French Masters 2016, 6-8 Oct. | Page 4 | Golden Skate

French Masters 2016, 6-8 Oct.

keasus

On the Ice
Thanks Cathlen. I hope as the season progresses I can revise this to a less negative emoji. I don't think it will make it to the :love: but maybe an emoji that says "well, at least it was well skated even if it's more of the same mush from Montreal."

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Most of the comments I saw were nothing out of ordinary. And she's allowed to express her opinion. I agree there's nothing good in tearing other people apart, but maybe this is a sign that they could try different approaches. The way she worded her answer was a bit poised, but I don't fault her for that. There's a group of her own fans doing the same around YouTube, though.

She was talking about nasty comments about other skaters, not herself. So I assume she was including those fans of hers who leave such comments.

I really respect her for speaking out.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
The SD is pretty good but the FD is really boring. I see what they're trying to do with the concept, I think, but it's just slooooow.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lord... i was expecting better... we will see if the judging agrees with me but so far this year, we have seen other teams and more than just one or two, that are more promising than this... If seems to me that the programs expose more and more the difference of mastery in the skaters. Gaby is slow and sloppy, hunched back... Guillaume is lyrical, extended and flowing.

Mattieu

Medalist
lord... i was expecting better... we will see if the judging agrees with me but so far this year, we have seen other teams and more than just one or two, that are more promising than this... If seems to me that the programs expose more and more the difference of mastery in the skaters. Gaby is slow and sloppy, hunched back... Guillaume is lyrical, extended and flowing.

It looks to me that Guillaume is running rings around Gabriella :(
I hope she can catch up!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The SD is pretty good but the FD is really boring. I see what they're trying to do with the concept, I think, but it's just slooooow.

I intended to reserve my assessment until their performances are taped in a decent quality, but well...I feel the opposite to you. In the SD, Gabriella looks sloppy and is off the sync a lot and the choreography looks like "we've seen enough already". On the other hand, I love their choice of music in the FD and the choreography. This FD could them make their position secured throughout the season as the FD stands out while everyone is coping their style.

Personally I think Virtue/Moir wins SD over Papadakis/Cizeron but for the FD battle, P/C wins over V/M. I was disappointed in V/M's FD because they are one of the best, so I expected them to change the current TREND that I'm already bored. They are capable of changing and leading a trend, but I guess they need some time to adjust. They should've presented something not similar to P/C's style. On the other hand, I wished P/C pursuits hip-hop for SD, because the SD looks a safe choice to earn more scores from conservative judges.

However, it is evident that Tessa's abilities are way above Gabriella. Despite that I don't like V/M's FD, their movements are way sharper and faster than P/C.

Last edited: