Finnish Figure skating championships 2019 | Golden Skate

Finnish Figure skating championships 2019

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Kouvola 15th and 16th December, 2018

List of the participants, seems to be in alphabetical order of the club: https://www.stll.fi/wp-content/uplo...-paikan-lunastaneet-2vk.-jälkeen-19112018.pdf

SM2018 = last year's medalist. Cecilia and JussiVille are not any more skating together, but they are mentioned because of medalling last year. So they still have chance.

1. vk and 2. vk means the qualification competitions.

I am happy to see there are 8 junior men! Have there ever been so many? The level is not high, though, but when there is competition it makes good to men's figure skating. To medal you just need to do more than just show up and skate through the program.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
SM2018 = last year's medalist. Cecilia and JussiVille are not any more skating together, but they are mentioned because of medalling last year. So they still have chance.

Are you sure? I heard they were taking this year off, after the disappointment of not making Olympics, and then would assess their future?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Are you sure? I heard they were taking this year off, after the disappointment of not making Olympics, and then would assess their future?

Yes, they have split. It has been confirmed officially by Finnish figure skating association yesterday. Cecilia do not know yet what to do, JussiVille will continue ice dancing, if he finds a pair. I think for a man it is easy to find someone, so I think it is a matter of time when we see hem again.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes, they have split. It has been confirmed officially by Finnish figure skating association yesterday. Cecilia do not know yet what to do, JussiVille will continue ice dancing, if he finds a pair. I think for a man it is easy to find someone, so I think it is a matter of time when we see hem again.

Thank you, I've only just seen your reply.

Wow, just got an email and this is what we need to pay to watch the Finnish Championships! :noshake:

Day Pass 8,99 €
Weekend Pass 12,99 €
Season Pass 24,99 €

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thank you, I've only just seen your reply.

Wow, just got an email and this is what we need to pay to watch the Finnish Championships! :noshake:

Day Pass 8,99 €
Weekend Pass 12,99 €
Season Pass 24,99 €

Yes, I will not pay. It is disservice to figure skating, because I think only relatives of the skaters would pay that. Level is not that high I would pay to see Viveca or Emmi.

One positive thing, I checked the results and Lauri Lankila have capacity of minimun TES to junior Worlds at least at SP. They just have to send him to some international competitions, which will be counted.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ladies SP, no surprises. Viveca leading, in light of scores same level as she has skated through this autumn. Emmi second with a fall and Jenni Saarinen 3rd. Jenni is step by step reaching the level she skated when she was junior. Sofia Sula has withdrawn because of injury. Roman Galay is leading the men´s competition, only he and Valtter Virtanen are in. Papp brothers should have been there, but neither has started. Juulia and Matthias 68,79!..well it is nationals, so we should see, what they really did. I just checked the results.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Congratulations Viveca on finally winning the title!! :hap10:

Looking forward to seeing her dwarfed on the podium by those HUUUUUUGE flowers and the little crown on her head!

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Results:

http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1819/YLJTSM2019/index.htm

Some notes:

Double championship to Lindfors family: Viveca´s little sister won the junior ladies.

Silver medalist of the juniors, Milania Väänänen, is going to turn to pairs with Australian Hektor Giotopaulus Moore.

Finnish men have some future. Finally there was 7 junior boys. Winner Lauri Lankila is able to jump 3A, but has not wanted to do it in competition yet. He is also training 4s and 4t.

Roman Galay skated 191.94 and won. If he has both minimum TES, he will be the one to send to Euro´s. They count also nationals and best SB is the solution to who will go.

Jenni Saarinen was third, but she won Emmi at FS, just slightly. There is going to be more competition between ladies now. Jenni had only beside 2A+3t easy jumps during previous years, but now she has 3Lz and 3F too.

Juulia and Matthias got 172.70. I like them, but I think there is some national extra, because it is almost 10 points more than they have reached in international competitions, though they have improved almost in every competition. I think they want to push them forward in placements. They have some possibility to reach top10 in Euros anyway, don´t they, if they make no mistakes?