Eurovision 2015 | Golden Skate

Eurovision 2015

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
We were very pleased and happy yesterday....till the middle of the vote. Then somehow Russia started to lose to Sweden on the accelerated rate. Don't know the split of the reality and politics: will be fairer to have just the popular vote. In the second half 2 countries gave Russia 0: San Marino and Lithuania. And while with the former I can understand: there are 30 thousand people all in all in San Marino - it's a tradition not a real country - with the latter I believe it's politics: the neighboring Estonia gave what? 12? and here 0. But I will need to look at how the people of Lithuania voted vs. the panel - they gave the data before.

Actually, both Russia's and Sweden's shows were the best.

Just looked at the Eurovision site and 2 things have appeared (did not check them so that cannot guarantee they are true):

1. Italy won the popular vote - Russia is still the second - Sweden the third:
Sweden: 279 televote, 363 juries
Russia: 286 televote, 240 juries
Italy: 365 televote, 183 juries

2. Lithunian vote is a disgrace to Lithuania: popular: 3rd place - jury: 20th place. Combined outside points.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
i don't know about the results. I liked Sweden, but the song is kinda hollow. I'm sure it was already mentioned somewhere that his song sounds a bit like 'Lovers on the sun' by Guetta. Pseudo-country verses and repetative chorus. Doesnt mean I haven't enjoyed it. And the visuals were pretty cool. Great entry, just not winning worthy in my opinion.

For me, the clear winner is Italy. I enjoyed them so much. Very nice melody, great song, and it was on Italian, which is pretty rare for Eurovision. I honestly don't know why judges haven't appreciated this.

I really liked Belgium guy and Estonian entry too. Good songs.

About Russia: well, I don't like Russia's song this year. Too cliche, clear commercial product. Polina did her best, and I was so happy for her, but the song is not very original. It reminded me of other Swedish song 'Undo' for some reason, I think it was 2014 Sweden entry. Nice melody, cheesy lyrics and very loud and good vocals. The formula did not worked this time. But her emotions after the performance were very touching. Good job, Polina.

About voting: I was really surprised with some of the results. With all anti-Russian propaganda around the world (sometimes deserved, sometimes not) 12 pts from Germany to Russia and 10 from Australia were shockers for me. Lithuanian scores were not surprising. And Georgian judges did their best to lower the score for Russia. IMO, they should rework the system. Only televote should be counting. Just look at this year results, judges pulled Sweden song on the 1st place from 3rd after the voting.

And my top 5:
1. Italy with gap
2. Sweden
3. Russia very close to 2nd
4. Estonia
5. Belgium

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I wasn't crazy about Russia's song, but some of the over-the-top hate I see on other sites for the Russian performers these past 2 years is really disheartening. I don't think politics should have anything to do with a silly song contest, particularly if the performers are not expressing any kind of political views themselves. Thankfully in the FS world, people can separate things a little bit better...not always, but most people here are more sensible, I think. Anyway, I liked Italy, Latvia, Georgia, Serbia, and Montenegro's songs the best.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I wasn't crazy about Russia's song, but some of the over-the-top hate I see on other sites for the Russian performers these past 2 years is really disheartening. I don't think politics should have anything to do with a silly song contest, particularly if the performers are not expressing any kind of political views themselves. Thankfully in the FS world, people can separate things a little bit better...not always, but most people here are more sensible, I think. Anyway, I liked Italy, Latvia, Georgia, Serbia, and Montenegro's songs the best.

And what do you think about the winner? :think:
And I agree with you about the hate. For example, the journalist who wrote the recap for some UK newspaper wrote something like 'maybe Russia needs to shoot down another plane' (oh yeah, and maybe you should be fired right on the spot after this words), or that there should be more boo'ing and many other things. How peaceful and tolerant of some of the people to hate young lady just because of the country she's from.

Mia29

On the Ice
France is thinking to leave the show... In France, the eurovision is mocked or very criticized for the nature of the votes. So, it will be not a surprise if a day, the country says "stop"

Personally, my favorites songs yesterday were in the last top 5 for the majority :think: Only Montenegro and Italy weren't.
I'm for a new system. All the countries in their language and subtitles in order to understand the lyrics. I dislike the fact that 22 of 27 songs were in english. That's not my vision of Europe.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I didn't really like Sweden's entry. I did like Russia's. And Australia's was awesome :yay:

LRK

Record Breaker
France is thinking to leave the show... In France, the eurovision is mocked or very criticized for the nature of the votes. So, it will be not a surprise if a day, the country says "stop"

Personally, my favorites songs yesterday were in the last top 5 for the majority :think: Only Montenegro and Italy weren't.
I'm for a new system. All the countries in their language and subtitles in order to understand the lyrics. I dislike the fact that 22 of 27 songs were in english. That's not my vision of Europe.

