Figure Skating Newest Royal Couple: Miki Ando and Javier Fernandez | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Newest Royal Couple: Miki Ando and Javier Fernandez

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
excuse me but what the heck are talking about?

They posted the instagram photo with saying "Hoy es un dis especial".
They also posted a picture of their messages to each other:

"Miki Ando is dating javier?!?!
Omg
We must discuss it this week
Omg
Now I hate her" (Jenny)

"I always warned you about Miki Ando. Clearly, she can't be trusted." (Dave)

That's called joking.. Everyone knows Jenny "loves" Javi and of course she now "hates" her because they are dating. Just like we rest of Javier fans "hate" her. Clearly they are happy for them. :drama:
Omg i don't believe how people get upset in this internetland over every single thing..
That said, I do find it appalling if some have said nasty things to Miki about her being single mom, or dating guys or whatever.

I am caught up in this which says how shallow we are lol but I am sure Jenny is joking. Besides I thought it was Dave with the crush from what he said on one of the shows. And I am sure they were both joking.

I have to be honest, I don't watch their shows. I watched once and thought "Oh, I can't sit through another of these!"

So, I don't actually know which of them has a crush on Javi. Hey, they both might for all I know. But Jenny's was the name on the screenshot, so that was the only person I knew for definite was involved in the conversation.

Plus, I don't have one of those smart phone thingys, so I wasn't sure whether the name at the top (i.e. Jenny's) was the grey or the blue. But, it doesn't really matter which was which, as both were being not particularly nice.

I really hope they were joking. But, these things don't really come across well when written down. It would have helped if there was an emoticon included to suggest laughing, or sarcasm, or whatever.

But I can tell you something - some of the people that were replying definitely weren't joking. And the things they were saying were shameful.

And I definitely don't like people that were picking on Miki for being a single mum. For all we know, the father may not want anything to do with his daughter, or may not accept that she is his. In which case, how would that be Miki's fault?

At the end of the day, we don't know all the ins-and-outs of how Miki came to be in that situation. And it is none of our business, either.

But, what is important is that Miki and Javi are both happy with each other.

CaroLiza_fan

gmyers

Record Breaker
I believe the skating lesson is trying to be funny because here you have their least favorite lady skater of all time except maybe slutskaya with the most popular male of the moment their beloved Javier!!! Brain exploding!!!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I believe the skating lesson is trying to be funny because here you have their least favorite lady skater of all time except maybe slutskaya with he most popular male of the moment their beloved Javier!!! Brain exploding!!!

:laugh:

Karma.

Bomb them all, FernAndo!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I believe the skating lesson is trying to be funny because here you have their least favorite lady skater of all time except maybe slutskaya with he most popular male of the moment their beloved Javier!!! Brain exploding!!!

Erm, am I strange? Because I always liked Ando AND Slutskaya...!!!

In fact, Irina Slutskaya was the first skater I took a real interest in watching. And then this pretty wee 15 year old Italian girl came along (Carolina), and that was me hooked. (I should add, I was 17 at the time).

CaroLiza_fan

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
For skating fans it is easy to jump into happy dance when hear about their relationship.

But I am curious in what language they communicate with each other. I don't know many Japanese skaters speak English in press conferences, not even Mao. And if they are not even living at the same location, how do they "date" with a language barrier?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For skating fans it is easy to jump into happy dance when hear about their relationship.

But I am curious in what language they communicate with each other. I don't know many Japanese skaters speak English in press conferences, not even Mao. And if they are not even living at the same location, how do they "date" with a language barrier?

Somebody asked that somewhere earlier, and the (very clever) answer they got was:

"The language of love".

Seriously, though, that is a very good question. You would automatically assume it would be English, but I can't remember ever hearing Miki speak English. That said, I just looked at her Wikipedia page, and saw that Miki once had an American coach (Carol Heiss). So, perhaps she does speak some English, but just isn't confident enough in her ability to do so in public.

Given that they both used to be coached by Morozov, I wonder if they maybe both speak some Russian.

Mind you, Japanese is a language I have always wanted to learn. So, you never know, Javi might be the same.

