Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 2: Skate Canada | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 2: Skate Canada

mis751

Rinkside
My last minute prediction

Pair

1 Duhamel/ Radford
2 Sui/ Han
3 Tarasova/ Morozov
4 James/ Cipres
5 Moore-Towers/ Reagan
6 Vartmann/ Van Cleave

Ice Dance

1 Weaver/ Poje
2 Gilles/ Poirier
3 Zhiganshina/ Gazsi
4 Hubbell/ Donohue
5 Hurtado/ Diaz
6 Aldridge/ Eaton

Ladies

1 Pogorilaya
2 Miyahara
3 Leonova
4 Hicks
5 Wagner
6 Chartrand

Men

1 Fernandez
2 Brezina
3 Mura
4 Kozuka
5 Rippon
6 Menshov

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Men
1 Javier FERNANDEZ
2 Takahiko KOZUKA (damn you, Takahiko...)
3 Takahito MURA
4 Michal BREZINA
5 Adam RIPPON
6 Max AARON

Pairs
1 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
2 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
3 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS
4 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO
5 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
6 Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE

Dance
1 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
2 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
3 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
4 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI
5 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ
6 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN

Women
1 Satoko MIYAHARA
2 Ashley WAGNER
3 Anna POGORILAYA
4 Alena LEONOVA
5 Brooklee HAN (damn you, Brooklee...)
6 Rika HONGO

24 minutes to spare :popcorn:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
My predictions

I did quite alright at SA, but I have a feeling this is going to be worse :laugh:

Men
1. Javier Fernandez ESP
2. Max Aaron USA
3. Takahito Mura JPN
4. Michal Brezina CZE
5. Adam Rippon USA
6. Takahiko Kozuka JPN

Ladies
1. Anna Pogorilaya RUS
2. Ashley Wagner USA
3. Satoko Miyahara JPN
4. Alena Leonova RUS
5. Courtney Hicks USA
6. Alaine Chartrand CAN

Pairs
1. Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford CAN
2. Wenjing Sui / Cong Han CHN
3. Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov RUS
4. Vanessa James / Morgan Cipres FRA
5. Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro CAN
6. Madeline Aaron / Max Settlage USA

Ice Dance
1. Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje CAN
2. Madison Hubbell / Zachery Donohue USA
3. Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier CAN
4. Ksenia Monko / Kirill Khaliavin RUS
5. Nelli Zhiganshina / Alexander Gazsi GER
6. Alexandra Aldridge / Daniel Eaton USA

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
We have 88 eligible ICE DANCE predictions. We had 80 at SA. That's cool :cool:

elle_e

On the Ice
Hello Everybody :)

I have finished scoring for the Pairs of the Skate Canada portion of our GP Predictions Game! So just some house keeping before we get onto the scores.

Could everyone please check their entries for errors before they submit next time, because I got a few Cipres/Morgan's and Morgan Cipres is one half of the French Pair Team, so essentially Vanessa James has vanished from the entry.

I don't know if the pairs competition was really easy to predict, or that everyone just copied and pasted from the person before them, because most of you submitted the almost the exact same entries :laugh: To anyone that had entries that were outliers, I just want to give a huge shout out here, because they made calculating the scores much less boring. You'll understand when you see the results.

RESULTS

We had a 3-way tie for first place, with the perfect score of 75, :clap::clap::clap:

A huge congratulations to: breathesgelatin, coolboogie22 and NYscorp6

In second place with 70 points:
Let's put our hands together for: zinger003

And in third place is with 65 points:
is...
... 51 people.

So, 51/88 people sit on 3rd place~ I ended up scoring this competition in my brain because most people had same or very very similar entries. The average score was 59.2, and the median was of course 65. Nearly all the players had 1st, 2nd and 3rd 100% correct. The mass amount of 65s were from switching 4th and 5th place or bumping out Aaron/Settlage and having James/Cipres in 4th and Moore-Towers/Marinaro in 5th.

