunsoo is training harder technical elements? I figured with next year's batch of korean juniors coming up, the current senior korean ladies are preparing to add something to their technical arsenal to try to stay in group A.

This is just me and my wacky theory, but Haein said she sometimes trains the 3A when things are going well, and she's coached by Coach Chi just like squirtle, also last season when asked if she had plans for training difficult jumps squirtle said that if she was going to train one it probably would be the 3A, so...

lusterfan

Final Flight
I absolutely loved her SP last year and think it suits her style the most. However, I hope this doesn't negatively affect how judges view her. I can't help but imagine some judges may subconsciously give not as high marks for a repeated program.

She should be comfortable with the program though, so performance quality should be great!

Somi

Rinkside
I think its reasonable to say that if her rink mate is training a 3A, Eunsoo will atleast be watching and taking mental notes :clap:
as well as being aware of what shes gonna be up against!

randomfan

Record Breaker
I think it's more of a step sequence issue (it was called a level 2 in every competition she did), NHK is a deep field and even if she's not hoping for a podium she certainly is thinking about WR points. Also, in the long run, she's thinking about Nats (she's going against Young's 3A after all) and Worlds (the possibility of 3 spots is a big deal), every point counts and she has been clean with Somewhere in Time. Of course theses are all speculations, but squirtle's not the kind to go back to her old program without good reasons.

Hm, maybe. But she’s only been at two competitions, so can’t she just go to her choreographer and work on the step sequence then, instead of getting rid of the entire program? I just find her changing the program entirely this early in the season really odd. Plus, I feel that Somewhere in Time is too similar to Sabrina. But yeah, she probably has her own reasons for deciding this, so hopefully she’ll be more comfortable with the change.