It's something that would be very interesting to know.

CaroLiza_fan

peg

Medalist
Her English is actually quite good. I wish them well, but hippommoomin brings up a good point. They will definitely have some additional obstacles to overcome from a practical point of view. Also, cultural differences can be challenging. I hope they can make it work in spite of those challenges.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
A married couple of French Canadian woman and American man told me how sparks flew when they first met and somehow they kept dating without either knowing the other's language. :)

I also once read a touching story of an American woman and a Chinese man in China. She had watched and fallen in love with him for a while. (Easy as he was very handsome even with his white hair, as seen in their picture.) But he was taking care of his ailing wife. She waited till he was widowed and eventually married him. Even then they communicated mostly with hand signals and expressions. Love conquers at least the language barrier. :)

Back to FernAndo. Elite figure skaters compete internationally and often train in foreign countries. Most of them know some English as a second language. Miki and Javi even trained with the same coach. They issued the joint announcement in English and their mother tongues. I doubt language is a serious issue.

There are three little words that are easy to learn in any language. ;)

supsu

On the Ice
Somebody asked that somewhere earlier, and the (very clever) answer they got was:

"The language of love".

Seriously, though, that is a very good question. You would automatically assume it would be English, but I can't remember ever hearing Miki speak English. That said, I just looked at her Wikipedia page, and saw that Miki once had an American coach (Carol Heiss). So, perhaps she does speak some English, but just isn't confident enough in her ability to do so in public.

Given that they both used to be coached by Morozov, I wonder if they maybe both speak some Russian.

Mind you, Japanese is a language I have always wanted to learn. So, you never know, Javi might be the same.

It's something that would be very interesting to know.

CaroLiza_fan

Funny you would point it out.. the skating lesson on Facebook said that :laugh2:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
When people of different cultural background date, it could end up with two extremes.
It says the best way for intercultural couples is to live in a third country.

A married couple of French Canadian woman and American man told me how sparks flew when they first met and somehow they kept dating without either knowing the other's language. :)

I also once read a touching story of an American woman and a Chinese man in China. She had watched and fallen in love with him for a while. (Easy as he was very handsome even with his white hair, as seen in their picture.) But he was taking care of his ailing wife. She waited till he was widowed and eventually married him. Even then they communicated mostly with hand signals and expressions. Love conquers at least the language barrier. :)

Back to FernAndo. Elite figure skaters compete internationally and often train in foreign countries. Most of them know some English as a second language. Miki and Javi even trained with the same coach. They issued the joint announcement in English and their mother tongues. I doubt language is a serious issue.

There are three little words that are easy to learn in any language. ;)

Icey

Record Breaker
OT Have Javier's parents ever been shown in the audience during the broadcast of one of his competitions?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Congratulations to Javier and Miki!!!

I was surprised to find this quote in an earlier message:

To the very end, Ando did not reveal details about the child’s father. She only just revealed this May that she has started living with fellow pro-skater Nanri Yasuharu.

The relationship between Javier and Miki does not seem to have been long and now they already announce about it?

yuki

Final Flight
Congratulations to Javier and Miki!!!

I was surprised to find this quote in an earlier message:

To the very end, Ando did not reveal details about the child’s father. She only just revealed this May that she has started living with fellow pro-skater Nanri Yasuharu.

The relationship between Javier and Miki does not seem to have been long and now they already announce about it?

That article was from last year.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Here's an interview where Miki speaks English.

That makes sense, given that she was trained by Morozov and lived in New Jersey for the quad leading to Vancouver (2006-10). English would have been their common language, unless of course Miki spoke Russian too! Wasn't that February 2010 profile in the New York Times done without an interpreter?

Her diction and syntax is conversational and quite young. It's not as "formal" per se, especially given how she uses the word "like" often. Since she's still in her 20s that may be just part of the vernacular and custom.

She expresses herself very well. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
OT Have Javier's parents ever been shown in the audience during the broadcast of one of his competitions?

Yes, I remember a member posting a photo of Javi's parents in the audience after one of his performances - but I can't at all remember which competition this was at. So there's that one at least - I'd imagine there'd be more.