Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 3: Cup of China | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 3: Cup of China

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Lol at the two Orser kids killing everyone's prediction :popcorn:

Did anyone put Kovtun first? At least a couple people believed in Mura enough to put him ahead of Javi last week.

Of course, things could still turn around...

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Well my predictions for the ladies and ice dance are screwed.....:eek:hwell:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I certainly won't be getting perfect scores by any means, but I don't think I've done too bad with women & dance compared to SA & SC :biggrin:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
No one have choosen P/C as a winners in ICE DANCE :laugh: I guess no perfect scored this time!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I wonder if someone cleared 200 mark this time - just checked my scores: 185 only with a major flop with men (surprise, surprise). And I started with Kovtun second, then remembered that Gachinskij and Menshov failed me and brought Yan higher. Well....

alebi

Medalist
my disaster was in men.. I guessed right only Nguyen

but I should have scored a total of 235, which isn't bad at all

LRK

Record Breaker
Nah, if anything it could've been my heart masquerading as my gut. No way my brain would've put Kozuka on the podium after his :eek: skate at Japan Open.

True - I thought of that afterwards. The heart is, if anything, even more devious and tricksy than the brain, and one can't put much past it.

Note: Sorry about the late reply; but I had internet problems one day... and then I forgot that I'd made a comment, and I just remembered!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
ICE DANCE results are ready.

First of all, we have 94 eligible Ice Dance predictions for Cup of China (after 80 for SA, and 88 for SC). Yay! I hope we'll do at least 100 for Rostelecom Cup.

Ice Dance results at CoC were really unpredictable. I mean world champs of 2014 are only third, and P/C beat everyone with new PB, which is 8 points higher than their previous best score :laugh: So we have no perfect scores this week. More than that, only one person out of 94 guessed the winners right. And this person is LRK!

1st place: with 55 points 1st place shared... 27 people :laugh: They are katmari, s_parks, flutzy13, supsu, skateforever, burntBREAD, LRK, bj80alex, FSGMT, rosacotton, Nyscorp6, Mentalopes, GF2445, demarinis5, Florencito, alebi, Hyena, Eclair, mis751, Bea, FreeAgent, 96skiluvr, surimi, TMC, NMURA, lost3iron and ArcticMonkeys.:clap:
2nd place: with 50 points shared bellflower and foruiz.:agree:
3rd place: okay, 40 (!) people scored 45 points and shared 3rd place. Congratulations!

Congratulations to all the winners. And good luck at Cup of Russia ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, my! Well, if this does not prove that ignorance is bliss - I don't know what would! :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Now, here we are with the Ladies result! This event wasn't as disastrous as SC, but Julia not winning and Polina off the podium were surprises for most of us (and this meant losing points!)... The most common score was 50, though, so not bad at all!
The best scores were 65s for alebi, SubRosa and MK's Winter :clap:
Then we have in second place with 60 points cleo2070, LRK, Pippuripihvi, sbstien, surimi, Wilheimina, YesWay, Becki
And, bronze medal for this event (55 points) for burntBREAD, cjmorton29 and guenever!!
Let me know if you find mistakes (we had an incredible number of players this time!), and see you next week ;)

elle_e

On the Ice
Hello everybody :)

Just here to post the scores for the Pairs event at the Cup of China~

As I'm sure you're all aware, this was probably the only event that didn't have any big surprises, and was pretty much a drama free zone :laugh:

We had six perfect scores this time around:

So in first place with 75 points are: alebi, darazam, FSGMT, Hyena, surimi and elif :clap:

In second place with 70 points are: rosacotton and bj80alex :clap:

and in third place with 65 points are: 15 people :clap:

Just so you know, there are also 16 people on 60 points, and another 27 on 55 points so everyone's predictions were very very close!!

Most people got the top team correct, and the only major mistake was overestimating Calalang and Sidhu. Congratulations everybody. Please feel free to tell me if I made a mistake in your scoring, and I'll get to it ASAP

alebi

Medalist
wow thank you guys, you've been so fast counting points! :)
now I'm really curious to know how the men predictions worked, I guess it will need more time because it was a mess for everyone :laugh:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
But with 235 you overall did amazingly well in China. I would like to predict that you are going to be first this time.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Now, here we are with the Ladies result! This event wasn't as disastrous as SC, but Julia not winning and Polina off the podium were surprises for most of us (and this meant losing points!)... The most common score was 50, though, so not bad at all! The best scores were 65s for alebi, SubRosa and MK's Winter :clap: Then we have in second place with 60 points cleo2070, LRK, Pippuripihvi, sbstien, surimi, Wilheimina, YesWay, Becki And, bronze medal for this event (55 points) for burntBREAD, cjmorton29 and guenever!! Let me know if you find mistakes (we had an incredible number of players this time!), and see you next week ;)

I got first place ?! I thought I was doomed, lol! This was really fun to play!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
WOW I got first place in Ice Dance of course I shared it with 26 others. Congrats to Us! :clap:

Rhodium

On the Ice
alebi, you are recompensed with a best scores in (at least) three disciplines for your fairness in the previous round :clap:
It is so justly!