French Masters de Patinage 2020 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

French Masters de Patinage 2020

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Tonight's livestream is here! Junior Synchro FS is due to start in about five minutes, but who knows whether they'll be on time or not...

ETA: They were. :)

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, I wish the Junior Men last night had been as secure on their blades as the Junior Synchro teams. Really liked Team Zazous. And Team Zoulous in Seniors are always worth watching. If the Paris theme was obvious for their FS the final intersecting move to the can-can was really speccy and controlled. :) I do like that Team Zazous has a lot of diversity among its skaters, including one wearing glasses, and that Team Zoulous continues its tradition of having several guys who actually interact with each other on the ice (the pair camel spin done by two of the guys at the end needed a bit of cleaning up but will be a highlight eventually).

I'm not going to watch Senior Ladies; there's nobody skating who really interests me. But I'll be back for the Pairs FS.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Slightly rough outing for the Kovalevs there - Camille almost went into the boards falling on a throw jump, I think they were too close. Very slow over the ice during their lifts. It really drives home how hard it is to maintain speed and security during those...

Raucous and confusing music for Hamon/Strekalin, and again rather a rough skate. They do have that speed that makes the lifts look good when things are going well, but Cleo is still having difficulty with her SBS jumps and she had an unfortunate slip between elements that really threw them both off in the last minute. Though not being a fall on an element, at least it won't be costly in terms of their score.

Keriven/Pierre have really come on since I saw them last - good speed through the lifts, more security on the jumps and throws, though still a bit perfunctory about some of the things in between. They did especially well today because she was skating in a wrist brace. The stream went sticky in the last minute of their skate so I couldn't tell how well the spin and death spiral went though.

ETA: Scoring upset! Keriven/Pierre win the free skate by a tiny tiny margin! Hamon/Strekalin win the event though, thanks to their stronger SP.

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just wound the stream back to have a look at Brendan's FS. Pretty good considering it's new choreography and he wasn't in costume, but I'm used to him performing more. It will come I guess!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Enjoyable program from Lagouge/Caffa - I didn't recognise the music, but they clearly had fun playing with a battle-of-the-sexes narrative, and opening with that low lift and the choreo step really set the tone well.

Interesting program for Lopareva/Brissaud, but marred by some inexplicably ugly shapes and an equally inexplicable bright white line down the back of his tunic.

Galyavieva/Thauron not on the ice as Lopareva/Brissaud wait for their scores - looks like they've withdrawn.

Andrea82

Medalist
Enjoyable program from Lagouge/Caffa - I didn't recognise the music, but they clearly had fun playing with a battle-of-the-sexes narrative, and opening with that low lift and the choreo step really set the tone well.
if it is the same FD they skated last week at Nebelhorn (as I suppose), music is Sposa son disprezzata (from "Bajazet") by Antonio Vivaldi

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I couldn't watch live today and when I got to see a stream archive there was no Senior pairs free skate, just a warm-up and ice resurfacing straight after that. o_O