That's how it used to be.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
We were very pleased and happy yesterday....till the middle of the vote. Then somehow Russia started to lose to Sweden on the accelerated rate.
They did this on purpose, the votes where ordered in a certain way, so that the vote count would be exciting as long as possible. I didn't like that either, if the result is clear it shouldn't be "made" more exciting. And in the last couple of years I always knew who was going to win after watching all performances :) and so I thought that Italy would catch up. But they didn't and I was really dissatisfied about that. It didn't feel right and it turned out that it isn't.

I thought that the Russian singer was a bit nervous, you saw that and heard that, but who wouldn't be. I think she would have had a chance with a flawless performance. She gave a good performance, but it wasn't as free and easy as f.e. the Italians. Their song isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it was the performance of the night. So I thought it was a pity that they didn't win. And I liked the Estonian entry.

Regarding the use of English: I like it when they do the songs in their own language, but some languages would never ever win. So I think it's good that they changed the rule. But it would have been a great message if Italy would've won this year.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I liked Johnny Weir skating to Polya on Insta :love:

haterz gonna hate
Im gonna laugh:laugh2:

the journalist who wrote the recap for some UK newspaper wrote something like 'maybe Russia needs to shoot down another plane' (oh yeah, and maybe you should be fired right on the spot after this words)
I remember actually taking to heart & being upset with the majority of western media 'journalism' but now I just brush them off
hopeless cases...
I accepted that the western view of the world is completely opposite from mine & too black & white

my top

1 Latvia
2 Montenegro
3 Romania
4 Italy
5 Russia
6 Belgium
7 Estonia
8 Australia
9 Sweden
10 Malta

That said I'm happy Sweden won & Polya didnt. This contest transformed too much for me to enjoy in recent years.+I dont want it to be held here.
Frankly speaking we should withdraw from this contest imo
After all the disrespect partiularly in the alst 2 years it would be good to have some self respect.:scratch: Lol won't expect it to happen though after high results & suposed populaity on tv

Anyway I liked Mans. He had great show number & visuals even if the song is bland when u just listen without any video reel. Though I'd be super happy if Italy won. it would be a great message about singing in native languages & I'd be happy indeed if that rule was back.
It became a contest of just songs that certain swedish producers can write for any country.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I liked Johnny Weir skating to Polya on Insta :love:

haterz gonna hate
Im gonna laugh:laugh2:

I remember actually taking to heart & being upset with the majority of western media 'journalism' but now I just brush them off
hopeless cases...
I accepted that the western view of the world is completely opposite from mine & too black & white

my top

1 Latvia
2 Montenegro
3 Romania
4 Italy
5 Russia
6 Belgium
7 Estonia
8 Australia
9 Sweden
10 Malta

That said I'm happy Sweden won & Polya didnt. This contest transformed too much for me to enjoy in recent years.+I dont want it to be held here.
Frankly speaking we should withdraw from this contest imo
After all the disrespect partiularly in the alst 2 years it would be good to have some self respect.:scratch: Lol won't expect it to happen though after high results & suposed populaity on tv

Anyway I liked Mans. He had great show number & visuals even if the song is bland when u just listen without any video reel. Though I'd be super happy if Italy won. it would be a great message about singing in native languages & I'd be happy indeed if that rule was back.
It became a contest of just songs that certain swedish producers can write for any country.
Johnny is always special and a real showman.
A couple of years ago (before the judges & televote combined vote) the so called "bloc voting" thing was mentioned regularily in the media in Central Europe. Because they didn't win they thought it was a conspiracy. :biggrin: I always thought they were exaggerating, people like what they're used to in music. And your 1-10 list is quite different from my own. I think they should get rid of the judges votes, they're ruining the thing. F.e. when Conchita won a homophobic german judging panel didn't give her points at all. And this year Italy didn't win because of the judges votes. The winner has to appeal to various musical tastes. And the funny thing is, that the televotes seem to be actually less politically influenced than the judges votes. I really like that. :) Europe!

KKonas

Medalist
I watched the entire Eurovision competition and thought Italy was the true winner. Gianluca Ginoble has the best baritone voice in the world and the two tenors, Piero and Ignazio, are also very good. They sing in English as well as Spanish, French and some German. They have toured in the US and South America as well as in Asia and Europe. I saw them live in Phoenix and they sound even better live. I have all their albums. You can find Il Volo on youtube. Sweden's song was like a million others we have heard before. Russia was okay. I also liked Spain. Il Volo will be on Detroit's PBS station on July 6th and later on other PBS stations in the US.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Gianluca Ginoble has the best baritone voice in the world and the two tenors, Piero and Ignazio, are also very good.
Gianluca is great. His version of "Can't help falling in love with you" is to die for. Makes me forget Elvis for two minutes. :yes: Haven't thought that possible.

KKonas

Medalist
Gianluca is great. His version of "Can't help falling in love with you" is to die for. Makes me forget Elvis for two minutes. :yes: Haven't thought that possible.

I agree. Gian's version of Sinatra's "Night & Day" is better than the original. Plus he is too handsome for words and he's only 20!