GP Predictions Rd 4: Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 14 | Golden Skate

GP Predictions Rd 4: Trophee Eric Bompard

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I disagree with this totally. You do realize there was only like 2 points difference between them and second place, right? T/M's best LP score is 130.75 They had higher scoring potential of anyone in front of them other than V/T and P/Z, and P/Z often make costly SBS jumping errors. They almost certainly would have gotten up to third, but there was a real chance of their getting up to 2nd.

No, I disagree with you completely then. I don't recall that T/M made such many errors in their SPs, and then rebound with their FSs. The 7th placement at SP is their first time experience I guess. I'm not sure about how they could deal with such a pressure and make an absolutely clean FS to save themselves if they are allowed to skate a FS. P/Z, or at least Zhang alone on the other hand had similar experiences and the other teams also plan to do big tricks. If T/M is a better competitive team, they would not have ended up at 7th unlike P/Z at 4th or would have a higher PB than P/Z's already. There was a real chance that after FS if possible, Canadian S/B or experienced J/M would top over T/M too.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
If T/M is a better competitive team, they would not have ended up at 7th
Like Tulosai said, you need to look at the points, not the placements.
Because there are less than 2.5 points between places 2 through 7.

Tarasova/Morozov had an excellent chance to be on the podium, and a fair chance of silver.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Like Tulosai said, you need to look at the points, not the placements.
Because there are less than 2.5 points between places 2 through 7.

Tarasova/Morozov had an excellent chance to be on the podium, and a fair chance of silver.

I know but what is done is done, since the SP placement plays a bigger role than the score gap for deciding who will be picked up for GPF. You can't forget that the other teams have a fair chance of getting on the podium ahead of them if the FS were allowed.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
The ISU has decided. Communication No. 1980: SP will count. There are rules for tie breakers, too. Substitutes will be added: "any first Substitute Skater/Couple (placed 7th in the above-mentioned 2015/16 Grand Prix ranking) will be invited to join the qualified Skaters/Couples, provided that this/these Competitor(s) has /have skated the Short Program/Short ance at the event in Bordeaux".

I think we should count our predictions like the ISU did. This will ruin my score :sad21:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its still undecided what to do with TEB Predictions but since ISU made a decision and incase anyone is curious here are the unoffical winners of TEB Men

GOLD : lightsout with 50 points ;

SILVER : katmari , gruesome , matmuh , SomethingWitty , Norwayskater , Juliavl with 45 points ;

BRONZE : sunnystars , eta , Sugarpova , urara , The Finn , shyne , vincb17 with 40 points ;

(unoffical) Congratulations! :clap:

casualfan

On the Ice
Can someone please calculate the Ice Dance predictions even though they may not be official. I believe I will finally get my first medal, unofficially of course.:eek:hwell:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Can someone please calculate the Ice Dance predictions even though they may not be official. I believe I will finally get my first medal, unofficially of course.:eek:hwell:

I will, not today, though.

eta

Medalist
So has it been decided how to count TEB predictions (if it counts at all)?

Snow63

Record Breaker
So has it been decided how to count TEB predictions (if it counts at all)?

Jury is still out. Literally :) We have a secret vote between scorers and organisers :) But it's a SECRET, so, please, don't tell anyone ;)

Snow63

Record Breaker
ICE DANCE results

It's time for ice dance results.
We had 156 valid ice dance predictions this time.

And again, there was no perfect score. But 3 participants were very close, scoring 70 points.

1st place: shared NYscorp6, silverlake22, text_skate - 70 points! My congratulations to the WINNERS!

2nd place: and SILVER medal with just 5 points less shared Crossover, StitchMonkey, casualfan - 65 points! Well done..

3rd place: and BRONZE medal with 60 points shared Layback11, theskatingbutterfly, koatcue, urara, Pere, pooh91, Jombi, lighthouse, daylightescapades - 60 points! My congratulations..

Average score is pretty low this time - 44 points.

So, congratulations to all the winners and medalists! And thank you for playing :hap93:

P.S. If you think there is a mistake, and you should be among the winners ot medalists, send me PM, I will re-check your predictions.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi everyone.

So we all finally were able to vote and we decided to honor the straw poll vote, which was to not count TEB toward the overall results. I know this is highly disappointing for many of you and I will have you know it was tough for us scorers/organizers -- The vote was 4-3.

Thank you all for your patience.

If you have any questions let us know.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi everyone.

So we all finally were able to vote and we decided to honor the straw poll vote, which was to not count TEB toward the overall results. I know this is highly disappointing for many of you and I will have you know it was tough for us scorers/organizers -- The vote was 4-3.

Well, the ISU did not make the right decision, but GS did.:agree:

Thank you, I know this was difficult, and I appreciate the work, thought and concern that went into this. And I will say that even if you have a Ross Miner style recount.:biggrin: :bow:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Hi everyone.

Thank you very much for all the thought you guys put into this. I support the decision.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
please don't mind this post, I am doing my scores for myself. I don't understand that decision at all but democracy has spoken.

Men 30
1 Shoma UNO 15
2 Daisuke MURAKAMI 10
3 Patrick CHAN 5
4 Max AARON 0
5 Maxim KOVTUN 0
6 Romain PONSART

Ladies 25
1 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA 0
2 Gracie GOLD 10
3 Haruka IMAI 0
4 Julia LIPNITSKAIA 5
5 Kanako MURAKAMI 10
6 Angela WANG

Pairs 30
1 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV 15
2 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG 5
3 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV 0
4 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES 5
5 Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU 5
6 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE

Dance 35
1 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER 10
2 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN 10
3 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV 0
4 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND 15
5 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE 0
6 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN

total TEB 120

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hi everyone.

"Honor the straw poll vote"?

So the (self-serving) opinion given by just 12% of the people in the predictions game... was imposed on the other 88% of the people, some of whom actively voted against? And even then, only by a 4:3 vote by the scorers?

Just saying...

Well, the ISU did not make the right decision, but GS did
What are you saying? Skaters at TEB should have received nothing, like they did here? So nobody who was at TEB would be at the GP final? And you think that's the "right" decision?! o_O

I still think that the predictions game should have honored the ISU decision, not some dubious low-turnout straw-poll. Same as the skaters must honor the ISU decision.

Furthermore:
The ISU have a result for TEB, and they used it when determining the places at the GP final
But we have not included that TEB result in our predictions game.
So do we therefore exclude all skaters who were at TEB from the GP final predictions game?
After all, they can't have reached the final without their TEB result.
And then do we add all skaters who were pushed out (or affected by) the by ISU's inclusion of TEB skaters?

If we do include the TEB skaters in the GP final predictions game, are we not accepting the ISU's TEB result "by the back door"? (Just without handing out any points?)

Well whatever, it is just a game after all...!

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I have to mention that I am really dissapointed how the "TEB Final Vote" was handled. I know, it's only a prediction game and it's not important at all, but to delete the thread after a "decision" that wasn't clear at all is worse to me than the Florida vote for Mr. George W. . Just my thoughts ... Why did we have the thread in the first place? To not discuss the result of the vote? I'm confused.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have to mention that I am really dissapointed how the "TEB Final Vote" was handled. I know, it's only a prediction game and it's not important at all, but to delete the thread after a "decision" that wasn't clear at all is worse to me than the Florida vote for Mr. George W. . Just my thoughts ... Why did we have the thread in the first place? To not discuss the result of the vote? I'm confused.

The point of the thread was to get votes and feedback. The thread disappeared because the voting ended (i.e. we didn't want more people to vote after the deadline), but that doesn't mean I didn't see everyone's feedback or votes.

I will post what we decide in THIS thread, but I put the voting thread on the Edge in hopes that more people would see it (which seems to be the case).