Congratulations everybody and I'll see you next time at the Cup of China~

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks so much elle_e. :)

After my abysmal picks in the men's competition, the results of the pairs event is a bright spot for me this week. (I'm one of the 50 with 65 woo-hoo!)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Just wanted to let you know, Mrs. P, that the link to the rules post is no longer working..

Snow63

Record Breaker
Hello Everybody :)

I have finished scoring for the Pairs of the Skate Canada portion of our GP Predictions Game! So just some house keeping before we get onto the scores.

Wow! That was fast! Thank you, elle_e. And congrats to the WINNERS.

ICE DANCE results will be up in a couple of hours :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
ICE DANCE results.

We had 0 prefect scores at SA. This time we have 7 (!!!) perfect results!
The winners of the Skate Canada Prediction Game (Ice Dance segment) with 75 points are: mustafakent, HR4, Debrah, Snow63 (yo!), 96skiluvr, britebells and cjmorton29! Congratulations, ladies and gentelmen! You did great :points::yay:
Second place with just 10 points less (total of 65 points) shared... 21 participants. Sorry, but I'm not gonna mention second placers and third placers this time. Too many people. But congratulations anyway! :clap:
And the third place with 60 points shared 7 participants. Congratulations, you were very close!:agree:
Everyone else scored 55 points or less.

Overall, predictions were very on point this time. 100% of participants (88 of 88) predicted 1st place correctly :laugh: ***CENSORED*** (My apologies to everyone who was offended by the observations that were here before. I didn't mean any harm. Have fun).

Anyway, congratulations to the winners!
Your scores you can find in official spreadsheet of the game. I'll be posting scores there in 5-10 minutes. Feel free to contact me if you'll notice that your score is wrong.

Edit: link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Att2zaxtJzz3dExqQkcxQlE1T1Q4VnJlVno2ZE9zT3c&usp=sharing

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know if the pairs competition was really easy to predict, or that everyone just copied and pasted from the person before them, because most of you submitted the almost the exact same entries :laugh: To anyone that had entries that were outliers, I just want to give a huge shout out here, because they made calculating the scores much less boring. You'll understand when you see the results.

Thank you! :laugh:

Looks like taking a risk really backfired for me in the Skate Canada Pairs. But, I was honestly expecting Kirsten and Michael to do a lot better than 6th. I know that they are a VERY new team, but they were both so good with their former partners.

Mind you, if I had realised that they had not done any competitions before their GP appearance, I might have put them a bit lower. But, only to about 4th.

Oh well, maybe things will improve for me in China...

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the winners, well done! I did even worse this time around. :cry:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Few guys in men field decided to destroy my prediction a bit, hope they will be more kind in COC :biggrin: grats for winners

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Happy I'm one of those 21 in ice dance, and one of those 51 in pairs. But my men's prediction... :slink: (Well, at least I got the podium right, but in the wrong order. And who knew Stephen Carriere would be in the mix?)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy I'm one of those 21 in ice dance, and one of those 51 in pairs. But my men's prediction... :slink: (Well, at least I got the podium right, but in the wrong order. And who knew Stephen Carriere would be in the mix?)

Same deal, podium right, order wrong. And Adam Rippon for fourth.:eek: Chose the wrong American...

But this game is addictive. Thanks to all our scorers, congrats to all the leaders, and when do we start Cup of China???:biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Same deal, podium right, order wrong. And Adam Rippon for fourth.:eek: Chose the wrong American...

But this game is addictive. Thanks to all our scorers, congrats to all the leaders, and when do we start Cup of China???:biggrin:
At least you got Aaron and Menshov in the right places. I was a little too optimistic about the former and not optimistic enough about the latter. Thus, you will still pick up an okay number of points, while I... :slink:

My original picks had Rippon completely out of the top 6, but then I thought he'd had a rough short but fight back in the free. Well, my original predictions also had Kozuka on the podium, so I wouldn't have done much better either way.

Wow, I really can't predict at all.
Don't worry, folks, once the men get scored I will drop way, way down in the standings. :laugh: