Freestyle Skiing | Golden Skate

Freestyle Skiing

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching Dew Tour qualifying I miss seeing Kelly Sildaru! She was really setting up to win Olympic Gold this year.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aerials

Haven't seen a thread for this and I feel kinda bad for opening one just to complain.

But judging scandal everyone, major judging scandal!!

Our Australia man, David Morris has not made the second run of the final, he lost out to a guy from China who FELL at the end of his landing, who somehow got the same amount of points. Even though the Aussie didn't fall...he was slightly off balance sure, but the Chinese guy (sorry don't know his name) actually hit the snow and lost his ski and prior to that was struggling to stay upright.

Like? WTH? Outrageous!

Now, we don't get to see his big jump the quintuple triple summersault! :(

I'm kinda hoping OAR wins this thing just so we can find out what happens when a Russian wins.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK the Chinese guy is a big name athlete he goes by JZ. And no offense to him since he wasn't judging himself, but I'm quite relieved he didn't get gold, because that would be SO UNFAIR.

And I feel mean but I'm looking at him being shocked at getting silver I can't help thinking he should be really really grateful because he shouldn't even be there.

OAR got bronze, good work OAR!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't seen a thread for this and I feel kinda bad for opening one just to complain.

The Aerials is classed as being part of the Freestyle Skiing, whose thread is located here:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?68233

It hadn't been posted in since before the Olympics started, and so was the penultimate thread on the page, making it easy to miss.

Your Aerials thread will be merged into it in a moment.

So, I hope that your complaint no longer being at the start of a thread is a little comforting.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Aerials is classed as being part of the Freestyle Skiing, whose thread is located here:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?68233

It hadn't been posted in since before the Olympics started, and so was the penultimate thread on the page, making it easy to miss.

Your Aerials thread will be merged into it in a moment.

So, I hope that your complaint no longer being at the start of a thread is a little comforting.

CaroLiza_fan

Ah interesting I didn't know that! Thanks for the merge :)

No love for the Freestyle Skiing though? How about that Slopestyle! Those guys skii down the hill backwards before doing amazing tricks! :D

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*angry hissing* David was ROBBED! He should have advanced, not that crash-landing!

I guess it goes to show little country scoring is prevalent in many judged sports, not just skating!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*angry hissing* David was ROBBED! He should have advanced, not that crash-landing!

I guess it goes to show little country scoring is prevalent in many judged sports, not just skating!

I know I was just... :eekn: :shocked::curse:

As I said on Twitter - "That was the worst judging I've ever seen, and I watch figure skating!"

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
First medal and it's GOLD!!!
Can't believe it's true!

Actually I just realised today Australia's first Winter medal was a bronze in Nagano in 1998, so Ukraine may be in the "First medal, first Gold Club" by itself, good on you! :biggrin:

In other news Ch 7 just showed an interview with David Morris - our Aussie athlete and apparently he and JZ (the Chinese silver medallist) are friends so that's nice and it really is true the judges get like one look at the jump in regular time and that's it. I guess they gave JZ the benefit of the doubt in the fall, but still I wonder how often stuff like that happens, 'cause it's got to be disheartening!

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Actually I just realised today Australia's first Winter medal was a bronze in Nagano in 1998, so Ukraine may be in the "First medal, first Gold Club" by itself, good on you! :biggrin:
I mean this OG. But our first medal was also gold, but Victor Petrenko won it as a part of he Unified Team.
We were extremely unlucky in freestyle skiing. So many places near podium and still no medal at all. But this time we won gold and it's like a miracle.

Our freestylers said, that all the freestylers from different countries are like one family. Its extremely dangerous sport, so everybody support each other. Its so nice.

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Our freestylers said, that all the freestylers from different countries are like one family. Its extremely dangerous sport, so everybody support each other. Its so nice.

I know, right? Sasha and Ilia had like a sweetest photo of this Games. A little miracle for both of them.