German National Championships, 15–16 December 2017 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

German National Championships, 15–16 December 2017

Andrea82

Medalist
Here are pictures of the event. They were taken by Hella Höppner!

http://eislauffotos.de/piwigo/index.php?/category/401

I have no confirmation about the olympic spots yet, so I remain quiet about that. Some newspaper named Fentz & Schott though, but this is not confirmed by the DOSB nor DEU yet.

Yesterday Ruben Blommaert wrote on Instagram "And soooooooo happy about being nominated for the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang 2018!!! 🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪#dreamcometrue"

Polizoakis wrote "I was always a little to afraid to say it but now I finally can: #roadtopyeongchang ✔️ We are SO excited to represent Germany at the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang in South Korea"

Schott posted "So happy about winning German Nationals and represent Germany at the Olympics 2018 💪🏼🇩🇪"

As deneuved specified earlier, DOSB need to approve these DEU nominations.
But they all have the minimum scores set by DEU in coordination with DOSB, so vetting them down would be controversial at this stage IMO.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Yesterday Ruben Blommaert wrote on Instagram "And soooooooo happy about being nominated for the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang 2018!!! 🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪#dreamcometrue"

Polizoakis wrote "I was always a little to afraid to say it but now I finally can: #roadtopyeongchang ✔️ We are SO excited to represent Germany at the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang in South Korea"

Schott posted "So happy about winning German Nationals and represent Germany at the Olympics 2018 💪🏼🇩🇪"

As deneuved specified earlier, DOSB need to approve these DEU nominations.
But they all have the minimum scores set by DEU in coordination with DOSB, so vetting them down would be controversial at this stage IMO.

Most of our skaters have the scores by now, a pretty good development and nice work by everyone involved. In theory we could send more skaters than we have spots, which is a new situation too. Hopefully in future, our international results will be better, so that we might be able to send at least two in each category.
This year, we can only do this in pairs and even there, we have three very good pairs, so one will stay at home. At the moment it looks like Hase & Seegert will, which I find really sad, since they came second and have improved each year.

Here is the PDF with the scores prior to Nationals

https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/bettgenhaeuser/Protokoll-OWS-QualiStand11.12.2017.pdf

As you can see, not much will change, except Paul who climbs on 1. (not updated yet). The DEU mentioned earlier this year, that this list will declare (the nominee), so from that perspective we know who is going. I am not sure if the DOSB, would rate the medalists higher or might prefer Peter at the Olympics, since he retires after the season. I doubt this, but you can never rule these things out.

Overall, it seems to be a fair system that the DEU used this year, all knew about the points and it was transparent. Just in pairs, we had a different second place than in the list, everyone else who is on top now, has won nationals, so we will see. :)

Thanks for posting the social media feed of our skaters! :)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Here are pictures of the event. They were taken by Hella Höppner!

http://eislauffotos.de/piwigo/index.php?/category/401

I have no confirmation about the olympic spots yet, so I remain quiet about that. Some newspaper named Fentz & Schott though, but this is not confirmed by the DOSB nor DEU yet.

I can give you the Moscow starters though,

Nicole Schott
Lea Johanna Dastich

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot
Annika Hocke & Ruben Blommaert

Paul Fentz
Peter Liebers

Kavita Lorenz & Joti Polizoakis

I didn't know that Dastich was age-eligible :)
Very happy for her :biggrin:

Andrea82

Medalist
DOSB has approved the Olympic selection today:

Eiskunstlauf (8 Athleten/innen – 4 F/4M): Ruben Blommaert (SC Berlin/Paarlauf), Paul Fentz (SC Berlin/Einzellauf Herren), Annika Hocke (SCC Berlin/Paarlauf), Kavita Lorenz (EC Oberstdorf/Eistanz), Bruno Massot (EC Oberstdorf/Paarlauf), Joti Polizoakis (EC Oberstdorf/Eistanz), Aljona Savchenko (EC Oberstdorf/Paarlauf), Nicole Schott (Essener Jugend Eiskunstlauf/Einzellauf Damen).

http://www.dosb.de/de/olympia/olymp...die_ersten_43_athleteninnen_fuer_pyeongchang/