Figure/Ice merch places in St Petersburg RUS | Golden Skate

Figure/Ice merch places in St Petersburg RUS

poohmunk

Spectator
Hello,

I'll be in St. Petersburg for a day in August. Are there any rinks or monuments or anything figure skating or hockey related to visit in the area? Does the Dinamo sports complex allow visitors? Are there any places I can buy a skating related souvenir? I'm planning an itinerary with a tour guide, and while I plan on focusing on more traditional Russian attractions, I'd love to visit something skating related or pick up special Russian skating merchandise. It could range anywhere from watching some skaters practice to visiting a store that would have a skating or hockey items for sale. This would just be a quick stop within a crowded schedule, but as figure skating is so big in Russia I'd like to incorporate something into the trip! Any recommendations?

Tatjana

On the Ice
There are several skating schools (ice rinks) in St. Petersburg where high level skaters are training, but you probably will be turned away if you just try to walk in. Your best bet could be Yubileini Ice Rink (metro station Sportivnaya) when you tell the guard that you want to visit the skating school. Maybe you are lucky. There is also a memorial plate to Belousova/Protopopov at Yubileini.
If you want to buy a skating souvenir, you should go to the shop "Figurist", Griboedova Canal Embankment No. 33 (not far from the Nevski Prospekt), open daily Mon-Sat 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sun 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. They have a website, too, but in Russian only: https://www.figurist.ru/
Maybe Elena Berezhnaya's Theatre on Ice will have shows in August, but these shows are more for children.