Figure Skaters Make Special Delivery to Paralympian | Golden Skate

Figure Skaters Make Special Delivery to Paralympian

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US Figure skaters, with the help of the Japanese fed, delivered a racing chair to gold medal Paralympian Tatyana McFadden.

Tatyana McFadden was getting anxious. Her racing chair was broken and a replacement was stuck in Japan for six months because of pandemic restrictions on international shipping.

McFadden, who runs distances on the track from 100 meters to 5,000 meters in the T54 category and also competes in marathons on the road, expected to pick up a new chair in February 2020 after competing in one of the marathon majors in Japan. Then covid hit and the race was cancelled.

McFadden reached out to .... the director of U.S. Paralympic Track and Field, and said, “I need help. What can we do? Is there anybody that’s going over – like, anybody?”
Then [the Director] told McFadden that the U.S. figure skating team was not only heading to Japan, they were already on the plane.

And the story continues:)....

I posted about this in the WTT thread, but with this article I thought the story deserved wider distribution. Plus the US and Japanese Fed cooperation. 🎌

Jason Brown's tweet thanking the Japanese Fed for its assistance

Yahoo! It arrived! Wouldn’t have been possible without Japan’s help! Good luck in Tokyo! We’ll be cheering!
東京オリンピックがんばってください!チームアメリカは日本スケート連盟様、そして関係者の皆様に感謝しています。ありがとう。